I won't stand for this - The thread all about standing at the OS.

Comments

• Seems there may be an echo in here ;puzzled
  • Or was it Gekho ;hmm
  • Gordon? Where did I put my red braces, lunch is for wimps.

Ooh, I went all yuppy there for a minute.
  • edited September 2016
    Once spent 6 weeks in Liverpool.

When a paper seller shouted 'Echo' you were almost guaranteed to hear 'echo' 'echo' 'echo' from someone. Often, it was me.
  • edited September 2016
    Ooh, I bet they laffed.
  • I know I did...
  • Yeah, scousers are all natural comedians or so they keep telling us.....
    IronHerb said:

They sell West Ham bitter from a micro brewery. It's sold on the inner concourse by Block 146 and presumably at various intervals around the stadium. It's not bad but not the best. ;ok

Any idea which micro-brewery is making Iron Ale and Boleyn Bitter as I've asked around the brewery folk and no one seems to know.

Does anyone know if you can get a Guinness or a proper brown beer inside the stadium? I went to the juve game, and had plastic bottled lager, and some draught Amstell. All very nice, but I'm going to the Watford game and would rather not drink euro plonk. ;stout

Hardly likely you'll be able to get Guinness as the Stadium signed a deal with Heineken, they own Murphy's stout (brewed in Tadcaster along with John Smith's and Newcastle Brown) so you might be able to get a pint of that.
  • Fans where ejected today, from the section next to the BML on the east side.

Stand up if you love West Ham started up but very few joined in and very few did.
  • So sad, think that all started just after our second goal?

So North East corner lower fans were ejected I'm assuming because of complaints? Yet BML, STBL and away fans were allowed to stand with no problems?

Is it just me or is it just as simple as a ticket swap system ?
  • also ejected in east stand ,corner with STB stand,punch ups in that area and my stand the STB upper,apparently a five year old was given a load of expletives after moaning that they couldn`t see followed by the dad taking his own retribution To be honest i couldn`t concentrate fully on the match due to the incidents in the seats,when their fourth went in upped and left.........today left a rather bad taste in my mouth,hope it improves.
  • Slizzy

It looks to me like the stewards are targeting areas where some stand and some sit, leaving alone those areas (BML TBL ChavCorner) where everyone stands.
  • edited September 2016
    Not nice to hear of punch ups between fans Bert.
  • it also looks like fans are standing in areas where they didn't used to ;hmm
  • Suz,totally agree about targeting areas.Also on the way out fans were surrounding police and almost begging them to get in there and sort it out,they called the stewards heavy handed muppets.A policewoman replied that they can monitor outside but the stadium owners haven`t requested the match day presence of the old bill inside,presumably due to the fact that it`s not taxpayer funded,jesus,just wait till the spuds and chelsea get here.
  • Bert, the away end in my opinion is ill equipped to deal with Spurs or Chelsea, they struggled today with Watford.
  • i sit 3 blocks from the away fans and they didn`t just struggle,they couldn`t cope.
  • Well I won't be taking my boy in fact I doubt I will attend any games until this is sorted out. That's assuming it can be. Starting to regret getting my membership.
  • And so losing the next generation.

They need to sort it.

Keep ejecting the disruptive fans, and give their season tickets to someone on the waiting list ;ok
  • I`m actually starting to regret this move,i was so in favour of it,but so far the negatives far out way the positives, watching the decline in my sons enthusiasm from the Juve Friendly to today a case in point
  • If this carries on I'm not going anymore I couldn't make it today but I'm not going to a game where you spend more time looking at fights breaking out and our fans at each other's throats no thanks such a shame this is happening but if I don't feel safe no way am I going to that stadium.
  • Just seen this this just can't carry on image
  • edited September 2016
    Club statement:

We are currently undertaking an immediate full review with all stakeholders. This includes police, stadium landlord and operator LS185, who are responsible for appointing and managing stewards and security, to ensure we eradicate such incidents moving forward.

Our policy ...remains one of zero tolerance and we will work with the police and other stakeholders to identify the individuals involved. ... they will be banned from attending any West Ham United fixture for life
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/September/10-September/Club-Statement#UgkdC0fEhJoIpgT2.99
  • Joke on and off the field it seems. What is this club coming to when fans are hitting each other.

Would be interesting to know where they were located at UP, my money is an old "accepted" standing area
  • Just seen this this just can't carry on image

It actually appears to be getting worse.....

Reports that some WHU fans were allowed to exit through the Watford areas as well.

I can only think that the lack of policing around / inside is down in part to cost for the stadium operators, they seem to think they can get away with the cheaper steward option. There will be carnage if they don't sort this out before a big game.

The stewards are trying to do a job that they're not set up to do properly. Not taking the majority of ex UP WHU stewards appears to be a big mistake and assigning the ones that did go to the wrong areas is another problem.

Hopefully the club get it sorted but Brady better not utter another word on this being the best migration to a world class stadium, it looks like and absolute shambles TBH
  • edited September 2016

Regarding the banning of fans, I don't know if it's true or not, but someone appears to think they have some information.

Turns out it was well over 30 fans who've been banned for up to 2 years, for various "offences" including Foul and Abusive language as well as Racial language. Again I don't know for sure, but it could be that was a result of conflicts with the stewards when they were being asked/told to sit down and then subsequently ejected.

There could be more on the way and letters were going out from the club.

Statement from the club:
    We can report that following the match against AFC Bournemouth, the Club revoked the Season Tickets of a number of individuals who not only engaged in persistent standing throughout the match but were also abusive to West Ham supporters who were asking them to sit down. The offenders have been banned from the Stadium for the rest of the season.

Would be interesting to know where they were located at UP, my money is an old "accepted" standing area

I sit in the west upper over looking the retractable seating of the BML, fans stand now, fans stood at UP. As far as I can tell from mates in there no attempt has been made to get them to sit down. This is the same in the retractable seating of the TBL / away end.

Chav corner stood at UP, what I think is the the equivalent in the OS also seams to be a standing area. Some attempts have been made to get them to sit but not yesterday as far as I could tell. There is a clear line though where the standing stops and the sitting starts and in the main seams to have sorted itself out.

The one area I am not sure of is directly in front of me which is the bottom corner of the east stand, at UP this would have been the end of the chicken run where it met the BML. They sat down at UP park but it was one of the areas yesterday where fans were removed as some stood whilst other sat.
  • Poor journalism this morning on Sunday Supplement. Ollie Holt stating that it's a shame when teams move to new stadiums and can't fill them. He said the covers on the seats were to hide the empty seats.

There has been so much in the press about the fact there are 66,000 seats in the OS and we want to get permission to fill it but whilst there is standing and fighting we will not get permission for higher attendances. It gets to me that people still want to see that we will never fill it.