The Big Europa League Adventure

Comments

• This BAU at this stage of the competition. You'd better get used to it. πŸ˜‚

COYI
  • That asked a question to the ex Sevilla player and his response was on fast forward hahaha
  • In the CL Chelsea got Real, Liverpool v Benfica and Athletico v City In the semis it could be City v Chelsea.

Just checked my β€œ bovvered β€œ bag- nope, empty.

• West Ham Utd vr Olympique Lyonnaise
  • Lyon. And first leg at home. Tough draw.
  • Could have been worse
  • Wanted 2nd leg at home
  • then Barca in the semi if we get through
  • at home in both if we make it
  • Good quarter final but poor luck in the semi draw!
  • A European semi-final of West ham vs Eintracht Frankfurt πŸ€”
    I've heard of that one before πŸ˜‰πŸ»
  • I'll take that. Lyon are well beatable.

COYI
  • Still cannot believe I’ve just watched a European quarter final draw in which I had a genuine interest, because our club was involved. I’ll keep enjoying the ride until I wake up!
    βš’
  • edited March 2022
    Quarter Finals

Rb Leipzig vs Atalanta
    Sporting Braga vs Rangers
    Eintracht Frankfurt v FC Barcelona
    West Ham United vs Lyon

Semi Finals

Rb Leipzig vs Atalanta vs Sporting Braga vs Rangers
    West Ham United vs Lyon vs Eintracht Frankfurt v FC Barcelona
  • Sporting Braga v West Ham
    Barcalona v Atalanta
    Lyon v Frankfurt
    Rangers v Leipzig

my prediction

Don't tell us your Lottery numbers. 😁
  • i already won Β£30 in the lottery last week
  • Lyon. And first leg at home. Tough draw.

The Freddie Kanoute Derby
  • The Alou Diarra Derby
  • Just out of interest - what do our exploits to to our European coefficient? Will this year add a big lump or is it rather neglectable?
  • Got my ticket for Lyon game already on sale to season ticket holders they did not hang around
  • Just out of interest - what do our exploits to to our European coefficient? Will this year add a big lump or is it rather neglectable?

We have acquired a coefficient of 14 points this season. We entered the Europa on the National Coefficient of 20.113.

The coefficient of a club is calculated by adding the total number of points it obtains in a given season in the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and UEFA Europa Conference League.

A club's five-season coefficient is the cumulative total of the previous five seasons' coefficients, or 20% of its association's five-season association coefficient, whichever is higher.

Points awarded each season are in accordance with the relevant competition regulations for that specific season, so the following apply only to the awarding of points in the 2021/22 season.

Points are awarded as follows:

UEFA Champions League points
    2 – All wins from group stage onwards
    1 – All draws from group stage onwards
    4 – Group stage bonus participation
    4 – Round of 16 bonus participation
    1 – Each round clubs reach from the round of 16

Points are not awarded for elimination in qualifying, since those clubs move to the UEFA Europa League and may be awarded points for participation in that competition or the UEFA Conference League.

UEFA Europa League points
    2 – All wins from group stage onwards (except knockout round play-offs)
    1 – All draws from group stage onwards (except knockout round play-offs)
    4 – Group winners
    2 – Group runners-up
    1 – Each round clubs reach from the round of 16

All teams are guaranteed a minimum 3 points in the UEFA Europa League group stage (not added to points actually obtained). Points are not awarded for elimination in qualifying, since those clubs move to the UEFA Europa Conference League and may be awarded points for participation in that competition.
  • Amazing facting.
  • The first paragraph was mine, the rest is off the UEFA website. 😏
  • Amazing plagiarising, then
    :-)
  • Krallelujah, that’s some good facting
  • alderz said:

Krallelujah, that’s some good facting

Too soon.
  • alderz said:

Krallelujah, that’s some good facting

• Joe Cole is doing the draw

Bad omen! Didn't a Sevilla great do the last draw? And now look where Sevilla are. 🀐
    Luckily Joe Cole isnt a West Ham great! He was a lad with massive promise who never quite fulfilled the hype and then quickly jumped ship to Chelsea! Def not a great for me
  • Maybe a bit harsh Baz. Joe does seem to be West Ham as opposed to the likes of Rio and Frank who clearly didn't see themselves as West Ham after moving. I seem to recall reading about Joe at Chelsea and one player remarking that as soon as he got back in the dressing room after the final whistle he wanted to find out how West Ham got on.

I agree he didn't realise his potential with us but he may well have done had we not got relegated as someone of his talent and value was never going to play Championship football. He played 126 times for us and came up through the academy, he may not have achieved his potential with us but when I think of great players we have been lucky to see in a West Ham shirt Joe Cole is definitely one of them.
  • edited March 2022
    I'm not knocking Joe and I agree he's 'West Ham'. At the time I just didnt want the Seville great, West Ham great to jinx us ;)

I totally appreciate the difference between him, Rio Ferdinand and Frank Lampard.

I can understand that Frank isn't (because of what happened with his Dad and Harry plus he was not treated well by the crowds)

However, Rio Ferdinands allegiance with Man Utd actually sickens me considering where he comes from. Then again, I dont resonate particularly well with people who are thick or have voices that make then sound so, or both :)
This discussion has been closed.