Slaven Bilic named as West Ham Manager (09.06.15)

Comments

• I would agree Baracks, they were both better captains. Name a better one in the current squad?
  • edited October 2017
    After Brighton debacle I wanted sb out
    But playing spuds team who are doing well, 3rd in league , even at deluded self’s
    we would not be in top 4
    I don’t think it’s fair to include this game as one slav must win games
  • Reid, Zag, Hart
  • edited October 2017
    Purds ! Talks big
    can he do the job?
  • No, he failed before.
  • Wom
    This should be a better team?
  • edited October 2017
    Jezz it’s quite in here
  • I gave up at half time ;weep
  • Tbf even if we win this it means nothing if we crumble at palace at the weekend....
  • edited October 2017
    Does anyone think Bilic planed this
    Right we will let spuds score 2 goals, to give them a chance, then we will go mad
  • edited October 2017
    ;hmm slav should get a new contract for that ;whistle
  • It’s strange ol world
  • It caught my eye because it refers to Bilic, but I found it an interesting insight into the business of managing generally.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/26/bilic-abuse-fans-questioning-desire-football-manager-liam-rosenior
  • Thanks for that Mrs G ;ok Very nice to read. SB is clearly a very respectful and respected man
  • Shame some of our fans ain’t
  • A good read ;ok

I don't think many doubt Slav as a man as he has always come across well, not only decent and sporting but a great passion for the game. It is a high stress and high stakes game and if you will enjoy the feeling of 50,000 fans chanting Super Slav then he will accept the other side of that coin I feel sure.

The essence of the stress and stakes is that there can be no other profession that has 50'000 people appraising your performance at every move and no other profession for which the results of your work are so instantly viewable, week after week. I would say to Rosenior that this is the nature of the job, it is not for the faint hearted, you will be held aloft on shoulders and also kicked when you are on the floor (metaphorically) and if that's not for you then become a kit man or physio when you retire, or maybe go retro and open a pub.
  • edited October 2017
    I thought Bilic should have gone after the Swansea game, I’ve seen nothing that makes me consider changing my mind.
  • He needs to go

Simple as that

Not good enough
  • He's going nowhere after that win vs Spurs, bought him at least another few more weeks
  • 3 points off midtable. Should be given more time.
  • stays for me, or walks at his own speed

He had little choice today, injuries to two defenders and Zab on a yellow
  • West ham wanting a manager sacked after an away draw SMH
  • Should have been sacked ages ago.
  • Europe cup done it for me
  • He just doesn't seem to know what's needed

I've supported him wholeheartedly throughout, but enough is enough
  • edited October 2017

West ham wanting a manager sacked after an away draw SMH

It's got nothing to do with the fact we drew today. Our football has been poor all season. And a lot of last season too.

If we were winning every week the performances wouldn't matter, but to play as badly as we have been and have only 9 points from ten games (including Huddersfield, Brighton, Newcastle, Palace, Swansea, Burnley, Southampton and West Brom) is just not good enough.
  • Me too and agree Expat
  • The comment you often hear made about other clubs is "How many of their players would you want playing for West Ham?"

I have always been largely pro-Slav but I am now asking myself the question "How many of the other 19 clubs in the Premier League would want Slaven Bilic as their manager?"

• edited October 2017
    It's always nice to beat Tottenham but IMHO the Premier League is more important. The win last Wednesday probably gave Slaven a few more weeks before we hit another bad patch of results and he is one defeat away from the sack again. Whilst he can't be blamed for a couple of brainless decisions today we can ask why we didn't continue to attack and get a third goal which would surely have killed off Palace off. I could understand trying to defend the lead a bit more if we had a top rated CDM, now why didn't we get one of those in the last window? ;doh
  • edited October 2017
    For me slav feels like impact manger, a bit like ,,,,,,,,,; his name escapes me
This discussion has been closed.