Euro 2024

Comments

• Been some wonderful games so far , I think Turkey-Georgia was the best of a great bunch.
    Super game of football.
  • Andros Townsend has just given me a more annoying turn of phrase than my usual favourite
    “At this moment in Time”. If he says “He’s given the goalkeeper the eyes” once more I’ll put my boot through the tv. You’ve got a 6ft 4” forward bearing down on you with the ball at his feet of course you’ll be gazing into his eyes to see what he’s thinking of doing with it.
  • Shearer on commentary again for the England match, I hope he's not going to be Trenting again.
  • Kane scores after Walker catches their defender napping.
  • If only England had less players that I dislike .Pickford ,Kane .did I say Pickford =)
  • How was Pickford beaten from there? It's a good strike, but really?
  • Pick ford should have saved that
  • Denmark throw-in leads to a goal, now where have we seen that before?
  • Can you imagine what Pep could do with these players.
  • I can’t see why Pickford would get any blame there. It’s in off the post, through bodies.
  • How long before Bowen comes on to save this sorry lot =)
  • Is TAA actually playing?
  • So frustrating
    The amount of attacking talent out there.. and on the bench
    But always sit back after taking the lead
  • Declan having a bit of a mare.
  • Has Bellingham been taking falling down lessons from Paqueta?
  • edited June 20
    1-1 FT. It's like watching West Ham playing a lower league team.
  • edited June 20
    Positives
    Gareth won’t be in Charge next tournament
  • Ravel49 said:

Positives
    Gareth won’t be in Charge next tournament

Potter will be, and we still won’t score :)
  • IMO it was such an average performance...Underwhelming.....Being polite....
  • 1-1 FT. It's like watching West Ham playing a lower league team.

I said the same, like watching us on downers !!!
  • IMO it was such an average performance...Underwhelming.....Being polite....

I really hope that’s not our average!
  • alderz said:

IMO it was such an average performance...Underwhelming.....Being polite....

I really hope that’s not our average!
    The high volume alcohol softened the reality!!!
  • A bright start take the lead and then retreat. It just doesn't make sense as we have the players to keep them pressed back. That is such a talented squad but sadly a manager more concerned with not making a mistake than allowing those players to express themselves fully. We should be taking the match to every team. It was like watching City get pressed back by Championship side. I doubt any of their players would get anywhere near our starting eleven, Hojlund probably a subs appearance.
  • Anyone surprised by how fast Scamacca just ran?
  • edited June 20
    'Out'gate.... I've never liked him as manager and I also don't see what he brings to the setup. Surely there are managers out there that would get appreciably more out of these players.
  • Also, Palmer.... Form player of the season (or definitely one of them). No minutes. I don't particularly want to single out just one player but Saka for Arsenal uses his pace and skills to take people on and commit them. It seemed to me that most of the time he received the ball he cut back and laid the ball off. Is it just because it's England?
  • 5 own goals in 18 games. Does that seem a lot?

Serbia have threatened to withdraw from Euro 2024 over anti-Serbian chanting by both sets of fans during the Croatia v Albania match on Wednesday

Serbia were fined after fans threw objects on the pitch, chanted "“Kosovo is the heart of Serbia” and displayed a banner showing Kosovo as part of Serbia during the match against England on Sunday

A Kosovan journalist has been kicked out of Euro 2024 for making an "Albanian eagle" hand gesture in response to the Serbian fans (Kosovan population 92% ethnic Albanian)

Serbian FA General Secretary Jovan Surbatovic said "We were punished for isolated cases and our fans behave much better than the others. We Serbs are gentlemen and we have an open heart, so I appeal to the fans to remain gentlemen.”

A new definition of the word "gentlemen"?
  • After that mess yesterday I’m still telling myself that it’s tournament football and we will improve.
    A man can hope.
  • Tactically inept from Southgate as per, has 0 ability to change the way a game is going

Think Rice needs to be deployed as B2B guy, he's isn't a Rodri he can't play this slow tempo football and dictate the play. Maybe put Wharton or Mainoo in as the DM, have Rice and Bellingham either side as B2B guys, but also you'd want Foden as a #10 which isn't possible with a midfield 3

Gareth needs to sort it, don't think he's good enough to do it though, he has no tactical nuances or imagination. It's plan A and if plan A stops working, we'll tough, it's not gonna change
  • I do think Pep’s robot football is partly to blame for Foden’s inability to replicate at international level. The same thing has happened to Grealish.

They play in a team that is full of players exactly like them and are all interchangeable, and they play in such a unique way. It’s no surprise to me they can’t play at the same level when they come into the England setup.