TV and Films

Comments

• Line of Duty. Started last Sunday. I love this programme.
  • Preston

Me too.

Going to wait for all the episodes before I start watching.
  • Just watched "Decline and Fall" adapted from Evelyn Waugh's novel 1928 novel of the same name - one word, hilarious. ;lol
  • Loved "escape to the chateau"
  • Line of Duty. Best thing on council telly. Sucker for Wentworth too though!
  • I watched Madagascar yesterday.

I found it a gritty indictment of why Zoos are not the best places for Animals.

Also it would seem that Pengins are in fact Ninja masters...

Who knew.

"smile and wave boys, smile and wave.
  • Mmmm pengins. Pens full of gin instead of ink mmmmm
  • Now then , now then....suns out in the garden, but then I have to catch up with Black Sails...H5O......Walking Dead, no thats later....Deadwood.....Hooton and the Lady....House of Cards....nope, no time for gardening...take a couple of vit D tabs too offset no sunshine..already wartched Homeland and 2 episodes of Lucky man, where did Harry get Jelly Babies in a brown paper bag?
  • Have to say I was n't too impressed with the latest series of Walking Dead , the whole series did n't really go anywhere and the finale was a damp squib. Negan was good but the story arc was poor and the story did n't really move forward atall. If series 8 does n't start well I think I may stop watching as I don't really care what happens to the characters anymore
  • Kinda agree..they are spinning out on a wave of popularity...what was all that twaddle between the lovers? Difficult to fast forward it on NOW as you dont see the video......I thought last nights episode posed more questions than answers.......Rick should have seen that coming.......and how did the "cavalry" get round the back undetected? as for the tiger...awesome, how did he know a baddie from a goodie, bad enough with police dogs ramping about, they`ll bite anyone.....I love Tigers but not that close....and how many did Morgan kill...lol season 8 is probably one too far!
  • If the story was heading somewhere I would watch it but it just seems to be going in circles with Negan replacing the Governor . When they were heading to Washington there seemed to be a purpose to what they were doing. I agree Rick has been useless this season and the ending had plenty of holes in it . I hope we don't get a whole series of Rick vs Negan they need to more the story in a new direction with a possible ending in sight
  • Problem is they've killed off so many strong characters and the replacements just aren't meaningful enough to really care about.

I thought seasons 1-5 were excellent. Season 6 was kinda just building up to Negan. I thought the season 6 finale and season 7 premiere were fantastic viewing and generated a load of tension and genuine fear. But since then there's been nothing.
  • Its a bit like Emmerdale..used to be about animals....now there appears to be less walking dead..none last night...so perhaps season 8 will be , just simply the Walking!
    Negan seems to suddenly have over 100 soldiers left...and Rick about 30-40....ummm ...Rick should leave before they come..Alexandria has no viable defences and cant possibly have any ammo left.......
  • Just a reminder to be careful of spoilers. (Don't know if there are any, as I don't watch it...)
  • Black Sails Season 4 Smoked The Walking Dead Season 7 imo.

That last season of Black Sails was brilliant. If you can get through the first season of Black sails 2 and 3 are good. The 4th and final season was just brilliant start to end.
  • Walking dead is falling by the waste side, its no longer about Zombies. There is no end game just recurring themes. Gun shots are now treated as "grazes to the knee" apart from the first episode of series 7 its being a huge disappointment.
    Unfortunately its not going to improve the series is now up to the "All out War" of the comics, there will be a lot more action but the story line will fall heavily by the waste side unless the writers decide to go Game of Thrones style and throw in surprises every other episode but I just don't see that.

The Walking Dead Telltale games have a better story line than the TV series and I think when that is the case the TV series should just wrap up and walk away.
  • Problem is they've killed off so many strong characters and the replacements just aren't meaningful enough to really care about.

I thought seasons 1-5 were excellent. Season 6 was kinda just building up to Negan. I thought the season 6 finale and season 7 premiere were fantastic viewing and generated a load of tension and genuine fear. But since then there's been nothing.

They apparently re-filmed a lot of season 7 after the outcry to the premiere. It was great tv, but it was very, very hard to watch for me and nothing really bothers me on tv so I hate to think how others felt. They felt they had to tone some of it back down, although I doubt that affected the story concerns, they would have been there anyway.
  • edited April 2017
    Eski - yeah I didn't mean great viewing as in 'I enjoyed that', but I genuinely felt knots in my stomach watching the 6 finale and 7 premiere. Not in a good way, but that kinda emotion can only mean they did something right, even if it was crossing the line slightly.
    Then they had Negan as this terrifying human and Rick, who was unflappable, completely rocking. Yet in 6 episodes managed to turn Negan into just any other film villain and Rick managed to turn himself around from mental turmoil to 'hero' Rick again.

And each week it was just 'I'm Negan, I take your stuff' on repeat. Now they all rise to take him on, when only a few weeks ago they were accepting they were helpless and that was actually the route they should've gone down, and focused on each character breaking down mentally.
  • edited April 2017
    If you want to write something about a show that might be seen as a spoiler, you can wrap the 'spoiler' part in the following code:

Text goes here

It will then look like this:

Text goes here
  • Oooo now that is clever ;star
  • Suze

It's a one-click feature on the newer Editor bar, but that doesn't quite work properly on our site atm as you can't upload images.

I'm trying to work out what the issue is.
  • Magic ;wahoo

If anyone HAS posted a spoiler and wants me to retro-edit it with the nifty new ;wotsits just let me know ;thumbsup
  • Luke, I agree with all of that ;thumbsup

They've been struggling on The Walking Dead for some time now, tbh, I've stopped watching other shows that have been better so I don't know why I've stuck with it. I'll probably give it a few episodes in the next season too, just to see what direction they're going to take it. I think they need to trim the core cast down considerably and change the location to get the standard better. There needs to be an end game too imo. Comic books can get away with a never ending story, but that doesn't work for TV. There needs to be a direction.
  • Black sails- very disappointing imo ;puzzled
  • edited April 2017
    I'm halfway through episode 5 of "The Night Manager" and after all the hype I'm deeply disappointed.
    It was looking really good until they started the boringly predictable romantic thing between Pine and Jed. And now he's told her he's a spy. Seriously?
    I've not read the book so I've no idea how closely it follows the original story but its more James Bond stuff than Tinker, Tailor...
  • It's really, really tempting to click the reveal isn't it? I know I shouldn't, because it's one of the progs on my list of things to watch... but ;whome
  • I could save you six hours of your life.......well, 4 hours 30 minutes as I'm only halfway through episode 5. I'll probably watch the rest just to see how it turns out.
  • MrsGrey said:

It's really, really tempting to click the reveal isn't it? I know I shouldn't, because it's one of the progs on my list of things to watch... but ;whome

Oh I hear ya sister ! I just wanna click on it ;weep
  • I watched the rest, I really wouldn't bother........
  • The Doctor is back.

:D