Slaven Bilic named as West Ham Manager (09.06.15)

Comments

• West Ham 0-5 Liverpool you heard it here first ;weep
  • I know Pep called the white half of North London "The Harry Kane" team, based on what has happened since a certain Frenchman left it appears one player can make a lot of difference! ;weep
  • Has to go for me

Just has no identity of what he wants and how he wants his team to play and he's in his 3rd year

Over achieved in a season where Chelsea finished 10th, Liveprool 8th and Leicester won the league

Players are a good bunch just feel they don't want to play under him as the desire isn't there anymore
  • West ham wanting a manager sacked after an away draw SMH

It isn’t solely that, and it’s churlish to suggest that’s the only reason people want him gone.

It’s the entirety of last season and the start of this. The inability to even remotely address our continual problems. The conviction that under Bilic this scrappy, disorganised, mistake-ridden team is all we will ever be, a team so many fans are fed up of watching and a team which provides extremely little enjoyment even when they win.

You can shake your head, but this is a bad side to watch defensively and offensively, and Bilic does not seem capable of doing anything about it.
  • need someone new in before the January window. Bilic must be amongst the worst managers we have had .......and that is saying something.
  • Jorderz,

The problem is we are told we aren't allowed to aspire to greater levels by the traditionalists "It's the West Ham Way". Regretably we appear neither to have the manager nor the financial clout (owners) to be able to compete and look to have to struggle most seasons unless we can unearth a couple of gems. I don't think we would lose our identity if we were regularly at the upper end of the table. We didn't in 1986 when we finished 3rd.
  • edited October 2017
    just getting up here in Canada ,is Bilic stll our leader ;whistle
  • Two words
    Astra
    Brighton
  • Bilic isn't a bad manager, he just isn't a manager to take us to the next level.
  • He's currently struggling to keep us at this level.
  • edited October 2017
    When I saw “Kevin Nolan”, “Notts county”, “sam allardyce” and “champions league” all in the space of a few words, I felt obliged to click on the link purely out of curiosity....
  • Yes Nolan for sure, he will do a SA / Curbs Job for someone, trouble is that isn’t good enough for many fans these days, they took the words “try and close the gap to the next level” far too seriously, some even thought it was promised
  • What really angers me
    Is we spend time effort money plus game time, fair play and luck
    To get European football , and it was just pushed aside like a warm up.
    Yes we beat Arsenal and other teams now long distance memory’
    We strive to make a name for our selfs, just blown apart in preseason.
    I will go back 2006 cup finial that was day out but
    It was a game we should of never have lost, and player I thought was ok got the blame
    Rant over ;yercoat
  • I still can't make up my mind but I'm running out of patience. Two points were thrown away yesterday,& yes Antonio was at fault & Slav can't legislate for that, but we concede WAY too many late goals that cost us points. Even the one good season we had with him we still managed to throw away points when games should have been sewn up. I haven't voted in the poll because I like him & don't particularly want him sacked but the late goals issue needs to be addressed urgently,whoever is in charge.
  • I said last season and i still think its true this season we are not fit enough
    this is why we always let late goals in the players are simply knackered .

Bilic has had enough games now he cannot turn this round imo we are going down
    unless they do something quickly .
  • Wasn't late I'm the game fatigue a problem on his arrival, and then something that BFS addressed ;hmm
  • I don't think we are anywhere fit enough either but I see that Slav has said we had loads of energy on Saturday so he obviously doesn't think it.
  • edited October 2017
    What worries me is that the manager says ‘as long as I see us giving everything we have, I’m happy. And we did that on Saturday”.

If giving everything results in 19 shots to 6 and 40% odd possession to the leagues bottom side, then god knows what we will be like when we don’t give it all we’ve got!
  • some say fans don't understand football ... you don't have to have your FA badges
    to see we have poor tactics very weak leadership during the game , and how many more penalty's are we going to give away this season , we must be top of that league table to me this explains many things to do with game management and Fatigue

• We let in a few late goals under SA as well, sometimes it’s not about just “fitness” it’s everyone being in the right place doing their job when defending

Saturday, Kouyate and Rice, right place yes, did their job, no
  • We let in a few late goals under SA as well, sometimes it’s not about just “fitness” it’s everyone being in the right place doing their job when defending

• edited October 2017

show many more penalty's are we going to give away this season , we must be top of that league table to me this explains many things to do with game management and Fatigue

We are, currently, with 3 ;ok

However, given the many instances where penalties are given that shouldn't be or not given when they should be (as strenuously argued, on both sides, by fans of all clubs) I don't think too much weight can be given to the number of penalties given against us as 'explaining' anything.

Unless it is bias and a conspiracy on the part of the referees.

;whistle
  • 3 pens in 10 games is stupid. It explains how poor the game management of the defence is.
  • I don't care what happened under Alladyce, I don't care what happened under Grant, Roader, he who shall not be named or Rednapp.

I care about what's happening now!

But many weren’t happy with the overall style and pushed for change, well now we’ve got what I was always worried about, what appears to be no style.

• 3 pens in 10 games is stupid. It explains how poor the game management of the defence is.

One was harsh, two needless reds also hasn’t helped, all avoidable.....

I reckon we’ve thrown away 5 points in total
  • Does anyone know what the next target (if any) the daves have set him is? Because by virtue of the fact he is still our manager he appears to have passed the previous one ;hmm
  • Do you know that they have set him any?

One was harsh, two needless reds also hasn’t helped, all avoidable.....

I reckon we’ve thrown away 5 points in total
    Its all avoidable otherwise it would never happen. Fact is it has!
This discussion has been closed.