Euro 2024

Thought I'd open a thread for the main tournament, and we can include the friendlies in it.

Bowen starts this evening against Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Pickford, Trippier, Konsa, Gallagher, Dunk, Guehi, Palmer, Alexander-Arnold, Watkins, Eze, Bowen.

Subs: Gomez, Ramsdale, Branthwaite, Quansah, Rice, Toney, Grealish, Maddison, Kane, Jones, Henderson, Wharton, Trafford
Β«13456718

Comments

• Not a great half of football tbh, 0-0 at half time.

A couple of poor passes from Bowen, although he had a shot (albeit a not particularly powerful one and a straightforward save) just before the break.
  • edited June 3
    After 20 mins I decided to paint a door handle and watch it dry =)
  • edited June 3
    A better second half, England winning 3-0 as we go into injury time. Bowen very unlucky not to score; Konsa blocked it just over a yard out as it was goalbound (Kane slotted the rebound for the third goal). A much better second half performance all round; Bowen was definitely brighter after half time so hopefully he's done enough to make the final cut which will be made on Saturday I think, following the match against Iceland on Friday.
  • Southgate must go.

Just starting the old ball rolling there for ya.πŸ‘
  • I hope Eze goes. I've always liked him. The new boy Wharton? Someone who could potentially play alongside RIce?

oh yeah and Southgate out!
  • Eze is the new golden boy, but for all his tricks and dribbles he only created on clear goal chance. Bowen, despite being ignored by Konsa in the first half, created four chances for others and had three shots, the last of which led to a goal. Pesky facts.
  • edited June 6
    Have just noticed there's already a Euro 2024 thread (Euro24, started by alderz); would one of you kind mod people care to close this thread and add the posts to the original thread please?
  • This one’s been used more decently so I’ve closed the old one
  • The other one had squad discussions though.........
  • Maguire doesn't make the final 26 πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
  • Nor does Grealish
  • Looks like Bowen has made it .Real happy for him
  • The other one had squad discussions though.........

For some reason you can't merge threads anymore, annoyingly
  • alderz said:

The other one had squad discussions though.........

Now you're really making me feeling guilty for starting the new thread πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”.
  • alderz said:

Now you're really making me feeling guilty for starting the new thread πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”.
    You can always pay your penance by joining the Euro and Annual Predictor Leagues =)
  • alderz said:

It's on the list of things to fix :-)

Apologies that I haven't been progressing these as quickly as I might have done.

Today we have implemented a colour change to try to make the desktop version more readable, after some people said they found it a challenge.

Feel free to give feedback ( if you notice anything)
  • alderz said:

You can always pay your penance by joining the Euro and Annual Predictor Leagues =)
    I'm in already 😊😊😊.
  • Why four keepers?
  • edited June 6
    Would have put Branthwaite in over Dunk.

Dunk is not good enough.
  • Lukerz said:

Why four keepers?

Not sure I understand, we're only taking 3; Trafford, as expected, didn't make the cut.
  • Oh yeah…
  • Very pleased for Bowen. In Saka and Palmer he has very strong competition for minutes. Our forward and wide places have really good players vying for them!

I'd like Foden, Bellingham and RIce in the middle. Eze, Kane plus Saka in front of them and that sees no room for Palmer or Bowen. However, with 5 subs and hopefully plenty of games, we really do have so hot options

(Currently I'm ignoring defence but happy Maguire misses out!)
  • edited June 6
    https://team-picker.files.bbci.co.uk/fts1715171844-66acfe84-9785-4a5d-85ad-4b2950e50f47.html

(Pickford Walker Stones Gueri Gomes - Bellingham Rice Foden - Saka Kane Eze)
  • Luke Shaw is the only out-and-out left back in the squad, he's currently injured so our LB options are Joe Gomez or Kieran Trippier

Never thought I'd be praying for Luke Shaw's hamstrings!
  • Chilwells regression doesn't help. I do think Gomez has done well there this season though. He fact that he can play across the back line is a plus too (his injury record isn't the best though either)
  • Chilwell hasn't regressed, he's just always injured! Just 13 starts last season with 8 substitute appearances. Has played 13 minutes since the beginning of March
  • They lose to Iceland. Glad Bowen wasn’t involved in this one.
  • A pretty uninspiring display from what I saw of it; I had it on in the background rather than intensely watching it. Can't help feeling that Ramsdale shoulda done better with the goal, and probably Stones a bit as well.
  • What do they expect ,Don't play Bowen your going to lose =)
  • So far 3-0 Germany and a Scots red card.