TV and Films

Comments

• Have I Got News For You is back
  • The Doctor is back.

Who ?

• Starting watching the Lethal Weapon series good popcorn fun....
  • Disappointing ending to Broadchurch IMO
  • Yeah I thought that too.
  • got told to watch Rick and Morty. Hooked after series 1. Not sure its something you older generation ;lol would get into much.
  • Pesky kids...
  • Not sure my mum would let me stay up and watch it. ;angry
  • got told to watch Rick and Morty. Hooked after series 1. Not sure its something you older generation ;lol would get into much.

;hug ;hug ;hug ;hug ;hug ;hug ;hug YES! Its awesome, really looking forward to season 3!
  • http://www.whu606.com/uploads/imageupload/095/USS95KRR51T6.png

This was on at the edinburgh festival this year and had good reviews of anyone is interested.
  • Twist - what did you think of homeland mate? ;ok
  • edited April 2017
    Really disappointing mate.

Spoiler below
  • Twist's spoiler here:

Thought they built it up well and it could have been really good but for me it looks like they ran out of time! They rushed in to the Quinn incident. The car in front of them blew up, supposedly with Saul in it. Yet they do the '6 weeks later' thing and he is fine?! Dar adal arrested? How? Surely they would have arrested that 'podcast guy' - can't remember his name? Also what about that building where Max was working at? Was that discovered? I just feel they didn't explain anything. What do you think?
  • edited April 2017
    To hide spoilers, you can enclose the text in the following tags:

Text here

Text here

Although, for some reason, when I tried to edit Twist's post, it ignored the tags, which is why I reposted.
  • edited May 2017
    I just watched the first episode of American Gods on Amazon Prime, absolutely loved it (Ian McShane as Mr. Wednesday is inspired) but then I loved the book just as I've loved everything by Neil Gaiman

Looking forward to "Good Omens"

Amazon have a good record on adaptions, Preacher was excellent even though the TV series went on a total different arc from the comics, they took the original ideas and created their own storyline.
  • Did Terry Pratchet not co-write Good Omens or am I thinking of something else ;hmm
  • ;thumbsup
  • So is American Gods along the same lines?
  • Into the Badlands second series ;cool and Nick Frost is in it.
  • I just watched the first episode of American Gods on Amazon Prime, absolutely loved it (Ian McShane as Mr. Wednesday is inspired) but then I loved the book just as I've loved everything by Neil Gaiman

Looking forward to "Good Omens"

Amazon have a good record on adaptions, Preacher was excellent even though the TV series went on a total different arc from the comics, they took the original ideas and created their own storyline.

Going to have to Concur on American Gods great so far. Some people reckon it could get big ala GoT / Walking Dead big.
  • edited May 2017

Going to have to Concur on American Gods great so far. Some people reckon it could get big ala GoT / Walking Dead big.

Unlikely, the book comes to a pretty conclusive end so unless they change things drastically I'm not sure how they could continue with a second series.

Game of Thrones is based on seven books rather than one, two of which haven't been published yet. Walking Dead is based on a comic that is still going, its up to issue 167 while the TV series is up to issue 114 or thereabouts
  • I have now watched two episodes of American Gods. What on Earth is it all about?
  • I spent an evening watching the Danish film Land Of Mine which was nominated for an Oscar in the Foreign Language Film category. Rather good too.

*** SPOILER ALERT ***
    The film features 1.5 million land mines. Some of them go off. Some people get hurt.
  • Ade, a light hearted family comedy then? ;hmm
  • Anybody seeking respite from #transferwindowmayhem in the new GBBO?

Any predictions for who will win?
  • I've recorded the new GBBO but have yet to watch any.... Is it any good?
  • edited August 2017
    It's much the same as before, it seems to me. (I watched it without adverts.) I think the new Mel'n'Sue will soon find their mojo/own style.

I think the first couple of episodes in each series are the least enjoyable because there are so many bakers - the thing I enjoy most is the 'characters' and their trials and tribulations, which is all bit superficial at the start when each baker gets about a minute of coverage. So I wasn't madly enthusiastic, but that's par for the course ;hmm