The relegation battle - get out of my league!

Comments

• Hammerex said:

That's what worries me Hammerlegend, IF we perform, and I havn't seen that
    for some time now.

Just over a month ago we beat Southampton 3-0, a week later we drew at Chelsea, Stoke was always going to be tough (ask Liverpool) and Arsenal didn't deserve their 4-1 win.
  • WE ARE STAYING UP, I SAID WE ARE STAYING UP!
  • How are those beers working out Grey... ;wink
  • Incredible to believe that in the space of six hours we have gone from being well in the thick of it to not only “more or less” safe but OFFICIALLY safe. What a sequence of results, led by our own
  • BFS still loves us.... apparently Sparky was apoplectic with the injury time...

Shame, I hate to him upset...
  • Vorse, yes I watched him at the final whistle and thought his head was going to explode off his shoulders.............shame.......... smirk. ;whistle
  • Southampton v Manchester City next Sunday could still relegate them if even they win at Swansea as they are at home to Stoke?
  • Bbbrress?? What bbbrress?
  • Definitely would prefer Soton to go down rather than Swansea or Huddersfield.
  • I feel for Darren Moore -unbeaten as a manager, with wins against Man Utd. and Tottenham, and his team was relegated.
  • I feel for Darren Moore -unbeaten as a manager, with wins against Man Utd. and Tottenham, and his team was relegated.

Not yet they aren't.
  • Sure. Sure they aren't.
  • I mean, they aren’t though. They probably will be, but they aren’t yet.
  • Well if Saints draw on Tuesday and both Saints and Swansea lose their final game, WBA can survive with a win and 4 goal swing (minimum) with Saints. Given saints play City, far from impossible.

But unlikely.
  • Only a draw between Saints + Swansea will do for WBA. If either team wins that game, WBA are down.
  • Deciding day in the Championship today, with 5 teams in the mix. Sunderland are gone, so perm 2 of these 5: Reading, Birmingham City, Barnsley, Burton and Bolton.
  • Reading ;pray
  • hope West Brom stay up and send Southampton and Swansea down
  • I hope West Brom go down. They haven't offered much, like Stoke really, so deserve to go down.
  • Looking at our last two games, neither Man U or Everton can improve their positions in the league, so may well already be in their tflip flops, as they won’t raise their final position bonus ;wink
  • MrsGrey said:

Deciding day in the Championship today, with 5 teams in the mix. Sunderland are gone, so perm 2 of these 5: Reading, Birmingham City, Barnsley, Burton and Bolton.

2 of our loanees involved (potentially) - Reece Burke at Bolton and Martin Samuelson at Burton. coyi coyi
  • Oh joy of joys we've got flipping Warnock to suffer all next season. ;weep
  • Giant, he hasn't kept any team up in the PL, has he ;biggrin
  • At least that’s one spot sorted for next season
  • IronHerb said:

I hope West Brom go down. They haven't offered much, like Stoke really, so deserve to go down.

to be fair as long as Huddersfield stay up i dont mind who overall, always nice to see the promoted teams stay up a season.
  • Don't they normally replace him
    B4 the season starts knowing he's a championship manager?.
    Stoke could approach him 4 all I care ;whistle
  • Unbelievably, Colin has managed 15 different teams including 2 stints each at QPR and Palace. ;hmm
  • A hearty relief not to have us on the graphic for this last week.

Capture

Still hard to call although things will probably be clearer after Swansea play Southampton on Tuesday.

West Brom will be desperate for a draw, as the only result that gives them any chance. Huddersfield would probably settle for that as well, given that Southampton face Man City last game.

A Soton win would take them above Huddersfield, who would then be vulnerable if Swansea beat Stoke on the last day.
  • Butland pretty scathing about Stoke's transfer policy (and Hughes by implication.)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44027903
This discussion has been closed.