Transfer Deadline Day: The Yellow Tie Derby (Rav wore it best)

Comments

• I've been waiting all day to post my latest ingenious pun (Kral-lelujah).

Starting to get impatient now.

you know someone will beat you to it now
  • So Kral get a years PL experience before Rice leaves ?? maybe a bit of forward planning
  • Maybe Rice will want to stay here for the champions league games 😜
  • Don't know much about Kral. He looked slightly dodgy at the Euros but, in the same way you don't judge a player on a good Euros, you don't judge one on a bad one. He only played a few minutes here & there as a substitute.

Moyes referred to him as 'one to watch' before the Euros started, in an article in The Times. He said he was a very good passer, who protects the back four & has a very good mentality.
  • I see Twitter is starting to turn against the club as it looks increasingly likely no forward/striker will be signed by 11pm.

At the end of the day, I think the idea is to utilise Antonio, Bowen, Vlasic & Yarmolenko as options for that position.

I am surprised we've not been able to identify a striker but, to be fair, I can't either.
  • I'm embarrassed by any fans 'turning against' the club. Twitter is such a ridiculous place.

We've spent £50M on Zouma and Vlasic. That means Moyes had £50M to spend and he decided to spent it on those two, and not a forward.

If Moyes hasn't earned some trust and respect from certain fans then I think the problem lies with them, not Moyes or the club.

Recruitment has been outstanding since Moyes returned, as have our performances on the pitch overall.

I can't wait either - I think he's OK Kral =)
  • Kral being reported as a loan with an obligation rather than an option.
  • And also being reported as a loan with an option, so who knows.

Well, Sullivan, presumably.
  • edited August 2021
    Karl signed, according to talkSPORT

Edit - not sure about Kral
  • Always wanted to sign Karl.
  • Coventry loan confirmed, so Kral must be done.

Really pleased with both of these. Good loan for Coventry and great cover for SouDec in Kral.
  • Interesting Coventry’s loan has a Jan break clause
  • Lukerz said:

Interesting Coventry’s loan has a Jan break clause

Let’s hope we haven’t agreed to let rice go then
  • Imagine Kral may be announced soon given the Coventry statement that he has gone. Possible 6pm announcement?
  • Sima has signed for Brighton, now gone on loan to Stoke, was linked to us.

Seems odd given his Europa League pedigree & goals, even though he is only 20.
  • My wants from the other day (added in GK for completeness)

Urgent- striker and left back
    Almost as urgent - cm, gk
    Needed - am, cb, striker (again)

With names…
    Urgent- striker and left back
    Almost as urgent - Kral, Areola
    Needed - Vlasic, Zouma, striker (again)

We’re so close to the perfect window. I trust Moyes on the no striker front but had we got a striker and a lb like Tagliafico it would have been an absurdly good window. To criticise it (Twitterati) is poor imo.
  • Lukerz said:

Interesting Coventry’s loan has a Jan break clause

Sensible, I think.
  • Couple of stories from Twitter. Russian media report there is an obligation to purchase Kral after he plays a certain number of matches.

West Ham were interested in Lingard, but were not prepared to pay £25m for him, which was the asking price.
  • edited August 2021
    Eski 👍

Can't fault the quality of Areola, Zouma, Kral and Vlasic. Top quality players IMO and all will bring much needed competition.

That said, I still feel we're a bit short on depth. Zouma replaces Balbuena and Vlasic replaces Lingard, so we're only really two players up. A left back and striker would have been welcome to make the squad more complete, so there's some business I think we should have done, but I can't fault the business that we have completed.

Sounds like Kral will be the last signing of the window, but you never know. There's still five hours to go...
  • So glad I’m not in twitter. If Moyes gets 3 quality international players in deadline, I’m really stoked with that
  • edited August 2021
    I think if we want more players, they'd have to be home grown. ( Probably, depending on things like Reid and if we name one of the kids.
    Edit, actually we may be ok. Do Johnson and Baptiste count as yoof? Coventry too... Worth knowing if we want him to be able to come back if we need him in January.

I can't wait either - I think he's OK Kral =)
    "Heard Kral got into a gunfight in the past but he's moved forward and is OK now"

My lawyers are working frantically before the transfer window closes on a copyright issue ;)
  • I only realised who he was when I saw a picture. He was a bit underwhelming in the Euros. But he'd be our very own Sideshow Bob.
  • Kral's transfermarkt page says he plays for West Ham on loan...
  • Think squad depth goes further than just bodies and cover per position

We've added a #2 CB (maybe even #1) to replace last seasons #4, so Dawson and Diop slide down a spot into #3 and #4....so by that logic, our 4th choice is now better than last years 4th choice...that is strength in depth, same out of bodies but stronger due to a quality addition
  • MrsGrey said:

I only realised who he was when I saw a picture. He was a bit underwhelming in the Euros. But he'd be our very own Sideshow Bob.

You beat me to it!
    The natural Sideshow replacement for Diamante.

• Looks like we're done. I don't think Kral will announced until close to eleven, almost to make the point to fans not to expect anyone else.

A youth player has been mooted, with rumours of it being either Kerr Smith of Dundee, or Lewis Leigh of Preston, but neither are close, nor a threat to the first team.