West Ham v Crystal Palace (and probably VAR) (a) - Boxing Day 2019, 3pm

Comments

• To blame Roberto for that result is harsh IMO, rather direct it to our CLUELESS manager .. 1 point off bottom 3 everyone, Happy times :doh:

We out of our depth,, 2-1 is fair result and represents the table
  • imagelost said:

To blame Roberto for that result is harsh IMO, rather direct it to our CLUELESS manager .. 1 point off bottom 3 everyone, Happy times :doh:

Does anyone disagree?
  • edited December 2019

Just for Ham, I’ve just read a Palace fan comment on the bbc forum

“If Palace are going to finish in the European places, we need to beat teams like West Ham”

That's how low we've sunk. Fans from Palace saying this sort of thing. Makes me sick.
  • imagelost said:

imagelost said:

To blame Roberto for that result is harsh IMO, rather direct it to our CLUELESS manager .. 1 point off bottom 3 everyone, Happy times :doh:

Does anyone disagree?
    Me. Thought we did enough to merit a draw at the very least.
  • The 1st half IMO both teams looked championship quality. We scored a good goal, fair enough. Sad thing is , IMO 1-0 up is rarely enough for us , we always look liable to concede, and not just 1... We have become very predictable & sorry Grey, can't agree, Palace looked more threatening & had clearer opportunities to score. IMO Pelle, has not done what was required, Anderson is a shadow of himself from last season & the same can be said about Diop, Lanzini to mention a couple of others....He just simply has to leave IMO, only consolation if he stays, we get Championship games live out here as well.
  • grey,

I am fortunate to have unconditional love in several areas of my life but reserve the right to be disappointed at times when they let me down or don't come up to my expectations, these actions are also allowed to have a negative affect on my mood or outlook. I have loved following West Ham over many decades, there have been good times and bad, it all comes down to being able to manage your hopes which this season I had higher than normal.
  • is Diop being left out of the side in preparation for his sale?

• edited December 2019

imagelost said:

imagelost said:

Does anyone disagree?
    Me. Thought we did enough to merit a draw at the very least.
    I hoped we would win

And the position we are in tells otherwise

West Ham’s current position Is?

I am very sorry Grey you sound like a manager under pressure!
    At what point did anyone say “ our priority is to stay up”
  • Image - I don't really understand what you mean. I was hoping to sound like a fan who loves the club, and isn't going to be too down on the players or manager.
  • Fortune - I hope I didn't come across as suggesting it was up to me how you should feel. I'm simply saying how I feel.
  • fair play Grey, I really do wish I shared your positivity ... :bowdown:
  • Image - I don't really understand what you mean. I was hoping to sound like a fan who loves the club, and isn't going to be too down on the players or manager.

You sound like a manager under pressure!
  • The problem is relegation is on the cards and we sold our stadium.
  • edited December 2019
    So you mean we would be further up the table if we hadn't moved? :hmm:
  • no but there is currently nothing to suggest moving stadiums has benefited the club.
  • imagelost said:

Image - I don't really understand what you mean. I was hoping to sound like a fan who loves the club, and isn't going to be too down on the players or manager.

You sound like a manager under pressure!
    Yes, I didn't understand that comment the first time. Repeating it hasn't really clarified anything.
  • no but there is currently nothing to suggest moving stadiums has benefited the club.

Well, some 25000 additional fans can get to see their team.
  • edited December 2019
    IronHerb said:

no but there is currently nothing to suggest moving stadiums has benefited the club.

Most of which support the away team but just sit in the home end.
  • I am a fan who loves West Ham . However what is going on at this club from the board room down to the manager and players is totally depressing.

As a fan I find it amazing that anyone watching this team would not be down on the manager and players. We are awful and the occasional scrappy 1-0 win cannot hide that fact.

We have not really had a team that had a consistent shape and pattern to its play for ages and as for backbone this club just hasn’t had one for many a year now.
  • Hamstew said:

IronHerb said:

no but there is currently nothing to suggest moving stadiums has benefited the club.

Nonsense
  • edited December 2019
    IronHerb said:

Hamstew said:

IronHerb said:

Nonsense
    Ok that was a massive exaggeration but there is a lot. Many games I've been to I've sat near away fans dotted around and even fans of teams that ain't playing. I never saw that at the Boleyn.
  • But anyway that is getting slightly away from the point that we have moved ground and there has been zero benefit imo.
  • I can think of two people that have benefited massively from the move.
  • Apart from the massive increase in capacity, and the very cheap U16 season tickets...
  • I thought we were okay and deserved a draw at least.

Just me?
  • edited December 2019

Apart from the massive increase in capacity, and the very cheap U16 season tickets...

Depends who you're talking about. I've never been a season ticket holder only a member or non member. I've paid more or less the same prices as I did at the Boleyn and and got tickets for the same sort of games. The only difference is I got a better view and atmosphere. As I say its IMO but maybe it's better for season ticket holders. Good for them.
  • I think offering a ST to U16s for £100 is a huge benefit
  • edited December 2019
    Only if they are happy to watch what's on offer. My 12 year old has completely lost interest in West Ham and football in general. My 7 year old will end up supporting someone else I'm almost certain.
  • I wonder who... ;)
  • Bazshuayi said:

I wonder who... ;)

You're not wrong.
This discussion has been closed.