The Big Europa League Adventure

Comments

• Crikey, it’s a good job I didn’t say that at the end the shark gets a cylinder of compressed air stuck in its mouth and the sheriff shoots it and the shark blows up. Good job I didn’t let that slip.

That's why I won't let the grand kids watch Finding Nemo.
  • My snack of choice back in the day was a pint of cockles from the stall outside the Boleyn, smothered in vinegar and pepper.

Proper eastender me.
  • The one with Michael Caine, where the shark is following Roy Scheider's widow around the Caribbean? Awful film.
  • So it is one of: -

Seville
    Barcelona
    Real Betis
    Sporting Braga
    Porto
    Rangers
    Atalanta
    RB Leipzig

Any of those would be a good place to visit.

COYI
  • I don't know much about some but I guess it would be good to avoid Sevilla, Barcalona and Betis who are all just behind Real Madrid at present in La Liga, whilst Atlanta look quite good.

I will go for Sporting Braga as first choice
  • Rangers please.
  • You can see it now, knocked out by Pellegrini
  • Lukerz, Or it could be Porto & Toni Martinez does for us. :p
  • I can see us at the Nou Camp.
  • The draw’s on BT Sport from 11 btw.
  • On BT's YouTube page as well
  • By the way it’s going we should know who we’ve got by about half six.
  • edited February 2022
    Tough tie Sevilla
  • That was the tie I wanted the least. The team that keeps winning this tournament. Barca would've been a massive experience.

• I think Barcelona would have been easier!!!
  • edited February 2022
    So what if we go to Seville two months early? At least we’ll have played there before we go there for the final! ⚒
  • edited February 2022
    Just might be instead of the final rather than before. Probably the toughest draw we could have got.
  • Have to beat good teams sooner or later .Come on you Hammers
  • No more difficult than Kidderminster. COYI
  • What a great tie.

Not an impossible job to go through but also one of the higher end teams. Brilliant.
  • All part of the fun… COYI ⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • Well, we did manage to know out the perennial Carabao Cup winners, didn't we?

But I would have preferred a team like Atalanta, too
  • What is the betting that Spartak Moscow get kicked out and RB Leipzig go straight through to the quarters?
  • Love it

Big big club and a great test

All for it
  • The last team I wanted to be drawn against. At least Barca would have been a glamour tie even if just as hard.

There is no doubt we can get a result as at our best we CAN compete with the very best in the Premiership, the issue is we are not at our best at present. We will be helped by playing away first. I am not sure how much I subscribe to theories that football has an element of corruption at matchday level such as bigger clubs being favoured by referee's regard decisions etc, but if this is the case we will get nothing as the final is being held in Sevilla so UEFA would no doubt like them to be in the final.

If there is any doubt about whether we can do it we need only look at Rangers, who would have given them much of a chance against Dortmund?
  • I would think UEFA would want anyone other than Sevilla to win it, except Spartak Moscow of course.
  • Fancy us to run them close, if not knock them out.
  • This seasons Europa Prize Money into the Round of 16: -

Qualified to group stage: €3,630,000 ✅
    Match won in group stage: €630,000 x 4 ✅
    Match drawn in group stage: €210,000 x 1 ✅
    Group Draw Pot: €168,000 ✅
    1st in group stage: €1,100,000✅
    Round of 16: €1,200,000
    Quarter-final: €1,800,000
    Semi-final: €2,800,000
    Runner-up: €4,600,000
    Champion: €8,600,000

Coefficient Ranking payment: €1,056,000 ✅
    Market Pool** (Group Stage) €2,092,500 ✅
    Market Pool** (Round of 16) €1,395,000 ✅

Running total earned into Round of 16: €12,171,500 😎

**Market Pool worth €139,500,00. Split into 2 parts: -

Part 1 - €69,750,000 divided across number of associations represented in Group Stage (20). England receives €3,487,500 split 60% / 40% to Cup Winner / 2nd team so West Ham receive €1,395,000.

Part 2 - €69,750,000 divided across the number of rounds (Group Stage - 40%, Knock Out Round 15%, Round of 16 - 20%, Quarters - 13%, Semis - 8%, Final - 4%).
    The money is divided by the number of Associations represented in each round. For the Group Stage England receives €1,395,000 that is equally split across their representatives so West Ham receive €697,500.

For the Round of 16 there are 10 Associations represented. Therefore West Ham will receive 20% of €69,750,000 divided by 10 which comes to €1,395,000.

Plus home attendances of 50,004, 45,980 and 49,401 less €60,000 fine for Rapid Vienna and €34,500 fine for Genk

COYI
  • Yet again it just shows the shortsightedness of the club. We go and draw one of the best teams and tournament favourites when we could’ve had a far easier draw.
    The blame for all this must lie with Moyes for not signing at least two strikers , three centre halves and five left backs in January.

Fumin.

• Slacker, I am glad to see you are finally coming around to my way of thinkng. It's actually at least one Striker, Centre Half & Left Back we needed by the way. =)
This discussion has been closed.