The Big Europa League Adventure

Comments

• This run must be good for our coefficient, too.
  • Rangers have done well

Knocked out of the Champions League by Malmo, finished 2nd in Group A to Lyon, beat Borussia Dortmund, Red Star Belgrade and Braga to reach the semis

Would be a right giggle if they could turnover RB Leipzig to meet us in the final
  • I’m trying to buy 2 tickets for the home leg of the semis (open to season ticket holders) but I just keep going round in circles on the official site. Anyone manage to purchase tickets yet?
  • This run must be good for our coefficient, too.

Clubs use the higher figure of their national or individual coefficient. We entered under the national at around 21.5 as ours was about 5. We have an individual score of 18 but not sure if last night has been added in (2 pts). As we proceed we will get 2 points per win so by winning the Europa we could end the season on 24/26. But winning means direct qualification into the Champions League group stage which in itself is currently worth 4 points so would start next season on a possible 28/30 points, not to mention the guaranteed $17.74 for doing so.
  • $17.74 is a bit cheap for the Champions league.
  • DJ Hammer said:

I’m trying to buy 2 tickets for the home leg of the semis (open to season ticket holders) but I just keep going round in circles on the official site. Anyone manage to purchase tickets yet?

Yes I got my ticket you have to click on notifications under your log in and I think it’s under reserved items

• DJ Hammer said:

I’m trying to buy 2 tickets for the home leg of the semis (open to season ticket holders) but I just keep going round in circles on the official site. Anyone manage to purchase tickets yet?

Yes I got my ticket you have to click on notifications under your log in and I think it’s under reserved items

Cheers PLF just managed to find them in my account

• $17.74 is a bit cheap for the Champions league.

We should have gone for the Super League instead =)
  • edited April 2022
    Noble in midfield for our final Europa League home game of the season? Couldn’t write it.

Areola
    Johnson - Dawson - Rice - Cresswell
    Soucek - Noble (c)
    Bowen - Lanzini - Fornals
    Antonio
  • Lukerz said:

Noble in midfield for our final Europa League home game of the season? Couldn’t write it.

Areola
    Johnson - Dawson - Rice - Cresswell
    Soucek - Noble (c)
    Bowen - Lanzini - Fornals
    Antonio

Not for me.

Rice in midfield, Alese in defence.
  • Rice in midfield, Alese in defence.

🎵 We've got Super David Moyes 🎵
  • Fair enough, but Moyes won’t do that
  • At the moment Eintracht are scheduled for a 7.30pm kick off away to Bayer Leverkuson on Monday 2nd May while we are at home to Arsenal at 4.30pm on Sunday 1st May.
  • looks like the club will act harshly on anyone selling their tickets to Frankfurt fans, good
  • 2 home match ban. 🤔
  • Frankfurt (9th) drew 2-2 at home to Hoffenheim (8th) yesterday, 5th Bundesliga game without a win
  • Getting into the champions league would be an incredible ride and mean a ton for the summer. I think Rice stays and imagine the players that could be available (for free or otherwise) with a chance to play CL and develop into a title challenging team.
  • I can’t believe the away leg sold out on 55 points! Sevilla sold out on 10 points, Lyon on 20 so I thought this would go at about 30. Flights and hotel booked - just no match ticket!!
  • This seasons Europa Prize Money : -

Qualified to group stage: €3,630,000 ✅
    Match won in group stage: €630,000 x 4 ✅
    Match drawn in group stage: €210,000 x 1 ✅
    Group Draw Pot: €168,000 ✅
    1st in group stage: €1,100,000 ✅
    Round of 16: €1,200,000 ✅
    Quarter-final: €1,800,000 ✅

Coefficient Ranking payment: €1,056,000 ✅
    Market Pool** (Group Stage) €2,092,500 ✅
    Market Pool** (Round of 16) €1,395,000 ✅
    Market Pool** (Round of 8) €1,992,857 ✅
    Market Pool** (Semi Final Round) €1,860,000 ✅

Final total : €19,024,357 😎

Plus home attendances of 50,004, 45,980, 49,401, 59,981, 59,978 and 59,959 less €60,000 fine for Rapid Vienna and €34,500 fine for Genk

I have read that we've earned more than this and if so my figures would be the minimum we've earned. Still, not bad as it covers a new player or two.

COYI
  • edited May 2022
    Herb, I've been having a read through this fangled internet jobby and I think that we get paid for being in the semi, not just for winning it.

So maybe another 2.8 million to add on

I t says 2.8 for taking part ........................
    https://www.si.com/soccer/liverpool/news/uefa-europa-league-prize-money-season-2021-22-uel

So now we can look forward to another sulli special with the extra =)
  • Thanks Expat.

(IH mumbles to himself "I wish I had'nt corrected Expat on the Predictor League now 😂)

Revised version, there may be more.

This seasons Europa Prize Money : -

Qualified to group stage: €3,630,000 ✅
    Match won in group stage: €630,000 x 4 ✅
    Match drawn in group stage: €210,000 x 1 ✅
    Group Draw Pot: €168,000 ✅
    1st in group stage: €1,100,000 ✅
    Round of 16: €1,200,000 ✅
    Quarter-Final: €1,800,000 ✅
    Semi-Final: €2,800,000 ✅

Coefficient Ranking payment: €1,056,000 ✅
    Market Pool** (Group Stage) €2,092,500 ✅
    Market Pool** (Round of 16) €1,395,000 ✅
    Market Pool** (Round of 8) €1,992,857 ✅
    Market Pool** (Semi Final Round) €1,860,000 ✅

Final total : €21,824,357 😎

Plus home attendances of 50,004, 45,980, 49,401, 59,981, 59,978 and 59,959 less €60,000 fine for Rapid Vienna and €34,500 fine for Genk

I have read that we've earned more than this and if so my figures would be the minimum we've earned. Still, not bad as it covers a new player or two.

COYI
  • Hope that we get the Europa League, Budapest is a beautiful beautiful city.

Please smile kindly oh gods of football.
  • Hope that we get the Europa League, Budapest is a beautiful beautiful city.

Please smile kindly oh gods of football.

I want us to get Europa League for far more than a trip to Budapest; a second consecutive season qualifying for it is bound to help recruitment (and retention of existing players) in the summer.
  • Whilst Europa would be amazing, I would still relish qualifying for the Conference tournament and be happy with that.

The only problem is, the stick I handed out to a couple of spurs fans a couple of years ago will likely be returned, in spades.

Where’s that couch
  • Chicago, The big difference is we would take participation seriously, Spurs didn’t even get out of their group.
  • You could use the tactic I use whenever my Arsenal supporting brother tries to tease me when Arsenal are doing better than / have just beaten West Ham. “Yeah, obviously. You’ve got loads of money? It’s pretty embarrassing that you even think it’s something to gloat over tbh”

He doesn’t like it
  • Alderz, I can work with that :-)
  • We end this season with, and carry forward, a UEFA Coefficient of 21 which places us 74th in Europe.
This discussion has been closed.