TV and Films

Comments

• Sherlock finale ;bowdown

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant
  • Just watched And Then There Were None - 3 part adaptation of Agatha Christie's book.

Really good if you like well-acted period drama with a bit of eerie and suspense thrown in.

• edited January 2017

Why does Sherlock only have to be 3 episodes ;weep

Because Cummerbatch is hot property, he's currently involved in two productions that are filming, has three other projects lined up for filming later this year and has two in post production. In 2016 he appeared in Zoolander 2, The Hollow Crown and Dr Strange. In 2015 he had a three month run as Hamlet at the Barbican as well as appearing in Black Mass and filming the one off Sherlock special.

There's only so much Cummerbatch to go around
  • He's also launching a singing career with

Benedict and the Cumberband

;yercoat
  • Oh dear ;doh

We've just seen the Star Wars film Rogue One.

;bowdown ;clap

Some lovely little nods to the original films.

;carew
  • edited January 2017
    Watched horror called Hush, about a deaf girl trapped in a house with a serial killer.

Pretty good, considering the genre has been done to death.
  • Usually love Sherlock but found this last episode far too unreal. Am loving taboo but missed Tina and Bobby. Was it any good?
  • Sorry.

That wasn't actually meant to be a joke. ;doh

Honest.

Thanks anyway Suze ;wink

Have edited it.
  • Oh ;ok

Was funny though.
  • Agree with Hants re Sherlock.

That 3rd episode was pants.
  • Just realised Vikings is back on. Blinking love that show
  • IronHerb said:

Agree with Hants re Sherlock.

That 3rd episode was pants.

See, I hated the first 2. Didn't feel like they were Sherlock episodes at all. More like a soap opera. The 3rd was the best episode by a mile, except for one thing that happened that I won't post as it's a spoiler.
  • Just seen the last Sherlock and not sure what to make of it ;hmm

It feels like it went a bit 'too far'.
  • So how's the homework going? ;whistle
  • This may possibly have been mentioned over the previous 50 pages, but if not, I can highly recommend a cracking feel good film: Hunt for the Wilderpeople.
    Saw it last night, kids (14 and 16) were a little reluctant as it doesn`t involve Zombies, but thought it was brilliant. Genuine laugh out loud moments, poignant, and a little bit surreal, which is always good in my book. ;ok
  • Thanks for the tip, we are always on the lookout for good films.
  • As regards Sherlock. Episode two I found to be the best by a mile. Last episode I found a little disappointing, thought his sister was brilliantly acted, but the episode as a whole was a bit naff. Shame if that is the last one as Sherlock as a whole was excellent.
  • Watching billions with Damian Lewis and Paul giamanti at min pretty good so far ;ok
  • My current list, Homeland 5/5, Frontier 4/5, Helix 4/5, Hw5-0, 4/5;coming soon Walking Dead, season 7 part 2, The 100 season 5, Colony season 2, Fortitude, season 2, Expanse season 2..all hokum but good stuff....
  • So much to watch, so little time ;weep
  • TRue Mrs G..being retired...leisure, etc...busier now than when working...another gc due soon, that`ll make 4....
  • Good news on the gc ;thumbsup
    #dynasty
  • Just been to see Split... What an amazing, edge of your seat, hold your breath movie! If James McAvoy doesn't get an OSCAR for that performance then the film world has gone mad.
  • Quite like Shooter
  • Ham

He's OK, but he's never been my favourite Muppet.

• edited February 2017
    Hamstew said:

Quite like Shooter