TV and Films

Comments

• Quite like IT
  • Looking forward to Logan :)
  • SuzanneClaret.

I have seen the trailer and it looks brilliant. Is it as good as it looks?
  • It most certainly is Preston.

You pretty much see it from the point of view of the nut job. Really well filmed and superbly acted.
  • Thank you SuzanneClaret, I will be visited a cinema near me very soon.
  • Black sails
    Walking dead
    MARVELS AGENTS OF SHIELD WITH GHOST RIDER!

;wahoo ;wahoo ;wahoo ;wahoo ;wahoo
  • Anyone watch Legion ? I am not sure either way yet but it looks promising
  • Really liking Taboo , so dark and unpredictable Tom Hardy is superb.
  • Hants ;ok agree its probably my favourite thing on at the moment , I like seeing Jonathon Pryce swear filled rants ;lol
  • Apparently I have never ever clicked into this thread before ;hmm

In case anyone is interested, these are the shows I have watched recently:
    - Parks & Recreation
    - Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23
    - Bojack Horseman
    - Jessica Jones / Luke Cage / Daredevil
    - Freaks and Geeks
    - Uncle

Currently I'm watching Orange is the New Black, which is p cool.

Of all of those I would most highly recommend Freaks and Geeks, but all of them are really good.
  • FYI if you liked Vikings then you have to check out Black Sails, its in its last season which has just started. 4 Seasons long but in same vein that Vikings has been done. Takes a while to get going but when it does it is superb.
  • Only like 5 months till Game of Thrones ;wahoo
  • edited February 2017
    might give black sails another go
  • Took me a while to notice black sails is loosely based on Treasure Island, the clue was when Long John Silver emmerged..... ;doh its vg after a slow start..

Also found Medici very absorbing, much like The Borgias and the Tudors which leads me to the excellent Vikings series.. which will have a 5th season starring Henry 8th but not as himself......Helix showed promise but season two has dived into the twilight zone.....Fortitude season 2 very watchable but no one would surely live in such a dour place for real....

Coming soon Last Kingdom, Gotham, Gof T, Colony
  • Anybody giving the new 24 a go?

I'm saving up a few episode before starting.

;wahoo

(NO PLOT SPOILERS, PLEASE)
  • Missed that....will check it out..hope its an improvement on seasons 8 and 9 which both ended lamely imo
  • Anyone been watching Homeland? Its no way as good as it used to be (series 1-3) but still worth a watch.
  • Twist, was a big fan, but maybe the latest season is one too many.....failing to excite me so far
  • Ironduke said:

My current list, Homeland 5/5, Frontier 4/5, Helix 4/5, Hw5-0, 4/5;coming soon Walking Dead, season 7 part 2, The 100 season 5, Colony season 2, Fortitude, season 2, Expanse season 2..all hokum but good stuff....

You got a date for when "the 100" season 5 comes. I didn't think they were doing another season especially how the last episode of season 4 finished. o_O
  • edited February 2017
    Ironduke said:

Took me a while to notice black sails is loosely based on Treasure Island, the clue was when Long John Silver emmerged..... ;doh its vg after a slow start..

Also found Medici very absorbing, much like The Borgias and the Tudors which leads me to the excellent Vikings series.. which will have a 5th season starring Henry 8th but not as himself......Helix showed promise but season two has dived into the twilight zone.....Fortitude season 2 very watchable but no one would surely live in such a dour place for real....

Coming soon Last Kingdom, Gotham, Gof T, Colony

I believe he is playing Alfred the Great :P so looking forward to Season 5 of Vikings !.

The Last kingdom was so bad though, the BBC version of Vikings XD I still watch it though, its one of those its so bad its good. Not sure if it was a great idea to kill off over half the main cast in the last episode though lol, amusing to say the least, thought it was the BBC saying "if you do not want to renew for season 2 please list your name down on this piece of paper so we can kill you off."

I would put Black Sails in the same boat as the 100 and a few other programs, if you can get through Season 1, it picks up a lot going forward into Season 2 with what seems like bigger budgets to do what they probably originally wanted to do In the first season but couldn't.
  • Ironduke said:

Twist, was a big fan, but maybe the latest season is one too many.....failing to excite me so far

Duke ;ok has got a bit slow recently. Last season was terrible. Hoping things pick up in the next few episodes
  • wait the 100 is already back and its on season 4 :o must have been season 3 then where I thought it would have ended due to the last episode !

Looks like I have some episodes to catch up on has already being 2 new episodes and the third one is tonight !
  • I quite liked The last kingdom
  • I read all the books last kingdom is based on so looking forward to its return
  • Yeold...I thought I had read about a 5th Season iof the 100, but cant find a confirmation despite it appearing in google results...these progs come and go, mainly due to lack of budgets .....

Mrs G
    Legacy 24 giot off to pacey start, wont spolit it for you other than to say it was lacking the dusky tone of Jack Bauer and his infamous line "I need you Cloe to do it now!)
  • Is the solution still to torture everyone?
  • Now be fair, Outcast; sometimes the solution was simply to kill them.