TV and Films

Comments

• So is American Gods along the same lines?
  • Into the Badlands second series ;cool and Nick Frost is in it.
  • I just watched the first episode of American Gods on Amazon Prime, absolutely loved it (Ian McShane as Mr. Wednesday is inspired) but then I loved the book just as I've loved everything by Neil Gaiman

Looking forward to "Good Omens"

Amazon have a good record on adaptions, Preacher was excellent even though the TV series went on a total different arc from the comics, they took the original ideas and created their own storyline.

Going to have to Concur on American Gods great so far. Some people reckon it could get big ala GoT / Walking Dead big.
  • edited May 2017

Going to have to Concur on American Gods great so far. Some people reckon it could get big ala GoT / Walking Dead big.

Unlikely, the book comes to a pretty conclusive end so unless they change things drastically I'm not sure how they could continue with a second series.

Game of Thrones is based on seven books rather than one, two of which haven't been published yet. Walking Dead is based on a comic that is still going, its up to issue 167 while the TV series is up to issue 114 or thereabouts
  • I have now watched two episodes of American Gods. What on Earth is it all about?
  • I spent an evening watching the Danish film Land Of Mine which was nominated for an Oscar in the Foreign Language Film category. Rather good too.

*** SPOILER ALERT ***
    The film features 1.5 million land mines. Some of them go off. Some people get hurt.
  • Ade, a light hearted family comedy then? ;hmm
  • Anybody seeking respite from #transferwindowmayhem in the new GBBO?

Any predictions for who will win?
  • I've recorded the new GBBO but have yet to watch any.... Is it any good?
  • edited August 2017
    It's much the same as before, it seems to me. (I watched it without adverts.) I think the new Mel'n'Sue will soon find their mojo/own style.

I think the first couple of episodes in each series are the least enjoyable because there are so many bakers - the thing I enjoy most is the 'characters' and their trials and tribulations, which is all bit superficial at the start when each baker gets about a minute of coverage. So I wasn't madly enthusiastic, but that's par for the course ;hmm
  • ;ok We'll give it a go. Anybody put a rouge ingredient in a chocolate cake yet?

• There was a mistake with a courgette....
  • Oooo jolly good.
  • Are we allowed to discuss Game of Thrones :) has been some time passed since the series finished ?
  • Yeold NO. I repeat NO. Please give me another couple of weeks! (Hopefully less, if so I'll let you know!)
  • edited September 2017

Are we allowed to discuss Game of Thrones :) has been some time passed since the series finished ?

Some great episodes but rubbish finale. I predicted two of the main things to my friend, including the ending before we even started watching. Feature-length borefest. I want to fight the writers.
  • Maybe a separate thread for those who have finished watching?
  • Yeold - I've just finished watching series 2 on Amazon so no spoilers, please
  • edited September 2017
    can you slow coaches please catch up. Well actually we do have to wait another 18 months for the final series so you got some time I guess.
  • few films I seen recently:-

Hitmans Bodyguard - Great film
    Dark Tower - Really disappointed with this film
    Atomic Blonde - Average film
    Dunkirk - Good film
    America Made - Good film

• Traded in your season ticket at West Ham for a season ticket at Odeon Yeold?? ;lol

I've heard good reports from many about Dunkirk, will try and catch it when it makes it to the small screen. I've a mate who was desperately looking forward to Dark Tower as he loved the books - seems he may be disappointed.
  • I can't add much to this page as I've not been watching much new TV or film lately.

I did get a nine letter on countdown the other night though ;wahoo
  • ;lol ;wahoo
  • Despite a big effort on my part not to, I'm quite liking the new GBBO.
  • edited September 2017
    I hated GBBO before. Now I really like it. But I didn't like the old lot.
  • I'm up to season four of Game of Thrones. During the fight in Episode 8 "The Mountain and the Viper" did anyone else think......
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
  • Kingsman 2 was awesome