The relegation battle - get out of my league!

Comments

• 25/1 odds for that 1-0 win today bookies are never wrong my old man used to say
  • Never seen a poor bookie.....
  • Cuz

Bet they took more money on a ManU win (or with Man U win in accumulator.)
  • Yes more of mine again grey must stop having them in my Acca can’t be trusted lol
  • A disappointing, but not disastrous round of games.

I've taken out any teams at 37+, and had hoped we would be one of them.

Capture

Stoke now need 8 points just to overtake us as we stand. Southampton fans will look at their fixtures and think 'we could do this'. Brighton have what looks like a nightmare set of fixtures, and it wouldn't be a surprise if they failed to get any more points. Huddersfield are in a similar position, and will presumably be targeting the home game against Everton.

Swansea finish their season with home games against Southampton and Stoke, and may need to win one or both to avoid being sucked in to the bottom 3.

Capture1
  • We are still very much in the mix and still need points (at least 2) IMO. And given that all our games are v top 9, it is not the most ideal of positions for us to be in.
  • Looking at the run no one has an easy one do they.... Either top teams or those in the fight for everybody...

STH and Swansea have 5 games... STH also the "easiest" games.

WBA / Stoke plus 1 at the moment I would say.
  • The good news is that Arsenal will have 1.9 eyes on the Europa league next week and will undoubtedly play a much weakened team against us. Looking forward to seeing us win at the Emirates :)
  • Odds at 5/1 for a west ham win look pretty good to me.
  • Arsenal have the 2nd best home record in the PL would take a point
  • Hoping for the best, but we could easily lose 4 of those last 5, only Everton i'd feel confident about

Really needed to have beaten Stoke...just to ease the pressure on us

Don't like the idea of waiting on other teams to lose points
  • edited April 2018
    we need one plucky win from somewhere. Goal difference might take a hit though for a few expected games lost.

Swansea playing Southampton and Stoke is not a bad thing, If we can keep Swansea behind us in the table.
  • We are safe.
  • Massive game tonight - rooting for Leicester - hopefully Vardy feels someone nudging him as he tears into the penalty area...
  • I think with Vardy just looking at him is enough.
  • Just the supporters looking at him.
  • 0-0. How is that possible.
  • edited April 2018
    MrsGrey said:

0-0. How is that possible.

Nothings to play for
    Varrds saving himself for World Cup
  • edited April 2018
    Fulham (2nd) just did the world of football a huge favour by thumping the M..scum 3-0 at the New Dump. M..scum are 6th with two games left, Boro (5th) away and Villa (4th) at home.

Derby (7th) are at home to Boro this afternoon, a draw will lift them into 6th on goal difference with three games left (Cardiff H, Villa A, Barnsley (22nd) H). Fulham probably won't be 2nd for long as Cardiff (3rd) play Forest (17th) this evening

The Championship run in is a bit more entertaining then the Prem this season
  • To be fair - it was a cracking game. Two completely different styles of play.
    Fulham played some lovely one touch football. Certainly a couple to look at, as I
    think that we are. ;ok
  • I've backed Huddersfield for the drop......at 5/1 (The watford win is looking HUGE)

I can't see them getting another point, it still means Saints or Stoke have to pull something out of the bag, but just got a feeling.
  • Agree Sliz ;ok

2nd worst GD in the league too, which says a lot.
  • West Brom losing so there’s one gone almost if stays that way
  • I’d already taken it as given that West Brom were gone weeks ago
  • Ended 2-2! Incredible comeback but probably too late.
  • West Brom still fighting. What about bidding for Rondon?
  • Have to be pleased with neither Saints nor Palace winning since we played against Stoke.
  • Luke ;ok
    While I detest Palace the results since have been alright ...
    Just need something from
    Tomorrow ;pray ;scarf
  • If you get chance listen to Klopps post match comments about the pitch at the hawthorns and that they can enjoy a drive pitch in the championship what a muppet
  • He does embarrass himself with his comments. Talk about bitter.
This discussion has been closed.