West Ham v Crystal Palace (and probably VAR) (a) - Boxing Day 2019, 3pm

Comments

• Confirmed Roberto & Zaba come into team with Anang on bench...Good luck.
  • edited December 2019
    Apart from what Jay said its the same as last time with Anderson and Lanzini on the bench.

Benteke not even on the bench, Max Meyer on the left, Ayew up front I guess
  • Roberto in goal. Lucky I got a large bottle of Jack Daniels for Christmas
  • Really his our luck to lose not one but two goalkeepers maybe Roberto as a point to prove COYI
  • Lukerz said:

Not only does he not save shots, the defence is 10 times worse too.

To be fair ( and not trying to put up a defence) but he does actually save a reasonable amount of shots. But that might be because our defence gets worse in his presence, thus giving the opposition more opportunities.
  • I was going to watch this game on Amazon but now I have seen who is in goal I think I might enjoy going out to stand in the torrential rain more. :weep:
  • think I may take the dog for the longest walk in history
  • I was going to watch this game on Amazon but now I have seen who is in goal I think I might enjoy going out to stand in the torrential rain more. :weep:

My mum is around today so will put the Chelsea game on for her instead. I'd love nothing more than Roberto to prove me wrong.
  • Palace have scored the second lowest number of goals this season (15). Only Watford (11) have scored less.

Let’s see if Roberto can do something about that, shall we?
  • no goalkeeper on the bench ,could only happen to us :angry:
  • Steve

Anang is on the bench.
  • Oh and it was really difficult to write ‘Anang’ with autocorrect. I got Anon then Among.
  • :thumbsup:
  • Lukerz said:

Not only does he not save shots, the defence is 10 times worse too.

To be fair ( and not trying to put up a defence) but he does actually save a reasonable amount of shots. But that might be because our defence gets worse in his presence, thus giving the opposition more opportunities.
    He only makes really quick reaction saves from very near to him. Which is strange as he doesn't react to anything else.

Martin hasn't actually had to make too many saves at all, so hopefully our defence can step up.
  • edited December 2019
    Adam said:

Oh and it was really difficult to write ‘Anang’ with autocorrect. I got Anon then Among.

Anon among nans.
  • How about supporting the team? :doh:
  • edited December 2019
    How is dreading Roberto in goal not supporting the team? Personally I'm just scared for us.
  • The host on amazon just asked if Roberto starting means we should call it 1-0 to palace to start the game
  • Number 49 sub goalie good luck to him

I fear we will get a Royal roasting today
  • edited December 2019
    From what we have seen of Roberto, it would not have been such a call to play Anang, I haven't seen anything of him, but can he be any worse. Prove me wrong pls Roberto.
  • 10 mins of very poor play from both teams so far.
  • edited December 2019
    make that 35 mins....It's been poor from both IMO..Little creativity from us...certainly IMO not a good advert for English PL football.
  • Antonio with his standard shot that goes about 30 yards over the Crossbar
  • Currently we just off bottom tree
  • This has been a very poor game
  • Very average game. Fornals, Haller & Snodgrass all IMO not doing anything..That 45 minutes was DULL DELEXE.
  • So so boring. Do we do all our training in slow motion and try to pass through a cat flap.
This discussion has been closed.