Slaven Bilic named as West Ham Manager (09.06.15)

Comments

• I believe Slav will still be in charge v Spurs and v Palace

There's no way he can continue after that last night. Surely
  • edited October 2017
    I don’t disagree with you Twist I just don’t on balance think he will be sacked - I think the Dave’s are determined to only make any assessment at the end of the season

Personally I think the time for change has come and is in fact well overdue. On paper there’s more than enough quality in our squad. Bottom line is our manager isn’t getting them to play anywhere near their potential and this problem has existed for a long time now.
  • I thought he should have gone after Newcastle game and nothing I’ve seen since then has changed my mind. We have a good, creative squad, yet Bilic has made it both toothless and spineless.

Take Payet and the Upton Park euphoria/emotion out of his first season and it would be going just like this one and last season, IMO.

Time for a change.
  • Another thing that annoys me is we've had five defeats in our first 9 matches and after each one, one or more of the players have said "we are disappointed but will work hard on the training pitch to put things right" but they don't put things right so do they work hard?
    When the OS posts pictures of training sessions it generally seems to be jogging or exercising. I'm not confident any of our "coaching" staff have any actual tactical nous at all so can't really set plans for opposition teams and from what I've seen of them pitch side during matches none of them show any kind of animation or frustration at what's going on during the game. I know losing your rag doesn't really help but it might send a message to the players that they're not happy.
    With the way things are going in modern society with Cambridge Uni warning students there may be sex and violence in Shakespeare plays and Glasgow Uni warning theology students they may get upset when they read about the crucifixion but surely we are not taking the players sensibilities into account to the extreme by not telling them that they are playing rubbish (substitute more apt word at your leisure)
  • Did anyone read that piece about Jose Fonte commenting on the incredible level of detail Poch went about his work behind the scenes, assessing players’ body language even when putting on their training bibs etc. Although a figure of ridicule when it comes to England, there are even reports on how detailed and specific Hodgson is too (at club level). Sam too, even though not liked by many (except Twist) was apparently meticulous behind the scenes. You wonder what Slavs approach is behind the scenes. I’m prepared to guess that isn’t akin to the likes of poch, Hodgson, sam etc. Hard work and meticulous, almost obsessive preparation in training will more likely than not yield dividends on the pitch.
  • According to Sky the board are meeting today to discuss his future. They were shocked at what they saw last night.
  • Although aghast, I wasn’t shocked or surprised at all. This has been on the cards for a while, all the signs have been there.
  • Think is he's lost the fans and it looks like he's lost the players they just don't look like team battling for the manager

That is probably on paper our strongest XI and we were thumped by a team who couldn't score away from home (just like Southampton who couldn't score and Newcastle who couldn't score)

He needs to go the whole club has turned toxic the club needs fresh ideas

What's worrying for me is all season n we have no game plan.....we pass it around aimlessly then cross from positions of no threat

Bilic has to go
  • According to Sky the board are meeting today to discuss his future. They were shocked at what they saw last night.

They're trying to figure out the cheapest way to sack him and who would be the cheapest to bring in
  • So Barracks, when we’re you going to tell us we would get thrashed by Brighton, play abysmally and the stadium would be emptying out 10 minutes from time? ;hmm
  • A terrible performance in a terrible season we have been poor for most of last season and this getting by on scrappy 1-0 wins against the bottom teams. I like Slav as a person but the team just seem to be going backwards and the generally level of apathy amongst the fans is going up . We need a change ,time for Slav to go
  • he has to go now if they are going to do it, you don't sack him after spurs surely....imagine giving that ammunition to them.
  • Unless they want to give him
    A chance v Palace...
  • Does it matter who is n charge, can’t play any worse
  • Would hope so but you never know
  • Be careful what you wish for. On the other hand, who'd heard much about Poch & Silva before they arrived in the Prem? Right now,I feel Slav and his backroom boys all have to go, and I'd be ok with a boring but organized manager to steady the boat. Coleman for instance, but there must be others out there.
  • Neville talks a good fight
    Pards is out there
    Moyes,,, no
    Banetezzzz moo
    Anclottie noo
    bfs noo
    Shaky noo
    Tinker man ?
  • Who’s the smooth dud sack by man c
  • Sack the coaches under Slav
  • imagelost said:

Who’s the smooth dud sack by man c

Mancini
  • There are unconfirmed reports that Bilic has been either sacked or resigned.
  • C + H saying no meeting and David gold is away ,wish I was ;whistle
  • imagelost said:

Does it matter who is n charge, can’t play any worse

It absolutely does matter.
  • edited October 2017
    The club have said there is a meeting between owners and manager tomorrow.

Gold is flying back for it.
  • Sullivan interviewed yesterday said Slav will get the full 3 years of his contract

They’re doing the same thing as they did with SA in his final season.
  • Sullivan interviewed yesterday said Slav will get the full 3 years of his contract

They’re doing the same thing as they did with SA in his final season.

Surely not after the Brighton result? It feels like sticking with Abraham Grant...
  • SCHB that interview was earlier in the day. His face towards the end of the game was like thunder and watching about 20,000 people streaming towards the exits with 15-20 minutes to go would have been a nightmare.
This discussion has been closed.