Euro 2024

Comments

• I watched the Great British Sewing Bee.

Just clicked here to see the final score. Can't believe it was 0-0

I had more fun with Patrick, Esme and Kiell.
  • Wonder if Canada has sewing bee.will have to look that up,When do England play again =)
  • How can a team with such attacking talent only score 2 goals in this group?

One more than France though.
  • It's going to get tougher now but I think Gareth will bring his experience into play and his time at Middleborough in 2009 will stand him in good stead.
  • He’s Moyesesq
  • Has to be said, Declan Rice has been very below par, a shadow of his usual self IMO… Then again, has anyone really impressed….

We’ve finished top of the group somehow, but will need to step it up to progress.

Watching England these days is a dull watch.

@Mrs Grey, we get the Sewing Bee out here, but probably a series or two behind UK 👍🏻🪡🧵📍
  • England get 3rd place Group D, Holland, or 3rd Group E, Belgium, Romania, Slovakia or Ukraine

I lost respect for Lewandowski after that penalty run-up (or those run-ups), glad Poland went out but amused that Austria topped the Group
  • Cycling along the Elbe in Czech Republic with wife and granddaughter (10 yr). Atm watching Czechia v Turkey in our hotel bar wearing my West Ham shirt. Reminded the locals of who Soucek & Coufal play for, also Repka.
    Still waiting for the free beer! =)
  • Ridiculous red card for Czech player but only yellow for Turkish player for a worse foul.
  • But it was 2 yellows
  • As it stands, at 57 minutes, we are facing Georgia or Slovakia in the next round.
  • Slovakia it is then.
  • Oh joy =)
  • Our Czech boys are going home but on the bright side they came through without injuries.
  • So Phil Foden is about to be a father for the third time. 🤔 He still looks like a school truant to me 😁
  • edited June 27
    Watching the highlights of Georgia v Portugal and saw this flag

Apparently its a small town 100km south west of where the match was played
  • edited June 27
    I was wondering why Belgium were playing in blue shirts and brown shorts

• So Phil Foden is about to be a father for the third time. 🤔 He still looks like a school truant to me 😁

Must admit, I thought the same thing. He is 24, but certainly looks younger to me. Mind you, most people look younger to me these days 🤔🤔🤔.
  • Somebody up there likes us

If we beat Slovakia we get either Italy or Switzerland. If we win that game we get Austria, Holland, Romania or Turkey. Of those Switzerland and Austria have looked the form teams

We’ve avoided Spain, Germany, France and Portugal
  • Yup and if we do all that and go on to win it just wait for “ Yeah but” from the keyboard managers.
  • We have had to endure SLO-VENIA against SLOW-ENGLAND next up it's SLO-VAKIA hopefully against FASTER-ENGLAND =)
  • So on the face of it a potentially easier run-in than we could have got. Every chance of doing well.
    What could possibly go wrong. =)

• England fans preparing for the next match.
  • Thing that’s baffled me most is that when foreign players come to the PL managers always say they need to acclimatise to the speed and physicality of the league and gradually bed them in.
    When it comes to a competition England, made up mostly of PL players, are one of the slowest and pedestrian teams in it.
  • edited June 29
    So with Italy out our side of the draw to the final includes

Switzerland
    Romania
    Holland
    Austria
    Turkey
    Slovakia

If Germany found themselves with that luck people would say it was rigged!

I am not sure if one player from the whole list of those teams would get into our first eleven with exception of Van Dijk.

What could go wrong?

• plenty =)
  • So with Italy out our side of the draw to the final includes

Switzerland
    Romania
    Holland
    Austria
    Turkey
    Slovakia

If Germany found themselves with that luck people would say it was rigged!

Thing is though, that Germany could have been in this side of the draw but for that injury time equaliser. They brought in on themselves.
  • Austria and Switzerland would take some beating if we get to meet them.
  • The issue is our level of play, energy and fear, not any of the other teams in that draw. It's both frustrating and annoying that we seem to play at a poor level. Now when have I felt this before... Possibly all my life! Is it the league season taking all the umppphh out of our players?

• Austria and Switzerland would take some beating if we get to meet them.

This is probably going to be true, but it shouldn't be. If not one player from the Austrian or Swiss sides would get into our first eleven and likely not the squad itself why would they beat us? better motivated? better tactics? better managed?

I would see either of these fixtures like City playing a championship side in which no player would get into the City side, but were that match happening no one would be saying this is going to be tough for City, most would just assume a City victory as the players would assert their superiority. Ours don't seem to do so. I do see Southgate as the weak link as just as our players would walk into those sides I don't see many, if any, of them putting him on the short list for their managers job. In my view the quality of the players at his disposal masks the fact he is a poor manager.