TV and Films

Comments

• new bladerunner was alright
  • I tried to watch Blade Runner (the original) with some friends last night. We gave up half way through. It wasn't very good. Why do people like it?

Which version? There was the original version with the voiceover, the Director's Cut of 1992 and the Final Cut in 2007. I still prefer the original

The greatest thing about Blade Runner is the soundtrack by Vangelis and the design, they tried to make it look as much like an old Film Noir as possible. They even went so far as sourcing old 1940s and 1950s fabrics to use for the costumes (I had a mate working in "frocks" on the set)
    Final Cut. I've had that question a lot, are they really so different?

Yeah I did appreciate a lot about the visuals. Will probably give it another go.

Anyway, if anyone hasn't watched Get Out yet, they should. One of the best films I've watched in ages. Technically a horror film but not really - very smart and laced with humour.
  • You know I watch the old BR in the week and I didn't like it as much as I remembered.

Now I realise it didn't have the voice over... Makes a huge difference for me...
  • I saw the new one and its good but very slow its very film noir if you are expecting lots of action you will be disappointed. Its has similar themes to the first one and the final 45 mins the film picks up. I reckon 8 out of 10 if you like your films to make you think 6 out of 10 if you want action. Harrison Ford actual does some decent acting and Ryan Gosling was better than I thought he would be.
  • edited October 2017
    But you know Harrison Ford got paid a truck load for what was a very minor bit of acting in comparison to Ryan Gosling.
  • Lucky Mr Ford must have a good agent ;star
  • an amazing one if what is true about his Star Wars deal is true. Something like he didn't get paid but instead had a percentage cut in all Star Wars Merchandise and Star Wars related sales in everything. You talk about actors getting paid millions. Ford will be rolling in the hundreds of millions when you account for how much Star Wars merch and so fourth gets sold.
  • Dont suppose he got paid much for Indianna Jones either ;lol
  • Alec Guiness star wars contract was 2% of gross royalties paid, made him an absolute fortune
  • an amazing one if what is true about his Star Wars deal is true. Something like he didn't get paid but instead had a percentage cut in all Star Wars Merchandise and Star Wars related sales in everything. You talk about actors getting paid millions. Ford will be rolling in the hundreds of millions when you account for how much Star Wars merch and so fourth gets sold.

That was Alec Guinness not Harrison Ford. He supposedly told the BBC he wanted to play "Smiley" in "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy", the Beeb said they couldn't afford his salary and he said he'd do it for nothing
  • edited October 2017
    I heard it was Ford also for the last star wars in order for him to comeback as he didnt want to comeback. Also on the premise that han solo was killed off too so he wouldn't have to reappear again.
  • ;nonono

Plot Spoiler!!!

• Its being 2 years and talked about and all over the internet. Hard to not know about it
  • I live a sheltered life ;whistle
  • The apprentice 11/10/17
    Lord sugar to Karen brady
    On summoning up a 5 star hotel make over
    West Ham's trophy room has more in it!!!
    Karen was silent
  • More what in it? ;puzzled
  • we have a trophy cabinet?
  • Well, you wouldn't just stick the Inter Toto Cup or the UEFA Fair Play award in the boot room, would you? ;whistle
  • Didn't we get a trophy for winning the Champ Playoff?

Man Utd, Arsenal, City, Spurs don't have one of them.... coyi
  • I really recommend Wind River. A murder/ thriller sort of thing set on an Indian reservation in Wyoming during winter.

***SPOILER ALERT***
    A young woman is found dead on the Wind River Reservation during winter. And someone is responsible!
  • edited October 2017
    ;nonono ;whome
  • edited November 2017
    Films:

don't watch Surbibicon from George Clooney, worst movie of the year possibly decade.

Thor: Ragnarok was good fun, looking forward to Justice League and Star Wars.

Checking out Murder on the Orient express soon.

TV:

Walking Dead is back not bad but not great yet either at the moment hoping for some gritty stuff to go down soon.

I found out they did a season 2 of the Shannara Chroniicle on Channel 5 it was so bad it was good so definitely getting on that bandwagon again.

Lucifer on Amazon Prime still good

started watching Preacher (bit weird but Dominic Cooper is a baller)
  • ;ok.

Stranger Things on Netflix is very good.
  • oh yes stranger things season 2 finished it all in one day on a mass binge fest was very good. Be interesting how they do a season 3.
  • Love/loved Stranger Things. New Walking Dead pretty pants at the minute, and a bit all over the place and confusing. Don`t really get any time for telly now, and haven`t watched any of the common/popular box sets, but one thing we have been watching, which I think is brilliantly written and acted, is 13 Reasons Why. About half way through and it is pretty powerful stuff ;ok

And one other thing, when did "series" become "season" ??
  • oh yes stranger things season 2 finished it all in one day on a mass binge fest was very good. Be interesting how they do a season 3.

;lol

I'm still waiting to get round to Season 1!
  • edited November 2017
    Madcap Americanisms creep into everything. Even in the FA Cup the rounds are termed differently especially on the BBC. The first qualifying round is something like the round of 764
  • edited November 2017
    Although, if its an American-made programme, I suppose they are entitled to use American terminology when labelling it. ;hmm

Re FA Cup, I've just looked on the BBC website, and they seem to call it Extra Preliminary Round and Qualifyng-First Round.
  • I like lethal weapon. There i said it.

Not loving the second series of preacher but sticking with it.

Thought Jungle was an ok film

Can't wait for peaky blinders.
  • Enjoying Mindhunters on Netflix, just finished the first series.

Depicts the formation of the first FBI serial killer profiling unit, dramatized and yet based on truth, apparently the prison dialogues are reproduced from the tapes of the actual real life interviews.

A bit dark and maybe not everyone’s cup of tea but the tension in the interviews is palpable.