TV and Films

Comments

• Thanks ;thumbsup
  • Peaky blinders is a great show btw
  • Finished Luke Cage and thought it was brilliant. I like that it (and Jessica Jones) were grounded in real issues so they had more going on than just the super hero thing, which is so common these days and they all have the same basic plot (personal tragedy, super powers, struggle between powers and normal life, blah blah blah). I like that it has such heavy references to hip hop, Harlem, Malcolm X etc.

Suz, I think it's worth giving it a few more episodes at least, it gets better.
  • Cheers Outcast ;ok
  • Being watching Lucifer on Amazon Prime and Hunted on Channel 4.

The Walking Dead back soon ;wahoo (save Maggie and Daryl ;pray)

Soooooooooooooo looking forward to The Walking Dead again. Don`t have much time for TV recently, and I don`t know if this has been mentioned, but have binge watched Scream Queens recently, daughter wanted to see it, and I have to say very cleverly scripted and I now have a new TV hero, step aside Daryl, hang up yer spurs Mr Phil Dunphy, Chanel Oberlin ;bowdown ;bowdown ;bowdown what a gal.
  • Designated Survivor 5 star - on netflix
    The last ship - 4 star - on NOw tv
    The Pinkertons 3.5 star - netflix
    Z nation - 4 star on netflix
    Black Sails - 5 star Prime
    Zoo - 3.5 star - NOW tv
    Ray Donovan - 5 star - NOW tv
  • Last ship wasn't bad at all actually . Vikings is still the best thing I've seen recently apart from walking dead #obvs
  • TWD ;bowdown
  • Power 3 seasons on Netflix is pretty decent too ;ok
  • Blacklist Season 4.

Episodes 1 and 2 watched.

I'd say 6 out of 10.
  • Atlanta. By Donald Glover (was in Community, as a rapper known as Childish Gambino). Not full of action but a brilliant example of writing on society - which is why he created it, to show that existing scriptwriting was lacking. Not for everyone but I think it's brilliant.
  • Watching Lucifer. Not bad so far
  • I saw "I, Daniel Blake" this morning, having had some dealings with the benefits system with the ex-Mrs shrugged it is sadly only too accurate.

I can certainly see why it won the Palme d'Or in Cannes, can see it sweeping up the BAFTAs, it might even dent the Oscars, probably best foreign language film as its mostly in Geordie and the Yanks will need subtitles
  • Anyone watching The Missing? ;bowdown

Wasn't keen on series 1 thought it was meh but think season 2 is superb.
  • I'm watching it and although it's twisting my melon man and I don't really know what's going on, I still can't wait until the next episode to come round every week.
  • Lukerz ;ok

Clatonite, that's a great way to put it ;ok

Any theories on what is happening?
  • Got the latest episode to watch tonight can't wait good cast good story keeps u guessing to what it's all about
  • I reckon Alice is in love with Sophie, both are alive and going to meet up for a new life and all the army mob are involved.
  • But they Dna tested the body in shed and it was Alice reckon Sophie and the other girl were involved
  • Pearce they didn't say the DNA was Alice. They said the DNA matched the "father's" but it wasn't tested against the mother's. maybe she is his daughter but not hers. There are clues all the way but we don't see them until an episode or two later. The series is only half way through so lots of twists to come
  • edited November 2016

But they Dna tested the body in shed and it was Alice reckon Sophie and the other girl were involved

My theory is the dad had a kid with another person whilst serving which he is unaware of, and that's the remains which were found in the shed. Either that or they were told it was Alice to throw them off the scent. They saw no official confirmation.
  • edited November 2016
    I am getting more confused every week lol
  • Hamstew said:

Watching Lucifer. Not bad so far

I really like Lucifer. The advantage of 4 hours of commuting a day means you can really get through a season of shows really quickly.
  • Blacklist

I saw episode 1 of season 4 last Friday and have to say I was a bit ;hmm

They kept ramping up the jeopardy to the point I stopped caring.

• Marvel Agents of Shield in America but not show in UK till 2017 ;angry
  • Moojor said:

Hamstew said:

Watching Lucifer. Not bad so far

I really like Lucifer. The advantage of 4 hours of commuting a day means you can really get through a season of shows really quickly.
    I like Lucifer has a bit of the "mentalist" feel about it but with some supernatural side to it.
  • Marvel Agents of Shield in America but not show in UK till 2017 ;angry

;angry
  • Suze

Have watched the first couple of episodes, and agree it is ;hmm compared to other seasons. Previously, they have always resolved issues reasonably quickly and moved on, which is what I hope happens.

We need more of Reddington being suave and witty and lethal, which is why we watch the show.