I won't stand for this - The thread all about standing at the OS.

Comments

• edited September 2016
    I've long since given up being cross or suprised by what Holt has to say. He's mates with Neil Warnock and spent a lot of his time peddling miss-information about the Tevez affair.
  • Whilst trouble in some areas of the ground has hit the headlines, the vast majority of the ground is great.

Please don't be put off going by a few morons.

My block (203 turnstile A) is full of fans all behaving well and having a fine old time. As are the blocks on either side.
  • It's a shame when people who get paid to inform are badly informed themselves...

• Suz - couldn't agree more - I'm also one of the 'silent majority' of 45,000 or so that are not silent, do sing and shout and enjoy our selves. Contrary to suggestion from some, we are actually Hammers (not closet Chav's or Gooners) and are now able to sit with our friends, kids and grandkids and we are the future of West Ham, the club we love and support. ;ok
  • Grey - sadly it would seem that in football 'journalism and punditry' the aim is no longer to inform but to twist and manipulate the truth to support whatever agenda they, or their paymasters, wish to pursue.
  • Lot of the trouble seems to be near away fans. A few more stewards, a larger gap between home and away and that will go a long way to solving. After surrendering a 2-0 lead fans never going to take being baited at 2-3 very well, not that it's an excuse. Also need a family area and a real look at a safe standing area.
  • I go and I love it. I miss the old place but there are so many positives.

A sensible and simple solution to the away fan problem is to only allow that section behind the goal to away fans. If there are empty seats, so be it. They can open up some more at the top and keep the 54,000.
  • Just had this message from a mate who was there yesterday....".there were 3 fellas in lower tier yesterday right in front of us, wouldn't sit down, just 3 in whole section, had their backs to the game the whole time, singing to & taunting the stewards.....they let em get away with it til just before half time, then they went in & kicked em out, but somehow the stewards were the bad guys, the whole of the Bobby lower were screaming and abusing them. Why were they even there? it certainly wasn't to see the game"

(She sits in the section I mentioned earlier).
  • The away fans are already complaining that they only get 2800 of the stipulated 3000 tickets as the design is such that segregation is not straight forward. If they make a larger gap there will be either ST holders shifted out or a further reduction in the away allocation which would probably be refused by the Premier League.

For every policeman in attendance within the stadium there is a cost which our landlords do not appear, at this stage, want to bear. What the club should do is take it to our landlord and tell them they are not fulfilling the lease in providing a safe and secure environment.

Of course all the idiots should be sitting, end of.
  • edited September 2016
    IronHerb said:

For every policeman police officer in attendance within the stadium there is a cost which our landlords do not appear, at this stage, want to bear. What the club should do is take it to our landlord and tell them they are not fulfilling the lease in providing a safe and secure environment.

Hopefully, that's what this means:
    We are currently undertaking an immediate full review with all stakeholders. This includes police, stadium landlord and operator LS185, who are responsible for appointing and managing stewards and security, to ensure we eradicate such incidents moving forward.

(PS, teensy 'fixed it for ya' in your original post ;wink )
  • http://www.claretandhugh.info/chief-steward-blows-whistle/?

Might not rate the source but it's worth reading. ;ok
  • Contrary to suggestion from some, we are actually Hammers (not closet Chav's or Gooners)

Who has ever suggested you may be?
  • edited September 2016
    Another 10 fans ejected and I believe banned from the stadium by the operators?

Looks like the corners next to BML/East were targeted Saturday and probably correct to do so, they were never standing areas before. Away fan segregation needs to be sorted, thank goodness we didn't play a big club in any of the opening games we got lucky there

Plenty of videos of altercations whether it be fans with stewards or fans on fans, lets hope they get it sorted soon
  • edited September 2016
    Ironduke said:

More fighting apparently erupted not only between rival fans, but Hammers on Hammers! No Police in ground so crowd control ledft to stewards. Club has been warned to get their house in order or be given notice to quit stadium....is there no segregation at the LOS?

Copied from duplicate thread.

Edit: I tried to find a link for the source of this story that West Ham has been officially warned they will be evicted, but the only report that came up (in Southend News) seems to have been deleted from the internet. Anybody got a source?
  • I saw that the other day I think it was a spoof article
  • Half the problem is West Ham let fans break the rules for so long re standing , now they are being enforced people of complaining as they are used to it .
  • I think people need to stop behaving like idiots.
  • MrsGrey said:

Ironduke said:

More fighting apparently erupted not only between rival fans, but Hammers on Hammers! No Police in ground so crowd control ledft to stewards. Club has been warned to get their house in order or be given notice to quit stadium....is there no segregation at the LOS?

Copied from duplicate thread.

Edit: I tried to find a link for the source of this story that West Ham has been officially warned they will be evicted, but the only report that came up (in Southend News) seems to have been deleted from the internet. Anybody got a source?
    A renowned 'make it up as you go along' news outlet who claimed last week that the Dartford Tunnel would be closed for the foreseeable future as there was not enough oxygen in the tunnel to support life should someone get out of their car.
  • Aah! But the Dartford Tunnel was closed for several hours over the weekend due to a power cut. Safety concerns were the reason given. No working fans means no fresh air maybe?
  • edited September 2016
    The Southend News Network, a bit like The Onion or Wunderground. They are all satirical/spoof sites.

http://southendnewsnetwork.com/
  • All council tenants must abide by a strict code of conduct at all times, and a number of their neighbours have complained about fighting, swearing and Dick Van Dyke Mary Poppins-style chimney sweep dancing over the last few hours – this will not be tolerated.’

;lol ;lol
  • Half the problem is West Ham let fans break the rules for so long re standing , now they are being enforced people of complaining as they are used to it .

No it really isn't, every club has its section of standers and every club allows aways to stand.

What is wrong is putting people in the wrong parts of the ground and those said people acting like idiots thinking they can still stand in non recorgnised standing areas
  • But under PL rules standing has always been banned just because people have stood before it does n't mean they were right at our club or others
  • What these morons don't seem to realise is that they're preventing the club expanding the capacity to 66,000. This season was meant to be 60,000 but was restricted to 57,000 and if the current situation continues I can see it being reduced further and further.
    We are currently becoming a laughing stock and fans of other clubs ridiculing us about our shiny new stadium that we are making an absolute mess of.
    Do these idiots stand when they're watching football on the tele at home?
  • Totally agree. I think we should all write letters to all the fans.

CALLING ALL WEST HAM FANS, YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU.

***Insert claret and blue poster here with man pointing finger***

Dear supporter,

Everyone who supports West Ham, loves the club, loves good football and loves the east end.

We have a great fan base, one of the best in the world. Whether people are fans of West Ham or not, everyone will admit, we are some of the most passionate fans in the world.

However it is our (the fans) time to really demonstrate our true love for the club. Our club needs us! Please don't take this to mean that we aren't already doing a great job, however this is one of those times we need to go further than just being a devoted fan. Wearing the shirt, buying the ticket and making noise doesn't make us great fans, after all it's what the average fan does. No, to really make us great fans is to go further. It is for example to clear the snow from a pitch before kick off so your team can play. It is to do something more for the club which is a true sacrifice to oneself.

Some people may not see this as a sacrifice, however for some I understand it is. Please please please for the sake of our club, come together. Trust our Chairmen, when they say they are trying to get safe standing introduced. Listen to the online posts when they are asking for us to sit until capacity is increased. Please stop trying to second guess them.

The owners of our club have done an incredible amount in a short space of time. Saved the club, moved ground, attracted a top manager with top players. Let's not berate them but offer our services. Are we the ones that should really be stopping our club from growing? Stop our club from becoming a footballing powerhouse? When we ask our players for more from the sidelines, we expect it. How can we expect them to give us more if we the real patrons of the club won't even do what is needed of us. How can anyone complain about a player being lazy when we wont even make the simple sacrifice that is being asked for us.

West Ham fans. Please think with your heart and your head. Let's get the 66,000 seater stadium, let's get the safe standing sections, let's trust our owners and for once let us be the ones truly delivering, for the benefit of our beloved club.

I'd like for us to demonstrate our love for this great club by sitting throughout our game against Accrington Stanley, standing only when welcoming the players and scoring. What a way to show the world we are united.

Sweepy