The relegation battle - get out of my league!

Comments

• Well, that all went rather well.

No one below us got anything on us, while Stoke and Soton fell a point further behind.

Capture

Brighton's run in looks a bit horror show...

Capture1
  • We've also got the best GD of anyone below us.

Not that will in any way be a factor.

Just sayin'

;scarf
  • Four home games aswell hopefully beat Stoke and be just about there
  • If we win Monday it will be all done and dusted.
  • Pearces
    We had better beat Stoke. I have tickets for myself, my son and my granddaughter!
  • edited April 2018
    Some of the teams around us, have to play each other, thay can’t win them all
    Ie palace
  • Just a thought, grey, could you eliminate teams that are effectively safe? I would reckon that anything from.Watford upwards would be alright.
  • Huddersfield, Southampton and Brighton have nightmare runs. Ours isn’t easy but I’d say Stoke, Everton and Leicester are nice games to have at this stage.
  • Beat Stoke I’d say we’re safe can’t see Southampton getting owt against Chelsea so believe the gap will be to much for both
  • Cuz,
    May be but I don’t think Southampton are down and out, they will have everything to play for, however it remains to be seen if Hughes can get them winning. I’m not really fussed between Crystal Palace or them to go down, but possibly would be happier to see Hodgson & Palace go down......nowt to do with Palace more Hodgson though ;lol
  • Munich

Yes, I'd thought of doing that.

Will do it next time round.
  • Palace have a good run of fix. I'll be amazed (and delighted) if they went down. For me, all we have to do is match Huddersfield and we're good. Not losing to Stoke is the most important thing (we can get something against arsenal when they rotate and subsequently defend badly). Keeping Arnie fit is crucial too. Last two games he's scared the hell out of me holding his leg!
  • So that’s what was slowing him down
    ;yercoat
  • WBA will be confirmed as down if they lose this weekend, and if Palace, Huddersfield and Swansea all win. (BBC)
  • Hope the current 3 in the relegation zone go down, always nice to see the newly promoted teams stay up for a season at least.
  • Regarding WBA and their premiereship status, no hurries let Palace, Huddersfield and Swansea all lose ;lol
  • Goodbye Palace & Hodgson please ;pray
  • Couldn’t wish for owt else as long as stoke or ant team connected to mark Hughes goes to
  • I reckon West Brom will be relegated by 3 o'clock next Saturday.
    Apart from that - Southampton and Stoke would be nice.
  • Going the other way Wolves are guaranteed a spot in the Premier League next season

Wolves have the wonderfully named Willy Boly at CB. Wasn't that a 1965 hit for Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs?

Cardiff regained second spot today, Fulham and Villa are pretty much nailed on to make the play offs with Boro, Brentford, Bristol City, Preston, Derby and M...scum all with a chance of the other two spots.
  • Wolves have a lot of financial support as well

They'd be a good addition to the league and may be able to buy the quality needed for new EPL team
  • edited April 2018
    ASLEFshrugged said:
    Wolves have the wonderfully named Willy Boly at CB. Wasn't that a 1965 hit for Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs?

No mate, that was by Spam, Spam and the Faroe Islanders.

The one you're thinking of was Wooly Bully (a song about Sam's cat) ;biggrin ;yercoat
  • edited April 2018
    Wolves beat B'ham 2-0 so they now need one point from Bolton (20th), Wednesday (16th) or Sunderland (24th) to win the title

Despite giving us the giggle of the season I don't think WBA have much hope of survival with Liverpool (H), Newcastle (A) and Spurs (H) up next. They could still make things difficult for Palace (A) on the last day of the season
  • They defended in numbers and nicked a goal against an average Man Utd team. They aint staying up.
    It was hard to distinguish between this Mourinho team and that of van Gaal.
  • I would love to give them another spanking. ;biggrin
  • 25/1 odds for that 1-0 win today bookies are never wrong my old man used to say
  • Never seen a poor bookie.....
  • Cuz

Bet they took more money on a ManU win (or with Man U win in accumulator.)
  • Yes more of mine again grey must stop having them in my Acca can’t be trusted lol
This discussion has been closed.