Transfer Deadline Day: The Yellow Tie Derby (Rav wore it best)

Comments

• Lukerz said:

Ah cool, thanks 👍

So mainly competition for Benrahma, a wide option & a striker possibility.

What I like is the 62 goal involvements in 133 games from that position.

And the boy hits a good penalty.
  • edited August 2021
    I would guess the early announcement of this deal suggests there could be more to come?

I would’ve expected them to hold off until the afternoon if he was likely to be the only addition.

Either that or we fancy an early night.
  • Ex says we're in talks with four more players. Not that we'll sign four, but it suggests there'll be at least one more through the door.

Loans only though. All of the available cash has been spent.
  • Vlasic is described as an 'attacker' on the website. That covers a multitude of positions including our striker. ☺️
  • Good signing
  • There's a Vlasic thread, if anyone wants to put specific comments there. Keep this one for speculation?
  • I was speculating that he's our new striker. 😂
  • edited August 2021

Loan bid for Kral rejected, according to Russian sports media.

I'd take Kral. I know he didn't cover himself in glory at the Euros but Moyes did tip him as one to watch before the tournament started, so has obviously impressed him, but it doesn't look like it'll be a goer.

Russian Football News (@RusFootballNews) now claiming that Kral is close to joining West Ham on loan with an option to buy.
  • Thought he was pretty average at Euros, but he won't play much over our main two.
  • edited August 2021
    BBC had Kral as "one to watch" before the Euro's. Looks like a few people rate him but had an average tournament
  • Loan bid for Kral rejected, according to Russian sports media.

I'd take Kral. I know he didn't cover himself in glory at the Euros but Moyes did tip him as one to watch before the tournament started, so has obviously impressed him, but it doesn't look like it'll be a goer.

Russian Football News (@RusFootballNews) now claiming that Kral is close to joining West Ham on loan with an option to buy.
    Russians sound confident:

• Coventry seems to be going on loan, Kral coming in
  • West Ham transfer news: Nikola Vlasic completes move from CSKA Moscow
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12395645/west-ham-transfer-news-nikola-vlasic-completes-move-from-cska-moscow

Any more to come?
    Let the European adventure begin!
    Hope some youngsters get a chance in the Carabao/FA cups and against weaker teams as home grown talent is always more satisfying and cheaper.
  • Rumours that the four players we're talking to cover all outfield positions. Piecing a few bits together it looks like it could be Lingard, Kral, Origi and one of Pellegrini/Sanusi.
  • So we have Rumours on:-

- Left Back (Tagliafico / Sanusi / Pellegrini)
    - Centre Midfielder (Kral)
    - Attacking Midfielder (Vlasic / RLC / Lingard)
    - Striker (Origi)

added to the list

• No doubt Rice will have a word at England training today
  • Yeold Vladimir is no longer a rumour.
  • Paul Nevin is there too. They'll both be in Lingard's ear.
  • edited August 2021
    Chelsea are in talks with a top 6 club over the loan of Hudson-Odoi. The club is NOT Leicester, despite reports.
  • Liverpool statement on Sky "Origi not available for loan "
  • That'll be Arsenal or Spurs then as we're not considered a top six club.
  • Sorry posted on the wrong thread...fingers crossed Liverpool don't bid for Bowen....
  • Interested to see what happens next

Think we could use a few more bodies, but delighted with what we've done so far

We've added three really quality players in their prime years and we've only really let Balbuena go who was already a mile away from the first team picture

Also, 5th top net spend after United, Arsenal, City and Leicester

This is why I like to wait till the window is over
  • Jim White just mentioned Diop could go out on loan today.

Wouldn't make sense to me. We needed an extra CB, so why let one go & go back to square one?
  • Diop linked with a loan move away

Ex says he's heard about Kral but isn't sure if it's all agents noise

Still hasn't said anything about Tagliafico
  • BBC now reporting that Tagliafico will not be happening.
  • edited August 2021
    Some talk that we're considering allowing Diop to leave on loan.

Would be a strange decision. Yes, he's probably 4th choice CB right now, but an injury to Ogbonna (which isn't that unlikely given his age and history) and Diop is back in the bench.

We need four CBs, IMO. Can we trust Baptiste, who is completely untested at senior level, to be the 4th choice?

Edit: Basically what Lukerz said
  • Still reckon we need another LB/LWB & CDM. lF we are going to use Bowen to cover for Antonio then a CF may not be as big a need as many including myself thought.
  • edited August 2021

Some talk that we're considering allowing Diop to leave on loan.

Would be a strange decision. Yes, he's probably 4th choice CB right now, but an injury to Ogbonna (which isn't that unlikely given his age and history) and Diop is back in the bench.

We need four CBs, IMO. Can we trust Baptiste, who is completely untested at senior level, to be the 4th choice?

Edit: Basically what Lukerz said

A side that likes to sometimes play a back 3, & is competing in Europe, needs to have four CBs. It's great signing Zouma, but to then sell/loan Diop would be counter-productive unless we have another CB lined up.

We need to keep the current squad today. The only player I would argue we could let go is Yarmolenko (of the first team, because of his game time/wages ratio), but even he'd be a useful player in cup games.
  • I also understand not meeting the asking price for Lingard. Man Utd are only able to ask for over £20m because of the platform we gave him. If they aren't prepared to compromise on a fee we aren't going to be interested & Lingard doesn't seem to fussed either way.