Slaven Bilic named as West Ham Manager (09.06.15)

Comments

• MrsGrey said:

What a load of old tosh.

Seriously.

Just read it.

Edit, I've just seen that it has a guideline at the start of he page - '8 minute read'. ;lol

I did read it thank you very much hence why I posted it , any reason you think it is tosh or are people not allowed to post opinions anymore
  • I know many people have answered the question I'm about to ask but in quite long-winded posts. So for that reason:

If you had to sum up very briefly what Bilic's need to do to turn round our season what would it be? Prioritise only one thing rather than a list of things.

Pick a formation, stick with it and play players based on who would be best for that style / formation. Regardless of their name/fame/age
  • plf Feel free to post your opinions as long a I can post mine too. ;ok

Just about to start work, but I'm happy to list specific toshnesses later.

• edited November 2017
    100% spot on Luke

Jobs for the longer term over the years have become less the norm, and that’s not only in football.
  • Can we sack him at half time?
  • Nitric acid enema or bilic as manager

I'll go for the enema thanks
  • Probably needs to go, hate to say it because really wanted him to be a success, walk away Slav, thanks for the last season at the Boleyn where everyone was on your side

No need for abuse to a man who has acted with the utmost class. Shame to see some of our fans go that way but that’s football for ya
  • After saying I wouldn't,I've just voted in the poll on the other thread & with a heavy heart & a great deal of reluctance I've voted to sack him. We currently have the same amount of points after 11 matches that we had under Grant & at least he had the excuse of inheriting a poor squad. On paper we have some very good players & I reckon a change at the top might help us. Sorry Slav,I'll always have time for you because of that final season at the Boleyn but enough is enough.
  • He really does sound like a beaten man ,He might not wait, and walk instead ,feel bad for him .still love the guy but not as our manager .sad
  • edited November 2017
    I'd like Slav to walk just to have him not sign a confidentiality clause
    I'd buy the book...
  • Ex says if Slav does go it will only be a six-month contract appointment. Where is the money to pay for a decent manager to come in?
  • The Dave’s are behaving disgracefully. For a long time it is clear the role is beyond Slav. But they try to be be clever and talk of honouring contracts. Well, the Dave’s can proudly go ahead and do this, however they will be taking their sparkling athletics stadium straight into the championship with them.
  • So, since moving to the OS, batterings have included:

West Ham 2-4 Watford
    West Ham 0-3 Saints
    West Ham 1-5 Arsenal
    West Ham 0-5 Man City (FAC)
    West Ham 0-4 Man City
    West Ham 0-4 Liverpool
    West Ham 0-3 Brighton
    West Ham 1-4 Liverpool

32 goals conceded in those 8 games alone.

Wins at the OS:

West Ham 1-0 Bournemouth
    West Ham 1-0 Accrington Stanley (LC)
    West Ham 1-0 Sunderland
    West Ham 2-1 Chelsea (LC)
    West Ham 1-0 Burnley
    West Ham 1-0 Hull
    West Ham 3-0 Palace
    West Ham 1-0 Swansea
    West Ham 1-0 Spurs
    West Ham 2-0 Huddersfield
    West Ham 3-0 Bolton (LC)
    West Ham 1-0 Swansea

Two league wins by 2 or more goals, with all the rest by one goal.

Plus not to mention all the narrow home defeats (0-2 or less) and draws, as well as all the other away defeats. Just isn’t good enough.
  • Moyes and Phil Neville to West Ham for rest of season according to reports
  • ;weep Neville to ,could this get any worse
  • If so, I actually think the Dave’s want us to get relegated so they are not put under pressure by fans to spend money in the transfer market
  • Lukerz said:

Moyes and Phil Neville to West Ham for rest of season according to reports

What a shocking club we are. Owners need to go before anyone else
  • edited November 2017
    Honestly if it’s Moyes it will be #g&sout

Anything to avoid getting their money out.
  • The daves will appoint Moyes and then a few months later will claim they were within a hair’s breath of getting Ancelotti
  • Posted this in the match thread but probably should have done it here:

Whilst I agree that I do not really want Moyes as our manager, seriously what better/bigger managers would touch us at the moment? Again, I'm not the biggest fan of the Dave's but they can't get who won't come.

What manager would you suggest if we sack Billic Lukerz? Same question to others too, because I cannot think of an ambitious, ball playing, respected manager who I believe would join us in our current situation?
  • Florin we couldn't get a manager to come in before and went for Bilic as about 5th choice. We are a poisoned chalice as we are poor beyond belief.
  • edited November 2017
    Relax I have just worked it out......... who makes us least likely to get relegated ? big Sam, but as the fans would see it as a backward step the board need soften them up so have created a story of Moyes, then upped it another level by including Neville to make us actually happy we get Sam.

We are falling for their master plan.
  • I can’t see why they’d go for Moyes ahead of Koeman.
  • Because Koeman would want money to buy players.

Moyes on the other hand would come in, immediately declare that the squad is rubbish, not ask for any money to get in more players, and then relegate us. Job done.
  • Florin we couldn't get a manager to come in before and went for Bilic as about 5th choice. We are a poisoned chalice as we are poor beyond belief.
  • Jorderz, do you think Koeman would come to us at this point in time?
  • I think we have good players and a big stadium. We’re playing terribly but Koeman would be lucky to get a better squad with better long-term prospects than us, IMO.
This discussion has been closed.