I won't stand for this - The thread all about standing at the OS.

Comments

• I saw that clip too - It's on the Stop Hammer Time face book page.

Today I will be writing to the club.

Yours sincerely
    Irate of Woolwich
  • I took one of blokes from work as someone could n't go and he was v impressed with the stadium, I now have the germans at work asking me to get them tickets
  • edited August 2016
    PLF - I don't have a problem with that.

We had a spare ticket at the last minute and our Citeh mate was the first to respond with 'I'll go'.
  • I would rather someone went than an empty seat plus I got to blame him for our defeat ;lol I always ask the West Ham fans in the office first of course
  • Away fans not in their bit.....
    Fans wearing other clubs shirts wandering around.....
    Home fans walking through away fan concourse.....
    People not even showing their ticket to get in......
    Bag checks nowhere near 100%......
    Fighting inside the ground between WHU fans...........
    Fighting inside the ground between WHU and non-WHU fans.....
    Fighting outside the ground between WHU and away fans....
    People who won't sit out of common decency for people behind......
    Seats not where they should be.....
    Seats that didn't exist......
    Seats covered that shouldn't be.....
    AFC, MUFC, CFC, THFC all trying out our new stadium, while thousands of Hammers can't get ST's.......and the club keep taking tenners for people on the list and Members who've got less and less chance of being picked.
    Having to commit to the 100,000 Newham freebies as part of the deal
    Can't get the 60K, let alone 66K certificate

Happy days....

I wonder if Karren will get her bonus?

;hmm
  • Slizzy

So nothing positive?

No one who has gone has had a good word to say about the experience?

It's all doom and gloom?
  • Well the stewards in my block 113 were taking notes on seat numbers that people were standing I was standing but would have sat of the other rows in front sit be interesting to see if they are at the next game or me as I might get dragged in to it and banned and there also was a guy filming the standers as well. I'm waiting for at least a warning letter and not a complete ban because that really isn't fair.
  • edited August 2016
    At the end of the day, if you stand, you risk being banned, regardless of why you are standing.

Best to stay seated during play and if anybody stands in front, politely ask them to sit because you can't see.

There should be nothing wrong with that course of action.

If they kick off, you have their seat number.
  • I have not got in the ground once without be searched and had to use my tickets to get through the barriers . I have been four times now and apart from a few minor gripes about the food concessions have nothing but positive things to say about it. People seem to be obsessing the negatives its a new stadium with new operators and there are teething problems. News stories that say West Ham ground good do not get written because people do not want to hear it they want it to be bad . Go to game and judge for yourself instead of taking opinions of people off the internet as gospel is all I ask you might be pleasantly surprised
  • I confess to standing for the whole game last night. There was a problem in the sale of the tickets, in that mine had been sold twice, although I had my email showing the numbers on them. The very nice stewards asked me if I would mind standing behind the disabled seats where the view was very good and came along every ten minutes to tell me they were still trying to find me a seat and would I mind still standing. The fun bit was watching them eject my fellow standers whilst apologising to me for disturbing my football!
  • Slizzy

So nothing positive?

No one who has gone has had a good word to say about the experience?

It's all doom and gloom?

Grey - not at all, here you go, for a bit of balance.....

Gaps were terrible but have been covered look good
    People seem happy with the drinks/menu and speed they get served
    Seat spacing, leg room decent
    they can get out and back in again for all those ;smoking
    The Atmosphere does sound better than I thought it would
    I love the look of the East Stand KOP, when I go, that's where I want to be
    The pitch looks closer from many locations than I thought it would
    Site lines appear comparable with other big stadiums, which they promised
    It does look more like our "home" than I thought it ever would, good work
    Cheap tickets, can't knock that. People moaned about that before now they're moaning that we've moved to bring "only" 12m a season more ticket revenue ;doh

;ok
  • It is interesting seeing the different cultures.

Over here I see a whole array of club shirts at Toronto FC, i've warn my WHU before. but never see the opposition shirt.

Plenty of kids wearing different shirts.

I've seen some truly awful comments on Social Media about these shirts witnessed last night, this is the tourist piece the club has sold to, the "die hard" WHU fans don't like it, understandable but they're going to have to accept it to a point.

Also last night was the first Newham ticket give away I think? That could of caused a few "neutrals"
  • The seat exchange is up and running again. After they were warned by West Ham regarding the legality of the website they have rewritten it so comply.
    You register your interest in exchanging your ST from a standing to sitting seat or vice versa. Your seat goes on the list which is visible to all but only if you are registered can you make contact with the other ST holder. Once agreed on a swap both then contact West Ham to make it official. That's the gist of it anyway.

http://www.coyi-seatexchange.co.uk

Sense is slowly prevailing, we hope.
  • IH,

But if the stadium owners and managers are still insisting on 'No Standing' what is the point of swapping tickets - or have they now made a concession on this? The reality could be that by allowing the swap, they then identify all those who are going to stand and will make it easier to ID them and cancel their ST's.
  • edited August 2016
    The reality could be that by allowing the swap, they then identify all those who are going to stand and will make it easier to ID them and cancel their ST's
    ;hmm What a cunning plan!!! ;hmm
  • Well, I had to, din't I?
  • SSN are saying that David Gold says that 'the club are exploring a safe standing option at the London Stadium'.
  • He keeps saying that.

I hope this time he is actually talking to the premier league.
  • SSN sources are C&H

EXCLUSIVE: Gold starts safe seating talks
    Posted by Hugh5outhon1895 on September 5, 2016 in News, Whispers

http://www.claretandhugh.info/exclusive-gold-starts-safe-seating-talks/

• Oh. Ok. ;biggrin
  • So,

Karen Brady is telling fans to sit down.

David Gold is telling fans to sit down else we won't get a licence for 60k then 66k.

Jack and David jnr. are openly supporting the standing fans.

Jackie Gold came out yesterday with the 'sit down until we get the 66k then you can do what you want!

David Sullivan has said nothing.

Clear now? ;doh
  • The children really need to be told to put a sock in it ;doh
  • That they do.

They are making the situation worse.

If those standing are banned will the boys get them their season tickets back.
  • Jackie Gold came out yesterday with the 'sit down until we get the 66k then you can do what you want!

They are going to take her CBE away if she keeps on talking sense....
  • edited September 2016
    IronHerb said:

Jackie Gold came out yesterday with the 'sit down until we get the 66k then you can do what you want!

What a stupid thing to say.

Like, they can't reduce the capacity again if we breach the licence conditions. ;doh