I won't stand for this - The thread all about standing at the OS.

Comments

• A lot of the arguments are based on the belief that the board are just trying to cash in on the additional 9k seats, which of course they deny. Jackie Golds comments give some credence to that argument.
  • edited September 2016
    ;lol Cash in on?

Of course they are trying to cash in on bring more revenue into the club. Isn't that what they are supposed to do?
  • edited September 2016
    ;nonono Shirley Knott!!

;doh
  • edited September 2016

Maybe they should demonstrate their purity of heart and disdain for filthy lucre by not selling any tickets ;hmm
  • edited September 2016
    MrsGrey said:

Maybe they should demonstrate their purity of heart and disdain for filthy lucre by not selling any tickets ;hmm

Yes, give them away to Surrey residents ;thumbsup

• edited September 2016
    Only if you promise not to buy any food or drink at the stadium, and under no circumstances are you to spend any money in the club shop. ;ok
  • OK, sorted ;ok
  • MrsGrey said:

To line their own pockets and not the football clubs is the argument.
  • edited September 2016
    Not an argument I find convincing or have any sympathy with, tbh ;ok

Remind me again how much they spent in the transfer window....
  • edited September 2016
    Not enough ;wink ;run
  • How much of their own money have they sunk into the club so far?

Stupid baseless old argument about the owners (imho).
  • MrsGrey said:

Not an argument I find convincing or have any sympathy with, tbh ;ok

Remind me again how much they spent in the transfer window....

Nothing as far as I know. Around £45m of the Sky money though.
  • That's not really a convincing argument, though, is it. (It's not to me, anyway.)

Money comes in to the club from a variety of sources. It's what the business generates.

Money goes out to ensure the business keeps running and stays competitive. And is still here next year.

• It's not my argument though Mrs G, just what a number of people are writing on social media.

That said, Jackie Golds statement could be seen as supporting their argument.
  • She, along with the Sullivan boys, need to shut up.
  • edited September 2016
    Yes, I do realise you aren't necessarily endorsing it, didn't mean it to come across that I thought you were, sorry ;ok

Jackie Gold's statement, imo, is rather stupid, as I indicated earlier.

However, leaving aside whether or not it is actually true, it could be seen as supporting totally different arguments:

eg, The owners want more fans to be able to get tickets because they know how happy it makes them to be able to see West Ham play. ;biggrin

or even

They want to sell the extra tickets to maximise the club's income so that in January they can give an extended contract+pay rise to the new fans' favourite and goal-scoring machine (insert player name here). ;hmm

or even

When all our defenders are crocked in January, we want to be able to afford someone better than Roger the Relegator or Emmanuel Pogatez

I suppose it depends on your starting position/attitude as to which argument you want to make. (not 'you' you, obviously.)

• Absolutely ;ok
  • If you want to be successful in the Premier League then generating massive income seems to be a basic requirement. I think our directors are looking to do that in the best interests of the club. I could be proved wrong though.

• I doubt you will be Dean.
  • Does anyone know if you can get a Guinness or a proper brown beer inside the stadium? I went to the juve game, and had plastic bottled lager, and some draught Amstell. All very nice, but I'm going to the Watford game and would rather not drink euro plonk. ;stout
  • edited September 2016
    Isn't ;stout Euro beer ;hmm

I wonder what will happen to the price of Guinness after Brexit. ;nonono

Oh no ;phew It's a UK company.
  • Mmm, yes, but it's old Europe, I like my Europe with a bit of diddly diddly init ;biggrin
  • ;lol ;nolan

• Owned by Dagieo (sp?) based in Park Royal. ;ok
  • Does anyone know if you can get a Guinness or a proper brown beer inside the stadium? I went to the juve game, and had plastic bottled lager, and some draught Amstell. All very nice, but I'm going to the Watford game and would rather not drink euro plonk. ;stout

They sell West Ham bitter from a micro brewery. It's sold on the inner concourse by Block 146 and presumably at various intervals around the stadium. It's not bad but not the best. ;ok
  • Magic, cheers Herb. I will have a wander round that way.
  • IronHerb said:

Does anyone know if you can get a Guinness or a proper brown beer inside the stadium? I went to the juve game, and had plastic bottled lager, and some draught Amstell. All very nice, but I'm going to the Watford game and would rather not drink euro plonk. ;stout

They sell West Ham bitter from a micro brewery. It's sold on the inner concourse by Block 146 and presumably at various intervals around the stadium. It's not bad but not the best. ;ok
    I've forgotten where I sit it's been so long. ;doh

It's block 136 but there will be others. ;ok
  • Excellent, if you look closely you may spot a wombat and an expat supping. ;beer
  • IronHerb said:

Does anyone know if you can get a Guinness or a proper brown beer inside the stadium? I went to the juve game, and had plastic bottled lager, and some draught Amstell. All very nice, but I'm going to the Watford game and would rather not drink euro plonk. ;stout

I've forgotten where I sit it's been so long. ;doh

I meant block 136 but there will be other outlets. ;ok