The UK is Out - New PM - and whither now for Article 50

Comments

• We had an election last year and the tories won, so no election now till 2020...
    Wonder where corbyn and the Labour Party will be then ;doh
  • Dead in a post apocalyptic wasteland along with the rest of us.
  • Didn't Theresa May demand Gordon Brown go to the country when Tony Blair stood down? I don't think she will be going to the country now she has become PM.
  • Preston,
    The law has changed since then.
  • Does the law state that she isn't allowed to?
  • Pretty much. She has to lose 2 'No Confidence' votes I believe.
  • It sounds a bit like Hotel California... ;lol
  • Ironically Jeremy 'the unelectable' got his job by members of the public voting for him as leader, DarthMay got hers because her mates at work voted her in.

Seems legit.
  • Democracy innit ;ok
  • Only labour members voted and had there been more than one candidate only conservative members would have voted.
  • At least she'll be tough on crime!

Having been Home Sec she'll know all about it.

Our resident PC who currently has 14 open cases to investigate can testify to how her cuts in the Met have really helped.

Good news all round.

Then there's less people in the passport office following her cuts. Changing our EU passport for a good old Brishish one should be a peice of cake.

and there's G4S.
  • Suz,

I get the feeling you are really happy with her being our new PM.
  • Mooj

I'm over the moon mate.

;thumbsup
  • When I say over the moon what I mean is beside myself with rage.

;biggrin
  • I'm a public sector worker, she'll have me on a zero hours contract before you can say 'has anyone got Guy Fawkes's phone number'!
  • edited July 2016

Only labour members voted and had there been more than one candidate only conservative members would have voted.

Thing is Labour members who joined before mid January of this year don't get a vote in the new leadership campaign even though the application said new members would qualify to vote for leadership and NEC elections.

The new left wing version of democracy? ;hmm
  • Herb, from what I've read that was introduced by those trying to get Corbyn out because they believe most who signed up since would vote for him.

I don't know how any of them are more electable. Angela Eagle gave some rubbish interviews and the media didn't even stay for her launch.
  • so we've got May and Hammond - where's Clarkson ?? ;wink
  • Ironically Jeremy 'the unelectable' got his job by members of the public voting for him as leader, DarthMay got hers because her mates at work voted her in.

Seems legit.

The idea that Corbyn won because of members of the public siging up as £3 "registered supporters" is false, he got 162968 votes from party members and affiliates (trade unions, etc) while the other three candiates only got 159246 between them.
  • Still if May delivers on her speech this evening we won't need a Labour party.
  • She can basically say what she likes at the moment - nobody is going to remember it, or hold her to account.
  • ASLEF I'm surprised the other candidates didn't get up a petition claiming it was too close to be valid. ;lol
  • She can basically say what she likes at the moment - nobody is going to remember it, or hold her to account.

I will.

Don't suppose she's too worried about that, though.
  • Pards, I really, really hope that your above posts are meant to be ironic ;hmm
  • MrsGrey said:

She can basically say what she likes at the moment - nobody is going to remember it, or hold her to account.

I will.

Don't suppose she's too worried about that, though.
    As will I.
  • ASLEF I'm surprised the other candidates didn't get up a petition claiming it was too close to be valid. ;lol

They didn't need to. A Corbyn supporter had done one before the election when they thought he would lose. ;wink
This discussion has been closed.