Slaven Bilic named as West Ham Manager (09.06.15)

Comments

• We let Sam go to move on from that way of thinking/playing. Bringing in Moyes would be such an uninspiring appointment, even as an interim.
  • I've got to the point where I'd even take Harry for a short time.
  • So would I Ham. We already know the catchphrases and bare bone excuses too. Oh and hes one of us of course.

We'll have Crouch and Defore on board in no time! ;wink
  • ;nonono

I’d rather Dyche.

But please not Moyes.
  • Hamstew said:

See you all in the championship ;ok

If we do actually point Moyes i hope we go down.
  • Bilic will be sacked today and replaced by David Moyes, according to Lee Clayton in the Mail.
  • I’d rather even westley were given the reigns for an interim period rather than Moyes
  • edited November 2017
    Sky now reporting the news about Bilic’s future being decided within the next 48 hours and the club are in talks with David Moyes over an interim role.

Sky say David Moyes is attractive to the owners as he will demand no fee as he is unattached.
  • edited November 2017

Hamstew said:

What an extraordinary thing to say.

I can't understand any fan ever saying they want to see their team relegated.
  • I think we need to hope Watford turn over Everton today and that Everton get to Moyes first
  • So sad if true IMO
    Moyes, yeh totally inspiring ;angry
  • Moyes is next level
  • On the bright side, the last Scottish manager we had...

Oh.

;weep
  • edited November 2017
    Can we all club together to come up with a list of semi-positives about David Moyes as our manager?

I’ll start:

It’s not Steve McClaren
  • Lukerz said:

Can we all club together to come up with a list of semi-positives about David Moyes as our manager?

I’ll start:

It’s not Steve McClaren

I'm sure I will think of something in a minute.
  • Bazshuayi said:

1) I have consistently stated that I wanted Bielsa (everyone is a risk in their own way. Who'd heard of Silva before he went to Hull?)

2) BFS would no way come back to us just to take abuse

3) I never wanted Bilic as manager (that doesnt mean I dont like him as a person) but I swear if we appoint Moyes/Neville I will quit supporting West Ham (and have the easy life supporting Man City and Liverpool on any given week)

4) I mean it ;angry

p.s I voted for Bilic to be sacked. However, if the alternative is Moyes, I'd vote differently

All but 3)

Moyes no no no no no no
  • Moyes is uninspiring but we don't have a lot of options if we bring back Sam people will be u happy Harry people will be unhappy . Dyche maybe would be v organised and hard working but any club with a decent manager won't be letting them go at this stage of the season. The last thing we need is another month of no plan or direction aimlessly heading towards relegation. Bilic has had more than another time and backing he needs to go now .
  • This club has consistently amazed me over the years with the way various owners have carried on but I have to say the Moyes appointment, if true, will probably surpass the lot. Was it Mark Noble who said that the club is no longer being run like a circus?
    Oh and the potential irony this Season of us being relegated and the Blunts being promoted is another bridge too far. I cannot at the moment think of a single positive.
    ;doh ;weep
  • edited November 2017
    If the purse strings are drawn tight then, yes we will have few options. So we need to draw up a list of out of work managers who may have once managed in this league

Moyes
    Pardew
    Curbs
    Hiddink
    Grant
    Sam
    Craig Shakespeare
    Harry

• Lukerz said:

I’ll start:

It’s not Steve McClaren

The only positive is that he won't cost anything.
    That's the problem. For the owners that fact outweighs any positives from any other manager - Silva, Wagner, Dyche - all better managers but would cost money.
  • Kevin Nolan. You know it makes sense.
  • I don't like Koeman at all, but if it's out of Moyes or him , give Koeman till the end of the season to prove his worth..
    Saying that I don't really want him, not sure if he'd be keen , but pls NOT Moyes ....
  • Twist

Why on earth would Dyche or Wagner want to come to us? Regardless of money.

People keep trotting out this nonsense about our owners not wanting to appoint anyone who would cost money as though it was a given fact, instead of made up old rubbish.

I suspect if Dyche made it known he would come to us, the owners would happily stump up the required amount.

But he won't.

If we are going to get shot of Slav, the only managers who might come to us are those who are out of work.

I can't think of any manager in the league, that we might think would be a good appointment, who would want to leave his club for us.

• I’m not unhappy about Moyes.
  • So what’s the thought process behind this “interim manager” notion?

We get to the end of the season and hope there are different out of work manager’s around ? Because if the owners are not prepared to pursue someone already in a role now then will they change their tact in June? Who knows, they may well do, it’s a genuine question.
  • baracks

We have no idea if the 'interim' thing is anything other than hot air.

I'd think that there would be a better chance of getting a currently employed new manager in the close season than part way through.
  • I’m not unhappy about Moyes.

U r entitled to your opinion
    ;ok
    Without a doubt u r in a VERY small minority among fans..
    If he comes, I really hope u r right ;ok
    But for me this would represent a useless appointment IMO of course!
  • Hamstew said:

Call yourself a fan? ;hmm
  • Jay

To fair, we don’t really know if there is only a small minority happy to accept Moyes.
  • I’ve thought of two semi-positive thoughts about Moyes

1 ) I think he will inherit a squad with much better quality on paper than he had at Sunderland

2 ) The bar is currently set so low that it would actually be very difficult for any manager to come in and stuff it up further

Perhaps the owners have an insight into things like his training methods and think these are far better than what we have right now?

That said it is still Moyes ;nonono for me
This discussion has been closed.