Euro 2024

Comments

• alderz said:

Because what's the point in having a team to represent the country if the people representing it aren't from that country. IMO it completely undermines the purpose of international football.

I think that ship sailed sometime ago tbh.
    steve said:

As long as the players are English even if there by some long lost great great great grandfather of africa .Then i dont care if the manager is from anywhere if he gets the job done ,But that could be just me

Do you reckon you could handle the pressure though?πŸ˜‰

• Chaos in the Turkish defence
    Portugal πŸ‡΅πŸ‡Ή 2 up πŸ™ŒπŸ»
  • 6 OG’s in this tourney so far 🀯
  • edited June 22
    Southgate got us to the final of the Euros, the semis and the quarters of the World Cup, other than Alf Ramsey there isn't an England manager with a better record

Paqueta is in the Brazil squad and Alvarez the Mexican squad for the Copa which kicked off last night with Argentina beating Canada 2-0

Vamos, Planchas!!!
  • HOOF!

Bosh.
  • IronHerb said:

Because he had a Dutch player in the way. If he even tries to reach that ball he risks a red card and a penalty.
    It is similar to Areola in the game against Wolves (?) last season,only even more obvious. Correct decision in my eyes and the German comms had a ref on board who immediately said the same thing, too.

But if you look at the keepers feet when the shot was struck they were not in a position to launch a dive. Also the keeper didn't seem to complain.
    But the keeper's feet don't matter to the rules. They don't give offsides based on what the keeper could have saved or whether the defender would have caught up again.
    I am quite happy with the standard of VAR in this tournament and even if I was surprised by the time it took to reach a verdict I think the result is correct. I would have been royally annoyed had that goal counted against West Ham or England.
  • Group E is fun, Belgium, Romania, Slovakia and Ukraine all on 3pts
  • Scotland on there way home =)
  • Luckily, most of them know where it is πŸ˜—
  • Italy go through with the final kick of the game. Heartbreak for Croatia who probably go out now.
    And that goal also guarantees that England progresses into the last 16.
  • Sorry if this sounds unpatriotic, but there is a part of me that wants Slovenia to win. Teach England a lesson for their boring, uninspiring play.
  • I do know what you mean but I just couldn't, unless England losing meant Spurs getting relegated.
  • The corner taking in these Euros has been awful. Every match I’ve seen they never seem to get past the first defender.
  • I still can't believe Southgate hasn't sorted out the left side of our team out.
  • Guess after the Dutch game I now have to sit and watch the England game .Told my dog who has now fallen asleep .Perhaps he knows something =)
  • I'm starting to get the head nods.
  • Foden and Bellingham are about as good together as Gerrard and Lampard. If one plays well the others anonymous
  • Sideways, backwards, sideways, ooh goal, no, offside….sideway,,,
  • So this is the crab formation.

Think the spelling of crab needs checking πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
  • When you look at the team, we should be doing better, but how often has that been the case?

All the front 4 play for teams that dominate possession and have had good if not great seasons, but suddenly for England they seem pedestrian in their play.

Against lesser opposition we should have Bellingham back alongside Rice, and then Foden central flanked by Saka (and later Bowen) and Gordon (or possibly Eze).

Think the spelling of crab needs checking πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
    I didn't want to get modded again hahaha
  • this should be the group of death ............ours for watching it
  • edited June 25
    Eze is there because of certain qualities. Palmer bang in form. Why can't both come on and make things better please. Just asking.
  • This group should have been sponsored by Nytol.
  • Palmer showing how to attack n be insisive
  • Why bring on Arnold? We need wingers to run past the fullbacks.
  • Awful performance
  • How can a team with such attacking talent only score 2 goals in this group?
  • That was very painful to watch. I don't even know if Southgate is just clueless or stubborn?