West Ham v Crystal Palace (and probably VAR) (a) - Boxing Day 2019, 3pm

12345679»

Comments

• Bubbles - I can't really take any credit; it's just how I'm wired.

And clearly still are :lol:
  • Sunderland in League One. Who'd have thought? :biggrin:
  • IronHerb said:

Sunderland in League One. Who'd have thought? :biggrin:

Agree herb, and struggling too
  • edited December 2019
    In my mind there has always been a strong similarity between Sunderland and ourselves, a loyal passionate support, a “working class” backdrop, some past cup glory, a sense of underachievement, a fierce local rivalry against arguably a “bigger” more “glamorous” successful team, a period of yo-yoing between first and second divisions, staving off relegation and striving for promotion

Let’s not forget Roker Park their prior stadium which was a tight proper old fashioned football ground where “The Roker Roar” was a real thing

To see where they are now is worrying to me, and not just because of family connections.
  • I have stopped expecting of Roberto and so just had a little admiration of him Instead at palace as he didn’t hide away and did his best. He is awful as a keeper although not particularly at fault in this game. I am respecting him as a man however for putting his gloves on again despite all the stick he has taken.
  • I have stopped expecting of Roberto and so just had a little admiration of him Instead at palace as he didn’t hide away and did his best. He is awful as a keeper although not particularly at fault in this game. I am respecting him as a man however for putting his gloves on again despite all the stick he has taken.

While I thought he did well V Palace, putting his gloves on are what he is paid to do, if he refused to he'd then surely be in breech of contract , no?..Otherwise he would have had to pull a sickie to get out of playing.
    This was the least he could do, and fair play, he did OK, no complaints in this game IMO, Just a shame he was probably the worst performing keeper wev'e played for many,many years in all the matches he had played for us before this game,blame has to be given also to our manager tho IMO, for not seeing what most other supporters kept seeing, how poor he was, and not taking him out the firing line sooner IMO.
  • When we went 1-0 up I thought we probably deserved to be. However I knew that if we conceded the next goal we would go on to lose.

I lack all confidence in the team and Pelle at the moment.

Antonio is the exception. He works hard, is a menace to all defenders and looks like he is enjoying being on the pitch.
This discussion has been closed.