I won't stand for this - The thread all about standing at the OS.

Comments

• Thorn, I'm not advocating it, but just pragmatically saying standing happens at football games in some sectors (used to happen every game at UP) regardless of the legislation and rather than crate an uneasy situation by threatening and penalising, the club could try to come up with a a different solution. Yesterday the stewards only went to the small standing sections.....didnt go anywhere near the masses standing.
  • They are not the club's stewards, they are the stadium's stewards.
  • No idea if it's true or not but read on social media that twenty something fans ejected for standing on Sunday have been handed 2 year bans?????
  • edited August 2016
    ;nonono

Oh I so hope that is not true because that is terrible.
  • Maybe a shock tactic to make the others realise what may happen to them if they continue to stand against regulations ;hmm
  • edited August 2016
    You can not hand out a 2 years ban for - lets say - the 20 fans ejected on Sunday yet do nothing about the standing in the BML or ChavCorner.

If this is true then it is totally unacceptable.
  • As I say I don't know if it's true or not just something I read on social media.

That would be awful considering the amount of fans who were standing, it appears the stewards targeted certain areas?

Free tickets going out to Newham residents for this Thursday as well.

Let's hope it's not a "Come
    See Astra's stars" Moment

;nonono
  • I'd be a bit surprised if they were thrown out on Sunday and aware of a ban on Monday. ;hmm
  • edited August 2016
    I did think that IH, seemed a bit quick

Perhaps part of the move was that we've got more efficient at such things ;biggrin
  • E20 tell WHUFC who tell Ticketmaster who inform the ticket holder within 24 hours.

More chance of buying Bacca ;lol
  • Think it more likely to get Chew Bacca.
  • Well I hope they were at least targeting the front row of a group that was standing. I was forced into standing the whole game on Sunday (in BML) and wasn't particularly happy about it. Couldn't see the six yard box I was by because of a giant in front of me and yet felt more bothered by the girls behind me that couldn't see and the children sitting to my right who couldn't watch the game at all. Kick out and ban anyone inconsiderate that stands imo. We have plenty of others that want season tickets.
  • What would have happened if you had (politely and reasonably) asked the bloke in front to sit down, do you think?
  • edited August 2016
    Going by how he vehemently abused brady and shouted the 'we stand when we want' louder than any one else in the stand and demonstratively with his arms... I imagine I would have been laid out.
  • edited August 2016
    Nice.

Nomination for knuckledragger of the week, perhaps? (Although there may have been a lot of competition ;hmm )
  • edited August 2016
    Three of my mates sit in the East lower, front row by the corner flag. They wanted to sit but couldn't because the front row were standing against the perimeter wall. They had a moan but got the response "if you want to sit watch it on TV" to which my mates responded "if you want to stand watch it in the pub".

These guys think they are fireproof and until examples are made of them they are.
  • Season bans are the only way forward. Harsh, but there you go.

But this should've been prioritised more than it has been.
  • I'm going Thursday and if I have to stand throughout the whole game, I am not going to be happy.
  • There has been a surprising silence from the club on this subject since the weekend. We still have the junior Sullys giving full support for standing on twitter but not a word from Brady. ;hmm
  • The thing is unless a majority of the PL clubs agree to having a standing only sector in their stadiums, it's never going to be considered. So the Sully kids ought to keep their opinions to themselves, considering they weren't even born when standing was the norm.
  • IronHerb said:

There has been a surprising silence from the club on this subject since the weekend. We still have the junior Sullys giving full support for standing on twitter but not a word from Brady. ;hmm

They needs to shut up.
  • In some ways, what's more to say?

They've outlined the situation under the licence and the PL rules. They've made people aware of what's expected and permitted. They've appealed to people to comport themselves within the rules, and also to show consideration for other fans.

They've pointed out the consequences of ignoring the rules.

The ball is in the fans' court, it seems to me. What more's to add, really, on the club's part?

To ask them again? And again?

It would therefore be reasonable (imo) for the club to say nothing else except to

- announce the bans for the ones who get hoiked out by the stewards
    - to keep fans up to date on changes to the safety certificate/capacity

Is my take on it.
  • IronHerb said:

There has been a surprising silence from the club on this subject since the weekend. We still have the junior Sullys giving full support for standing on twitter but not a word from Brady. ;hmm

They needs to shut up.
    Really? They now have Hammers fans fighting amongst themselves in the stadium.

Carry on lads, all is well.
  • Someone better tell the stewards that those bits of the ground don't have to comply with the safety certificate.
  • Yep, not sure the boys are helping TBH

• Yep, not sure the boys are helping TBH

This has to stop, it wont be them that gets banned for standing. Stupid child.
  • It's one thing to defy the 'establishment' at what you believe to be an unfair stipulation. If nobody else is affected, then it is what it is.

It's quite another thing to keep standing when you're well aware it means people behind you can't see the game they've paid to see, and at least 3000 people haven't been able to come because of it.

Arrogant, disgraceful behaviour.
    West Ham family? Yeah, right. Not to these Neanderthals.

It's not about whether you think you'd like to stand or not. You've been told that standing is costing other people the chance to see their team, so grow up, sit down and shut up, and let some more of your fellow supporters get into the stadium.