Transfer Deadline Day: The Yellow Tie Derby (Rav wore it best)

The 4th most exciting day of the year in the OCS household is here.

Today we finally find out whether JLingz is returning to play with the band once more.

Today we may welcome Nikola Vlasic to the club and be surprised that he's actually the 6th Croatian to play for West Ham.

But will we bring a striker in? Will there be a surprise signing that Fabrizio, Nico and Ex have all missed? Will we ever sign a left back?

Some questions will be answered. Many more will be asked.

Buckle in people; it's Transfer Deadline Day.

Comments

• Likeliest outcome is Vlasic plus a midfielder on loan. Even though the RLC loan seems to be all but canned, Coventry's loan to Peterborough is reportedly still on, so I can only assume this is because we'll get someone to cover him (possibly Ox?).

I'd like the Tagliafico/Pellegrini rumours to be true as I think we need a LB/LWB, particularly given the concerns over Masuaku's knee, but I don't think we'll get one in.

And the much-vaunted striker will probably have to wait until January at least. Vlasic is being touted by some as a potential False 9, so he's looking likely to be the Antonio Plan B.

Areola, Zouma and Vlasic certainly improve the quality in the squad, but depth could still be a problem. But let's see where the next 15 hours take us.
  • The 4th most exciting day of the year in the OCS household is here.

Today we finally find out whether JLingz is returning to play with the band once more.

Today we may welcome Nikola Vlasic to the club and be surprised that he's actually the 6th Croatian to play for West Ham.

But will we bring a striker in? Will there be a surprise signing that Fabrizio, Nico and Ex have all missed? Will we ever sign a left back?

Some questions will be answered. Many more will be asked.

Buckle in people; it's Transfer Deadline Day.

Think of your old ticker mate, you’ll need to pace yourself don’t peak too early , you’ve got a long day of watching rumours flying about and then there’s all the typing to do so a few deep breaths eh?

• Loan bid for Kral rejected, according to Russian sports media.

I'd take Kral. I know he didn't cover himself in glory at the Euros but Moyes did tip him as one to watch before the tournament started, so has obviously impressed him, but it doesn't look like it'll be a goer.
  • OCS, I’ve got a mental picture of you sitting on a sofa with at least three tv,s, a couple of computer screens, a few radios and at least three mobiles, in your full West Ham kit.
    Please help me banish this image.
  • He's at work.
  • https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/1294558637/ajax-rond-met-west-ham-united-over-transfersom-nicolas-tagliafico?

Ajax and the English West Ham United have reached verbal agreement about a transfer of Nicolas Tagliafico. The 28-year-old defender can reportedly earn Ajax around twelve million euros. However, the transfer of the Argentine international is not yet a foregone conclusion, because Tagliafico himself has yet to reach an agreement with the London club from the Premier League.

Tagliafico himself is in Venezuela for international obligations, while his agent Ricardo Schlieper is in Amsterdam to finalize the deal for the player, who came to the Netherlands in January 2018.

West Ham United's initial offer for a four-year contract for the Argentine was inadequate. The Tagliafico camp is awaiting an improved offer from London. The left-back hopes that the English will come before tomorrow evening when the transfer market closes.

Before the match with Vitesse, Ajax director of football affairs Marc Overmars said on Sunday that he was already taking into account a transfer from Tagliafico. Because of the services rendered by the Argentine international in Amsterdam, the national champion promised earlier to cooperate in a transfer of the defender. A fixed transfer limit has been verbally agreed between Ajax and the player, who played more than 140 matches for the club.
  • MrsGrey said:

He's at work.

But the rest is true.
  • The yellow tie clashes with the claret shirt. A definite no no.
  • So we have Rumours on:-

- Left Back (Tagliafico)
    - Midfielder (Vlasic / RLC / Lingard)

• Maitland Niles? Although he wouldn't be guaranteed football at West Ham (as a starter) either, he'd be great cover.

- Left Back (Tagliafico)
    - Midfielder (Vlasic / RLC / Lingard)

Porto left back Zaidu Sanusi also being linked this morning
  • link the source then it gets added to the list :>

- Left Back (Tagliafico / Sanusi)
    - Centre Midfielder (Kral)
    - Attacking Midfielder (Vlasic / RLC / Lingard)

added to the list
  • Vlasic official
  • Vlasic confirmed according to Sky
  • edited August 2021
    Looks like Vlašić mainly plays AM/RW, so for £20m, looks like that frees up Bowen to play up front when necessary to support Antonio, if we don’t get that striker.
  • edited August 2021
    No 🇭🇷 👀✍️⚒️ beforehand from Ex though and no announcement video set to gritty urban beats, either.

Bit disappointed, ngl.

Good player though.
  • edited August 2021
    Slacker said:

OCS, I’ve got a mental picture of you sitting on a sofa with at least three tv,s, a couple of computer screens, a few radios and at least three mobiles, in your full West Ham kit.

• Slacker said:

OCS, I’ve got a mental picture of you sitting on a sofa with at least three tv,s, a couple of computer screens, a few radios and at least three mobiles, in your full West Ham kit.

Did I miss the memo? I thought we were all supposed to be dressed like this with those gadgets????
  • Lukerz said:

Looks like Vlašić mainly plays AM/RW, so for £20m, looks like that frees up Bowen to play up front when necessary to support Antonio, if we don’t get that striker.

He's played mostly as a No10. I think alderz out a graphic up yesterday about it.

Has played wide left and right, and occasionally through the middle (he's very good with his back to goal) so I think he's a False 9 option primarily.
  • When did the Vlasic rumour first get airtime ( this transfer window)?
  • Interesting that they’ve stuck in “the player has been extensively scouted” into that
  • MrsGrey said:

When did the Vlasic rumour first get airtime ( this transfer window)?

Two days ago. Nicely under the radar, this one.
  • Interesting that they’ve stuck in “the player has been extensively scouted” into that

Moyesy decided to watch a second YouTube reel, as opposed to the standard one.
  • edited August 2021

Lukerz said:

He's played mostly as a No10. I think alderz out a graphic up yesterday about it.

Has played wide left and right, and occasionally through the middle (he's very good with his back to goal) so I think he's a False 9 option primarily.
    This is what alderz shared:

• Zouma and Vlasic, two quality additions! Fair play
  • Ah cool, thanks 👍

So mainly competition for Benrahma, a wide option & a striker possibility.