The relegation battle - get out of my league!

Comments

• Problem is, though, Mojoor, that your calculation is flawd. In their last match Stoke and Swansea play each other. How can one team lose and thr other draw? ;wink
  • Mere details Munich ;wink
  • Problem is, though, Mojoor, that your calculation is flawd. In their last match Stoke and Swansea play each other. How can one team lose and thr other draw? ;wink

meh, fine, Swansea can have a win, they are still safe and Stoke are still relegated and 35 points is still safe :)
  • So assuming we dont get anything from today, 3 points above the Saints with 3 games to go

Cant help but feeling nervy

Hope Leicester turn up like they did yesterday ahen we play them, although i thibk that game is away from home which'll make it harder
  • edited April 2018
    There is a chance Huddersfield won’t take another point, which would help us out. But after today, our GD’s could be mighty close to rule that almost redundant. Obviously we have 4 games and it is still in our hands to get the few points we need. Probably one win to be certain, couple of draws to be all but there. Problem is none of us want to go into the final day needing it. So it only leaves Leicester as our chance of doing the business before the final day.
  • edited April 2018
    As was shown yesterday at Liverpool there’s a chance the top clubs lose intensity at this stage of the season. So there could be something in it for us v Man U and Man City. Problem is Moyes has such a negative mindset in such games that we will likely get turned over regardless. Today represents as good a chance as any to get some sort of a result - after all stoke managed it at Anfield yesterday
  • there was nothing for City against Swansea and they smashed them into next week lol
  • Huddersfield are 8 goals worse off than us. I'd like to hope we won't ship that many, and if they lose all their remaining games, they are unlikely to be making up much ground re: GD.

Yeold

They did, and will probably play at the same intensity against us.

However, from what I have seen of Man U, there is a decent chance we could nick something for that game.
  • City clinched the title against Swansea.
  • City are after smashing all PL records so there’s no chance they won’t play at a high intensity against us.
  • IronHerb said:

City clinched the title against Swansea.

They’d won the title before then.
  • Don’t be surprised if we are....
  • edited April 2018
    Not a great weekend for us, but could have been worse.

Our expected defeat leaves us right in it with Soton winning and Stoke nicking an unlikely point.

On the plus side, Huddersfield didn't get anything from Everton, and face 3 really tough games to finish.

Capture

With Swansea still to play both Southampton and Stoke, that could either benefit or banjax us, depending on the results.

Fortunately things are still very much in our own hands, and if we could get a win at Leicester then that would be the end of our worries, to all intents and purposes.

Capture1

Desperately hoping this will be the last week we are included in this round-up.
  • If we beat Leicester and Southampton and Swansea lose. Then we are mathematically safe.
  • IF is the problem.
  • There are a lot of confusing permutations which leave things very much in the air. For starters, palace beating stoke and Bournemouth beating Swansea would be nice...
  • "Banjax" ;ok

I like that word.
  • i think we will lose our last three games but stay up on 35 points, huddersfield will go down with stoke and wba
  • There are a few out there who are pretty confident of us staying up. I’m curious to find out why. Is it

a ) because they think we will pick up more points still

b ) because we won’t pick up any points but 3 points won’t manage to catch us?

• Me personally barracks think we will I genuinely believe we will get a win against united but I also believe that 35 will be enough think Huddersfield will go and only one out of Southampton and Stoke will make it
  • There are a few out there who are pretty confident of us staying up. I’m curious to find out why. Is it

a ) because they think we will pick up more points still

b ) because we won’t pick up any points but 3 points won’t manage to catch us?

c) bit of both. I think we will get at least 1 point from our remaining games and I also believe that the teams below us have been poorer than us for this much of the season and I don't expect that to change in the next 3 games.
  • We need at least 1 point AND to match what Huddersfield do.
  • We can’t do both cus Huddersfield won’t get another point imo
  • Cuz1 said:

We can’t do both cus Huddersfield won’t get another point imo

Hope your right
  • Me to image
  • Me too image...
  • In recent weeks I have got the impression that a prerequisit for being a Hammers supporter is to be not just a 'glass half empty' but a 'glass as good as empty' type of person.

Is it really that important what league we play in? It seems to me that some people on here want change for change's sake. Just spend 100 million and everything will be alright. No need for the Daved to haggle, just pay any price. (If you think they should just agree to pay any price the selling club wants, I have an 8-year old Kia in my garage that I would like to sell for £5000. ;wink )

Moyes has inherited a squad and his only possibility of fixing things were in January and we all know what happens to prices in that window. Then Masuaku got himself sent off and we signed Evra. Unlike what I have read on here in recent weeks that signing wasn't one we wanted but one we needed to cover for 6!!! games when Arthur was banned.

I am confident we will be in the prem next season and if we are it will be because we were better than at least three clubs below us. We went down with 42 points once and I certainly don't believe anyone up to 42 or 43 points was lucky enough not to go down because x clubs were worse than them.

Keep the faith and support the club. And if you really do feel the need for a whine - have it with cheese.
  • It is important what league we play in since we sold out the Boleyn to achieve "supposed" glory. There is no justification for the move to date other than a few extra gate receipts (at a vastly disadvantaged viewing distance.)

Otherwise why did we move at all !?!??!

• I think we will pick up points. I think with our remaining games, we have a decent chance if we perform. We have lost our last 2 games and think it will be unlikely to loose our remaining 3 to make it loosing streak of 5. I know, it is West Ham and very possible, but I have faith, i think!! I just hope we are up for it against Leicester, if we are, I think we have a good chance to win.
    COYI's
  • That's what worries me Hammerlegend, IF we perform, and I havn't seen that
    for some time now.
This discussion has been closed.