West Ham v Crystal Palace (and probably VAR) (a) - Boxing Day 2019, 3pm

Comments

• It doesn't matter who we put out as we will loose to a (incorrectly) VAR awarded penalty after Zaha falls over a blade of grass claiming Zaba (who was 10 feet away) hacked him down.

Antonio will score only to have VAR (incorrectly) take it away as the ball was within 10 inches of his hand.
  • It comes to something when Suz joins the pre match 'loss' crowd...

#Schloss
  • Cheeky away win.
  • "[Manuel] Lanzini has worked without any problems for around ten days. It is maybe more easy to return after a shoulder injury, and Felipe [Anderson] has worked a complete week without problems after his illness.

"Jack Wilshere has had some problems with his groin so he hasn't worked with the squad."
  • Ownage. Loss
  • Jack Wilshire still in the Andy Carroll treatment wing.
  • When is lady Brady going to give her opinion on wilshere I wonder?
  • edited December 2019
    Ben Dinnery twitter ' just to give us some Christmas cheer...

Pellegrini suggests Roberto could be in line for a recall with David Martin and Lukasz Fabianski considered doubts. "I don't think either will be able to play both games in 48 hours, so we will see in the next couple of days who will be playing at Crystal Palace."

Lets be honest about this, its a goalkeeper position. Its not like its outfield. If a goalkeeper is fit enough to play and doesn't get injured, he'll be fit enough to play 48 hours later!

In short, don't do it!
  • On the bright side, Baz, at least West Ham aren’t paying £350k a week for their calamity keeper like Man U are
  • I interpreted Pellegrini's comments as meaning Fabs would play one game and Martin the other
  • edited December 2019
    So did I, until I saw Pelle talk about having faith in Roberto should he be required...

Pelle says all three options are possible, either one plays both games, they alternate or Roberto plays. Gonna be touch & go.

However, we do have other options...

Fabianski
    Martin
    Anang
    Antonio
    Roberto
  • Hamstew said:

Ownage. Loss

This is more or less a given now that Lawro has gone for a Hammers win
  • Richard Hawley also thinks we will win
  • So do I :wahoo:
  • edited December 2019
    Loved "Tonight the streets are ours".

Cahill, Dann, Townsend, Ward and Schlupp all injured, against Newcastle they played...

Guaita
    Kelly Tomkins Kouyate van Aanholt
    McCarthy Milivojevic McArthur
    Ayew Benteke Zaha

We have to play 4-4-2 if Kouyate's having to play CB.
  • Sakho not suspended anymore I believe
  • Forgot all about Mamadou Sakho, so I guess Kouyate moves into midfield and McCarthy drops to the bench.
  • Jay: oh yes (Christmas celebrations underway early here..) I still miss them as squad members
    ASLEF ironic because Tomkins ended up on the bench there until injury gave him a chance.
  • Match day
    :scary:
  • Ex strongly hinting that Roberto is in goal
  • :hmm: :nonono: :wahoo: :puzzled: :sub:
  • If thats the case then we'll need at least 3 to win today :weep:
  • To be honest I will go as far as not bothering to watch it. I will just check at 5pm.

Not only does he not save shots, the defence is 10 times worse too.
  • Lukerz said:

Ex strongly hinting that Roberto is in goal

:angry:
  • To be honest, I am not sure how Pelle can bring himself to play him.
  • So if true Pelle is telling us that both Fab & Martin failed fitness tests?...
  • If true, I’m pretty sure Pelle wouldn’t be playing Roberto unless he had no choice.
  • You really never know with Pelle though ;)
  • Lol merry Xmas palace. No chance I'm watching this horror show.
This discussion has been closed.