Slaven Bilic named as West Ham Manager (09.06.15)

Comments

• If so, I actually think the Dave’s want us to get relegated so they are not put under pressure by fans to spend money in the transfer market
  • Lukerz said:

Moyes and Phil Neville to West Ham for rest of season according to reports

What a shocking club we are. Owners need to go before anyone else
  • edited November 2017
    Honestly if it’s Moyes it will be #g&sout

Anything to avoid getting their money out.
  • The daves will appoint Moyes and then a few months later will claim they were within a hair’s breath of getting Ancelotti
  • Posted this in the match thread but probably should have done it here:

Whilst I agree that I do not really want Moyes as our manager, seriously what better/bigger managers would touch us at the moment? Again, I'm not the biggest fan of the Dave's but they can't get who won't come.

What manager would you suggest if we sack Billic Lukerz? Same question to others too, because I cannot think of an ambitious, ball playing, respected manager who I believe would join us in our current situation?
  • Florin we couldn't get a manager to come in before and went for Bilic as about 5th choice. We are a poisoned chalice as we are poor beyond belief.
  • edited November 2017
    Relax I have just worked it out......... who makes us least likely to get relegated ? big Sam, but as the fans would see it as a backward step the board need soften them up so have created a story of Moyes, then upped it another level by including Neville to make us actually happy we get Sam.

We are falling for their master plan.
  • I can’t see why they’d go for Moyes ahead of Koeman.
  • Because Koeman would want money to buy players.

Moyes on the other hand would come in, immediately declare that the squad is rubbish, not ask for any money to get in more players, and then relegate us. Job done.
  • Florin we couldn't get a manager to come in before and went for Bilic as about 5th choice. We are a poisoned chalice as we are poor beyond belief.
  • Jorderz, do you think Koeman would come to us at this point in time?
  • I think we have good players and a big stadium. We’re playing terribly but Koeman would be lucky to get a better squad with better long-term prospects than us, IMO.
  • London Club
    Top 20 in terms of revenue
    60,000 seater stadium
    How hard can it be
  • If Watford and Huddersfield can manage it...
  • edited November 2017
    Sweepy , all that is true and pre-season makes us a good 'project' and an attractive job. However right now we are mid season and potential relegation candidates and that changes things drastically, with players who aren't looking good. Managers fear their reputation being damaged (look at what happened with Koeman) and wouldn't want to touch us at this moment in time when we are in this situation.
  • So that just leaves “you know who”....
  • But the thing is, if you're out of work as a manager, you rarely get to take a job with a club in great shape, on and off the pitch. Otherwise, why would that club even be looking for a new manager?

I'm sure somebody like Koeman would look at our potential rather than our current form, and believe in himself to improve us.
  • So that just leaves “you know who”....

He's got Twist's backing, so that's good enough for me...
  • Jorderz fair enough if that's what you believe ;ok
    (And thanks for answering the question).

Personally I don't think he would join us. We are looking pretty awful at the moment and I think he would see us as too big a risk.
  • Please not moyes and/or Neville.

I'd rather our chairmen left first and then Bilic tbh
  • For me, the only reasons Bilic did well his first season was that he had the defensive base already in place from BFS, plus Payet. Once he had a chance to change the mentality of the players to his tactics and lost Payet we have seen the true Bilic team and tactics, which has been poor to say the least.
  • sweepy23 said:

London Club
    Top 20 in terms of revenue
    60,000 seater stadium
    How hard can it be

You forgot 'owners trying to do everything on the cheap'
  • There could be a few International managers available after the 14th of November so
    we might be able to attract one of those say Martin O'Neill or Michael O'Neill if they fail to qualify or even Chris Coleman as Wales aren't going to Russia?

How long did it take Sunderland to sack Simon Grayson during the week? i believe it was reported to be 5 minutes!

We desperately need to do something soon. It appears the Spurs win has just delayed his departure?

The next six games don't look too clever do they?
  • The first eleven weren't too clever either were they.
  • Probably needs to go, hate to say it because really wanted him to be a success, walk away Slav, thanks for the last season at the Boleyn where everyone was on your side

No need for abuse to a man who has acted with the utmost class. Shame to see some of our fans go that way but that’s football for ya

Totally agree Slizz.
  • I don't believe that any decent manager would view us as "a poisoned chalice" etc. We have played 11 games with 27 to go so if a potential manager wouldn't want to come for fear of his reputation being sullied (when we are relegated) he hasn't much confidence in his own abilities and I wouldn't want to see him here.
    I'm with Sweepy in his assessment of our attributes as seen by a potential manager.

What we cannot do is the same thing game after game (continue with Slav) hoping for a different outcome. That way madness lies.
  • Jinxed on KUMB says Dyche is the main target. ;hmm
  • I think it's Florin who's said he'd like to see Bielsa at West Ham - if I remember right we interviewed him and he turned us down before we appointed Bilic, but he told the co-owners that if he could sign one player it would be Payet...

Maybe he's too keen to stay at Lille to prove a point, but I hadn't realised what a state they were in right now. Could "the best coach in the world" (according to Pochettino and Guardiola) be tempted to our tinpot but rather interesting outfit? I'd love to see him here too.

I saw a rumour a few weeks back that we were interested in Julian Nagelsmann, and after being named Germany's coach of last season at 29, I'd love that to work out, but would imagine he'd rather wait for a bigger club in case it all goes wrong at West Ham.

Failing those two, how about Curbs? Or Curbs and Harry together?

I'd rather them than Moyes. And if we get Dyche I'll just be shouting - clear your throat mate during every presser and interview. Which is my way of avoiding a judgement on whether he's good enough - I'm actually leaning towards it being too early in the season to pronounce him a coaching genius.
  • If so, I actually think the Dave’s want us to get relegated so they are not put under pressure by fans to spend money in the transfer market

Really?

Relax I have just worked it out......... who makes us least likely to get relegated ? big Sam, but as the fans would see it as a backward step the board need soften them up so have created a story of Moyes, then upped it another level by including Neville to make us actually happy we get Sam.

We are falling for their master plan.

You may be happy, I wouldn't be.
This discussion has been closed.