West Ham v Crystal Palace (and probably VAR) (a) - Boxing Day 2019, 3pm

Comments

• Relegation may not be nailed on but one thing is for sure that this West Ham side is about as entertaining as watching paint dry.

How after such a long break do our players still not last out a game?

What exactly do our players do at training? A professional footballers life is what most men would love to do but most of our players look as if they just cannot be bothered.

• Hutton. I agree with everything you said @ 5.06 apart from not caring about being relegated but I have to admit my level of care is diminishing as the weeks go by.
  • Lukerz said:

Roberto went to ground far too early for the second

Was obvious for everybody that we would get beat if he played & that is what happened

That’s funny because when Payet scored an identical goal a couple of years ago it was regarded as a special finish.
  • Fortune

Roberto made a brilliant save from Wickham. to deny what looked a certain goal. Hindsight about decisions keepers make is always 20/20 vision. I'd be far less worried if he started the next game than I was when I saw he was starting today.oday.

Yeh, it's the other 10 we need to worry about :lol:
  • 15 points dropped from winning positions. Worst record in the premier league.
    Without checking, are we also the "team" that concedes the most last minute/injury time goals?
    :weep:
  • edited December 2019
    We are in a dark place imo. If Pellers goes we get Moyes apparently. A dark dark place.
  • edited December 2019
    I hope to wake up tomorrow with the headline Pellegrini sacked by West Ham :pray:
    I can dream on....TBH Ham, that would horrify me, but better than our current...But certainly not a choice I'd make, rather go for it, whether it works or not...Moyes is safe, just like Big Sam...
  • Hutton - each to their own. I enjoyed much of our performance, the result, not so much.
  • edited December 2019
    It just seems that we don't have a plan of what to do in a game. Passes sideways, backwards, and sideways again. When you watch most other teams they play forwards far more often than backwards / sideways.

Bring back Big Sam, he'd do a much better job with the resources available (IMO of course)

Did great at Bolton with decent players, but wasn't given the backing here. Que sera.
  • I hope to wake up tomorrow with the headline Pellegrini sacked by West Ham :pray:
    I can dream on....TBH Ham, that would horrify mean, but better than our current...But certainly not a choice I'd make.

To be replaced by Moyes or Hughton.

Couldn’t make it up.
  • Wonder how many keepers in the prem in the same circumstances would have gone down early I’d hazard a guess most of them imo
  • Lukerz said:

I hope to wake up tomorrow with the headline Pellegrini sacked by West Ham :pray:
    I can dream on....TBH Ham, that would horrify mean, but better than our current...But certainly not a choice I'd make.

To be replaced by Moyes or Hughton.

Couldn’t make it up.
    Next Level Luke, next level :sub:
  • Not sure that Roberto was too much at fault. Maybe a clueless manger though :hmm:
  • Defeat was nailed on as soon as they equalised. We are just too much of a pushover I’m afraid. And certainly no leadership on the field.
  • The guy that took the training for the chelsea game should be given a go , bye bye Pelle
  • "We need to recover as soon as we can. We need to play our home game where we are not having good results - we have two games in a row there and I hope we start winning."

Such wise words from our manager, is he stating the obvious or what.. :doh:
  • We got beaten by a team that play football in a garden shed.
  • The Noble spat with Ogbonna was rather unsavoury too. Not sure it's good captaincy to dig out your own player so publicly.
  • Cuz1 said:

Wonder how many keepers in the prem in the same circumstances would have gone down early I’d hazard a guess most of them imo

Just wish he had gone down sooner for the first goal. :whistle: Pundits were saying it was a poor finish by Conor Wickham so lets not look for crumbs of comfort.
  • I cannot remember ever enjoying a game we were one nil up in and lost it in the last minute.

But then some fans seem to enjoy any game that West Ham play.
  • I’m certainly not but ain’t going to beat the keeper with a stick for a quality finish
  • The Noble spat with Ogbonna was rather unsavoury too. Not sure it's good captaincy to dig out your own player so publicly.

His captaincy this season is noticeably lacking and he isn’t playing terribly well either.
  • edited December 2019
    But then some fans seem to enjoy any game that West Ham play

Me, for one.

My love for West Ham is unconditional. Regardless of how badly our players may perform (and I didn't think we were bad overall today no matter how inept our manager may seem (I don't actually think Pelle is inept) I love our club. I've always assumed that was how I could tell I was a fan.
  • Don't they get sick of losing? Weird mentally, some if them are obviously talented.
  • I think most teams have worked out that if you make sure you are still in the game against West Ham after 60-65 minutes you have a very good chance of winning .
    For a premier league outfit we look as if we spend the week in the pub instead of working on our fitness and sharpness all week.
  • Can't wait for the leicester game.... :lol:
  • Fab will be fit for that.

Wasn’t fit today, but a day later & he’ll be fine.

That day makes all the difference.
  • Very unfair to blame Roberto considering how many of our defenders Ayew skipped by.

With 15 minutes to go I said that I didn’t expect to get anything out of this game. Our defence just didn’t seem up to the task.
  • MIAHammer said "With 15 minutes to go I said that I didn’t expect to get anything out of this game. Our defence just didn’t seem up to the task."

Same old, same old - do they ever? :tumbleweed:

• Just for Ham, I’ve just read a Palace fan comment on the bbc forum

“If Palace are going to finish in the European places, we need to beat teams like West Ham”
This discussion has been closed.