The relegation battle - get out of my league!

Comments

• If we beat Southampton everything looks much better. If we lose then oh boy
  • If we lose then I can’t see how we can stay up, but then they’ll be saying the same thing
  • we need to avoid defeat by both Soton and Stoke plus try to get in front of then match Huddersfields results (shame brighton have that many points as theyve got some tough games)
  • Lukerz said:

If we lose then I can’t see how we can stay up, but then they’ll be saying the same thing

I mean, if we lose we will still have games left to make up for it. It’s key, but it’s not a done deal
  • William hill relegation odds.
    West Brom 1/100
    Stoke 1/3
    Huddersfield 6/4
    Southampton 2/1
    West Ham 9/4
    Swansea 4/1

I would have thought, that the form that we are in, we would be about level with Huddersfield.
  • We will be in deepest trouble if Southampton beat us. Not just because of the result itself, but would indicate that the side is in freefall on the field as well as being in crisis off it. It would be very difficult to arrest such a slide especially when we have games against the top sides in our run in
  • only way we might get an upset against the top sides is if for what ever reason they don't play there best 11 or there heart is not in it .like if city are still in champions league .and arsenal still in Europa ,man u in fa cup ,when do we play them by the way .but I take your point barracks loose against the saints then will be very hard even if the top teams play there 2nd 11
  • We MUST beat Southampton
  • Macca85 said:

We MUST beat Southampton

Thing is they might be on the up turn now.......I DO HOPE NOT THOUGH.....
  • To brighten the gloom around our current predicament, I have just you-tubed some of payet’s 15/16 free kicks - v palace, Bournemouth and Man U - the last one even drawing reluctant admiration from Michael Owen on comms. Can’t believe all of that wasn’t that long ago...
  • We have no one to blame for our current predicament but ourselves, it’s therefore up to us to put in a performance and get the points starting with 3 against Southampton.
  • We Will beat Manu as well. It’s the sort of strange thing we do when we are under the cosh.
    #westhamway
  • I do hope so
  • We Will beat Manu as well. It’s the sort of strange thing we do when we are under the cosh.
    #westhamway

I think you must have been having too many ; ;stout and ;redwine
  • edited March 2018
    So, Stoke play Arsenal at the Emirates next, we play Saints.

IF we were to win (I'm not too optimistic my self), then that would be 6 clear of Stoke (should they lose), 5 clear of Saints, the ones above us would be back in it even more than they currently are.

Stoke then have Spurs at home, before playing us.

The Saints game is so huge you can't even put it into words. With Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and City all still to play, it could literally be make or break for us. Although I think Everton and Leicester are good fixtures to have towards the end of the season with neither playing for anything.
  • Personally, I don't think there's ever a good time to play Leicester. But otherwise I agree with most of that. It wouldn't surprise me at all for us to nick a 1-0 against one of the big boys, tbh.
  • I'd be more than surprised considering our form.
  • Yeold

But that kind of result often comes against form. We didn't have much form going in to our home game against Chelsea, but won 1-0.
  • And Man Utd won’t relish playing us either
  • No, they will be shaking in their boots as we have such a fantastic team. ;hmm
  • Hammerex and obviously united have too oh ye of little faith
  • How have we imploded so badly over the past 3 games?

Before LFC, we had accumulated 20 points from our previous 12 games. Top 8 form. We'd beaten Watford fairly comfortably, had only really had poor results against Newcastle at home and Brighton away and seemed to be almost over the line.

To then witness the 4-1, 4-1 and 0-3 results since then and the manner of them. What on earth has gone wrong so quickly?

Complacency?
  • We missed Masuaku
  • I don't think we imploded against Liverpool. We played ok but Liverpool do that to better teams than us.
    We lost 2 CB's before the Swansea game and another 15-20 minutes in. In a team with a shaky defence, and against a fired up Andre Ayew, it wasn't going to be easy.
    Same goes for Burnley. Doing better than ok until they score and then with the crowd issues the wheels fell off.

So, imo, all is not lost. A half decent performance on Saturday and we're halfway there.

COYI
  • I think the performance is almost secondary to the result on this occasion. The points themselves to me are all that matters. Don’t really care if it comes about as a result of a grotesque performance.
  • Southampton haven't got a game against a current bottom half team left after today, will be tough for them if we hold on.
  • Their next three games are against Arsenal, Chelsea and Leicester.
  • 9 points then.

Well, 9 points available ;whistle
  • 7 points then
  • We have Chelsea do double over them
    And stoke
    Beat them
    And cigar time is here ;whistle
This discussion has been closed.