West Ham v Crystal Palace (and probably VAR) (a) - Boxing Day 2019, 3pm

Comments

• Not all bad though - Roberto has kept a clean sheet for half a game!!
  • Decent half. Feel we've got Palace's measure. Keep pressing Zaha, track the runners and Palace are nullified. A bit more composure in the final third and there are at least couple of goals for us.
  • I think we've been lacking creativity in attack. Should we give Anderson a run in the second half?
  • Very average game. Fornals, Haller & Snodgrass all IMO not doing anything..That 45 minutes was DULL DELEXE.

That's harsh on Fornals imo who's looked solid and helped out defensively.

Ogbonna has looked very good at the back. Haller quiet so far. Palace look solid and have prevented Antonio from using his power. Imo Snodrgrass has been our weakest player but we all know how good his delivery is which we need with Antonio and Haller playing.
  • Dying for some pace

Zab/Snod on the right and Fornals/Cresswell is giving us a solid structure, but we cannot turn the defender which is forcing us backward or sideways....whereas Meyer and Zaha are attacking our full backs and having joy
  • edited December 2019
    Cannot agree re Fornals , WelovetheHammers, IMO he has done ZERO so far.
  • I think we've been lacking creativity in attack. Should we give Anderson a run in the second half?

The answer is yes because I think the game is their for his taking IMO
  • Lanzini cough cough
  • edited December 2019
    Noble and Ogbonna not happy with each other... Lanzini coming on...& SNODGRASS :goal:
  • Lanzini would need to come on as a #10, think the shape is working well

Anderson for Snodgrass for me

I'd actually be tempted to change Anderson for noble and put Snoddy CM, but I cant see Pellegrini doing it
  • edited December 2019
    Well, that was unexpected.
  • Ayew goes down holding his face feigning a "serious head injury" so ref stops the game because its perceived as a head injury. One way to stop all the playacting would be to send the player off for a Head Injury Assessment that takes as long as it should take.
  • edited December 2019
    The likes of Rice, Snodgrass and Zabaleta starting to look tried.

We need a fresh pair of legs in the middle of the park otherwise they'll get a second.
  • 1-1 great
  • edited December 2019
    no suprise there :doh: His 1st goal for Palace, IMO deserved.
  • Good challenge from Cresswell......

Rubbish
  • Cheikh rarely scores these days - but then again he doesn’t get to play against West Ham’s defence too often
  • We've completely lost our midfield. No one has any energy left. Desperately need Anderson or Masuaku in a more advanced role on. Even Antonio dropping back into midfield. Anything really otherwise we'll concede again.
  • I can’t see us getting anything out of this game.
  • edited December 2019
    Lazini doesn’t put the yards in That Fornals does. That’s what has gone wrong.
  • Dodger58 said:

Lazini doesn’t put the yards in That Fornals does. That’s what has gone wrong.

He doesn’t want play for pell
  • IMO to blame Lanzini is harsh. 1-1 is a fair score so far, it has been a very average game with 2 teams void of confidence IMO. I hope the final whistle comes soon & we can get out of there with a point.
  • He never seems to be fit. I'm convinced he's as tired as the rest of the team who've been playing all game. For someone with a small frame, he does look like he's carrying a bit of weight around the waist too.
  • You have to think one of our "so called" creative players has surely got to be expendable enough to be sold and replaced in Jan with a ball controller in the centre of the park?
  • Game over another loss
  • Pretty good, aren’t we.
  • GET OUT PELLE :wave:
  • Why do we take Haller off the put on the people he will play well with?
This discussion has been closed.