I won't stand for this - The thread all about standing at the OS.

Comments

• I know I know

;biggrin
  • Romaine10 said:

I think this geezer was miffed as they only did salted.

I see what you did there ;cool
  • I have seen two instances of people taking booze into the stands and then being caught out by stewards when drinking it . It all ended up with people having to go downstairs to drink it and then coming back ten minutes later. I think a few signs saying no booze past this point , there might be some but I don't remember seeing them and stewards stopping people before they sit down
  • edited September 2016
    plf

They have stewards doing that (supposedly) because wasn't that what the ex-UP steward whose twitter thing complaining about current stewards said she had to do?

http://www.claretandhugh.info/chief-steward-blows-whistle/ that was posted up a few pages back.

(maybe they need more. )
  • They were very hot on this for the Juve game but not so lately.
  • The Met have said they will not be in the stadium for the next game unless there is criminal activity in progress. Apparently there is no radio infrastructure in place in the stadium.
  • That's true. I work for the company that does it. It was removed after the Olympics. The Police would need to put in a special order for temporary coverage and the lead times are fairly long.
  • eski,

The Met said they told the stadium owners in 2014 about this. They came back and said it is now 80% installed and they expect to have it complete for the first Cat 'C' game which is Arsenal on December 3rd. ;ok
  • One more game with trouble and I can see us playing games behind closed doors until they sort this.
  • I heard they are making segregation between the away end and home supporters larger. But the other big problem is the inside fighting between hammers fans and "sitting" vs "standing" debacle / protest. Whatever you want to label it as.
  • IronHerb said:

eski,

The Met said they told the stadium owners in 2014 about this. They came back and said it is now 80% installed and they expect to have it complete for the first Cat 'C' game which is Arsenal on December 3rd. ;ok

Ok, so the order isn't through the Police, it's through the stadium owners? Who is that? I can check the status of it ;wink
  • I think the 'in fighting' has taken us all by surprise, especially the club and landlords.
    There was a bit of a rebuke to the club when LS185 said that ticketing is the cause of some of the problems such as the stand/sit in fighting

The two/three seat separation between home and away fans is nonsense. It was around 10 seat separation in the STB lower at the Boleyn so how that was missed is poor. Fans taking alcohol into the seating area has been illegal since all seater came in so is another poor oversight.
  • I think the 10 seats shouldn't be necessary and people should stop acting like Neanderthals.
  • I also think it is important to keep things in perspective: over 270 000 people have been to games at the stadium so far and how many have been involved in fisticuffs?

It is a tiny %.
  • But supposedly they have been banned ? so if it kicks off again against Accrington / Southampton then something is happening inside the stadium enough that even after banning multiple people it still happens.
  • Oh! It's ok then.
  • edited September 2016

But supposedly they have been banned ? so if it kicks off again against Accrington / Southampton then something is happening inside the stadium enough that even after banning multiple people it still happens.

I don't really get what you are saying.

Are you saying ALL the people who have been causing problems have been banned? Because I don't think that's the case.

And even if that were so, there will be 'new' people going to future games that wouldn't have been at previous ones.

;puzzled
  • then what is the case ? they have banned a select few that's daft then, surely its a policy if fighting happens you get banned end of story. If they haven't all being banned then there is definite failings in the stewardship and management of the stadium CCTV E.T.C.

I don't believe either that suddenly at Accrington and Southampton we will have a host of new people that will suddenly kick off and start a rumble. Considering there are how many season ticket holders?
  • Police no longer cover inside arenas, stadia etc. They Police the streets outside based on intel received. They will only enter stadium if requested by owners if a crime is in progress or other life threatening event. To have Police inside grounds now has to paid for by the organiser/owner etc, not the public and requested months in advance. When I first went to Police Watford, a cat C match was 300plus officers and about 8 dogs...B 180-230, and A 100-150..thhere was occasionally trouble but there enough of us to deal with it...dogs are best ... I saw 5 dogs and handlers see off 400 gooners at Watford....no one wants to get bitten..and they dont recognise uniforms, best place to be is behind the dog!
  • Sorry Ironduke but that's not the case anymore. There are often police in the grounds, some in the bar area and some in the segregation zone. I've only seen dogs at Tottenham, apart from sniffer dogs that are at a few grounds.
  • no need to be sorry,my input is 7 yrs old.....but there are none at WEST HAM
  • Problem is with the BBC being the most non impartial media organisation going, all these problems are giving them big sticks to beat us with
  • What's it got to do with the BBC? This mostly all our own doing.
  • Name me one media organisation that IS impartial!!
  • I can't because there isn't any.
  • Is the correct answer ;wahoo
  • Thanks Miss ;biggrin
  • Gold ;star on the chart for you.