TV and Films

Comments

• Took my daughter to see the Lego Batman movie yesterday and it was really good I laughed quite a lot , loads of jokes for adults in it
  • Hacksaw Ridge is excellent, currently in the cinema ;thumbsup
  • edited February 2017

Hacksaw Ridge is excellent, currently in the cinema ;thumbsup

Saw that too - didn't realise it was based on a real story. Vince Vaughan was good.
    Didn't think much to 'Silence' or 'Great Wall of China'
  • I have just watched Allied. Brilliant film.
  • Hacksaw Ridge is excellent, currently in the cinema ;thumbsup

Saw that too - didn't realise it was based on a real story. Vince Vaughan was good.
    Didn't think much to 'Silence' or 'Great Wall of China'
    I've not seen those two.

Vince Vaughan was hilarious in that barracks scene. Did well with the serious stuff too. Garfield was superb.
  • I saw "La La Land" Wednesday and I'm still humming the tunes.

Blame my Dad, he was a cinema manager back in the 50s/60s and raised me on Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly musicals (also Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, James Stewart, John Wayne, etc)
  • Ironduke said:

Twist, was a big fan, but maybe the latest season is one too many.....failing to excite me so far

Duke ;ok has got a bit slow recently. Last season was terrible. Hoping things pick up in the next few episodes
    Homeland getting better ;ok
  • Homeland is one of the few things I watch on TV, the plot usually takes some unexpected turns and if I've guessed correctly what's going on then I'll be slightly disappointed
  • Just watching the first episode of the new Lethal Weapon series on ITV - as a big fan of the films and main actors I was very dubious ........

But I think the series has captured the oddball-ness of the films and I would guess all of the cast have studied the characters of the films as they are doing a really good job - think it is excellent so far.
  • We've started watching Quantico... the lead actress is starting to get on my nerves though.
  • Still got ''La La Land'' ear worms...
  • Who is showing Black Sails 4?
  • Just watching the first episode of the new Lethal Weapon series on ITV - as a big fan of the films and main actors I was very dubious ........

But I think the series has captured the oddball-ness of the films and I would guess all of the cast have studied the characters of the films as they are doing a really good job - think it is excellent so far.

I've watched all 16 or so episodes so far and I think it's brilliant. Has the right balance of humour, action and drama.

I gave up on Homeland after season 3. Season 1 was excellent but 2 and 3 were two of the worst I've ever seen for a show. I've heard it got better again but it doesn't deserve to be viewed after those seasons!
  • Hi Aslef - watched La La Land on Friday - really enjoyed it but could not get over how much the main man looked like Harry Kane
  • edited March 2017

Hi Aslef - watched La La Land on Friday - really enjoyed it but could not get over how much the main man looked like Harry Kane

But wait till you see the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem

• Outcast ;wave That's spooky!
  • But surely that's Obi-Wan Kenobi ;hmm

That is not the character you are looking for...
  • NEoldiron said:

Who is showing Black Sails 4?

APV NEW EPISODE every Monday
  • Homeland has picked up last 2 episodes

Legacy 24 3 hours in, pacey, with all the familiar twists and turns

I just started watching Deadwood..the language is freqently coarse.....a far cry from Lovejoy but a good watch....being a western fan

Lucky man with cold feet star Nesbitt is showing promise....

and somehow have got hooked on Quantico, but lost interrest in Helix and Continuum
  • I spent yesterday afternoon at the cinema watching Lion. I think I would recommend it but I got distracted by the man in the seat next to me who sat reading a book for two hours. When the light on the screen darkened he watched the film, when it brightened he went back to the page. For the last fifteen minutes of the film I was more interested in trying to figure out what on earth he was doing and whether he might possibly pose a danger to the public.
  • What was the book? ;hmm
  • Iron Duke - Deadwood is very good Ian Mcshane is brilliant in it. Takes awhile to get going but well worth sticking with one of my favourites shows.
  • edited March 2017
    Just finished a modern family marthon having missed the series some funny gentle humour, worth a watch.

Daredevil series is pretty good the bad guy in season one is very good.
  • Logan absolute quality up there with Deadpool / Guardians of the Galaxy / The Dark Knight for best super hero movies.

Definitely recommend seeing Logan.
  • Updates:-

Black Sails - BRILLIANT final series so far.
    Marvels Agents of Shield - Still going Strong, Ghost Rider has been an added piece of quality to the series imo.
    Walking Dead - Surprisingly not my the top of the list at the moment preferring Black Sails, still okay but I think we will need the second half of this mid-season for things to spice up when the fighting kicks off.
  • Ade - with the cost of a cinema ticket these days why the heck did he go there to read a book?! Irrespective of the issues with lighting! Was he on his own or had he been dragged along by another? My ghast is considerably flabbered!
  • IronHerb said:

But surely that's Obi-Wan Kenobi ;hmm

Our 5 aside team is called "Obi-Wan Kenobi Nil". ;biggrin
  • Yeold
    Where are you watching Black Sails? I asked this question a few days ago (not to you personally) but got no replies.
  • I'm guessing on a television.