I won't stand for this - The thread all about standing at the OS.

Comments

• Trouble is those people who insist on standing regardless may be doing so because sitting causes pressure on their brains because that is obviously where they are.
    If this continues I can easily see the safety committee reducing the capacity certificate even more or maybe closing a section of the ground altogether.
    The organisation running the stadium is not West Ham and blaming the club for what's happening is just plain stupid.
    Would these people insist on standing if they went to a cinema or the theatre? Forget the theatre bit as I should imagine they won't know what that is.
  • Theatre is where you go for surgery, right? ;wink
  • Good suggestion. Lobotomies would be a good idea but the search fees would be prohibitive.
  • edited August 2016
    They do have those teeny tiny cameras now, though ;ok
  • As I've said AdMe I think this is a bit of a cod's up by the club.

My mun told me last night that one of the women in her yoga class - an Arsenal season ticket holder - got her and her husband a West Ham season ticket so they could 'see what it was like'.

My mum hoped for her sake she 'wasn't sitting anywhere near her daughter & SiL'.

IMO This is the tip of the iceberg, I've been reading quite a few forums and blogs lately, the number of people who are posting experiences of witnessing "other" fans at the stadium is a little alarming (I have no reason to doubt them or think they're just making it up). when you think about it, that's a huge jump to go from 26K all time record ST numbers to 52K in just a matter of months, regardless of the family/decent pricing and others who may of got their first ST ever or in a while.

• Regarding the banning of fans, I don't know if it's true or not, but someone appears to think they have some information.

Turns out it was well over 30 fans who've been banned for up to 2 years, for various "offences" including Foul and Abusive language as well as Racial language. Again I don't know for sure, but it could be that was a result of conflicts with the stewards when they were being asked/told to sit down and then subsequently ejected.

There could be more on the way and letters were going out from the club.

• If the foul, abusive, racist language is true then I hope they are banned.
  • Stood for the whole game Sunday as did the whole BmL ☺️
    Stewards mostly left alone unless isolated group stood in front of people in other parts of stadium, saw one person ejected for that reason which caused a bit of handbags.

Interesting to see if stewarding more or less strict in coming weeks!

Coyi
  • edited August 2016
    West Ham United Unofficial Season Ticket Seat Exchange

http://www.westham-seatexchange.co.uk/

Broke the rules !
  • ;lol It's like folks putting stuff up on youtube that breaches copyright and thinking that if they say 'I do not own the copyright to this' it makes it ok. ;doh

Yeah, because we weren't given much of a choice. Stand or don't watch the game we paid for.
    Stewards mostly left alone unless isolated group stood in front of people in other parts of stadium, saw one person ejected for that reason which caused a bit of handbags.

Interesting to see if stewarding more or less strict in coming weeks!

Coyi

They made a note of every seat number where a fan was standing.
  • They have your number......
  • Yea because they're going to ban 5000 people ... Think I'll be alright ;wahoo
  • They don't need to ban 5000. They might just ban you ;nonono
  • So Ali, everything we've mentioned about how standing is inconsiderate, you don't care? Stuff everyone that can't see? Can't stand for long periods?
  • They will - imo - make 'an example' out of a hand full of fans.

• edited August 2016
    Nope but most on here can't seem to have reasoned discussion so I won't bother either. And only a Few certain parts of stadium are traditional standing areas so loads of other places to sit
  • edited August 2016
    I dont think you can sit anywhere you want Ali ;hmm
  • Ali, got my tickets randomly allocated in the ballot. Where's my choice to sit?
  • Going round in circles a bit again I feel for you .. But think an issue created by the club... And in my block those who wanted to sit were swapping with people in the front few rows so they could still see , and most were very cooperative , so that worked well.

Unfortunate that people are randomly Allocated to areas where the vast majority stand but also unfair to expect a stand where vast majority want to stand to have to sit...
  • Traditional standing XD this isn't the Boleyn anymore.
  • Wish it was ... Less moaning
  • yeah and supposedly a better atmosphere standing maybe the east stand should have shouted back "where were you the last 10 years" because the Boleyn atmosphere has been dead that long lol. ;lol
  • You do realise people were chanting at the stewards not the east stand
  • from what I was told by a lot of people it wasn't, was even told a few people in that stand who had been ST Holders for 30 40 years felt disgusted about it.
  • 100% a misunderstanding becUse it started near me directed at stewards for trying to eject people in east stand. Unaceptable if people were directing it towards our own but certainly around me was directed at stewards
  • from what I was told by a lot of people it wasn't, was even told a few people in that stand who had been ST Holders for 30 40 years felt disgusted about it.

^^ this

I was told the same.
  • The chant was "Where were you at Upton Park" so not sure how that was aimed at the stewards who we all know are new and employed by Vinci. ;hmm
  • Yea exactly saying where were all the stewards being busy when people stood up the whole time at upton park ? Don't think as many fans as you think are that clued up on who employs the stewards to be honest