Slaven Bilic named as West Ham Manager (09.06.15)

Comments

• Expat - we’ll have to see. But Sully seemed to suggest he was just a guy looking for a bit of a hobby and has no real meaningful money.
  • Sky bet
    1/10 Moyes
    Helpppppoopp!!!!!!
  • The other question I have over an “interim” appointment (if that turns out to be true) is what happens in the Jan transfer window? What if, say Moyes buys a player who six months later might not fit into a longer term manager’s plans. Not so much of an issue for a club like Chelsea who have far deeper pockets..
  • Who is Wagner?
  • Is Moyes the best we can do? NO ;doh ;weep

If we want the right manager the owners need to go out and do whatever it takes to get one simple isn't it? ;ok
  • Rather put Westley in caretaker position to not make a rash, poor decision... If they are sacking Slav.
  • If it is true that Slav is going, why haven't the owners sacked him already. I assume they are looking for a mutual agreement type thing to save money?
  • Fortune

No, it really isn't simple.

Unless they've opened a UK branch of 'Managers 'R' Us'.
  • grey,

I appreciate that because this is why they have struggled to make the right appointment. ;ok
  • edited November 2017
    It’s possibly a little easier if you have bottomless pits of money (not us). If, for example, they put a five year contract in front of someone like Dyche and paid burnley a large comp fee, they might have some joy. But that’s not going to happen.
  • baracks,

That is the crux of the problem as I said last week we neither have the manager nor owners to realistically take us to the next level however that is classified.
  • Fortune ;ok

Sorry, think I missed the irony in your post.
  • It is a limiting factor. Any significant step up manager will want a decent contract, will probably need paying off, and then will doubtless want a sizeable transfer kitty. The daves were not able to stretch to carvalho’s fee in the summer (either that or didn’t want to). We have also not really been in a position to sell on any of our players for big bucks either. So a lot of our player purchases keep coming out of new money as opposed to recycled money.
  • Tbh
    We over achieved last year by luck we finished where we did
    Reinforcements don’t seem to done much,, tho on paper team looks good
    Sooo what next
  • We don’t really need anything fancy. Someone who can up our fitness levels, get them working harder, get them properly organised and getting many of the basics right. With our squad, even if this was achieved, it should be enough to enable us to climb into mid table.
  • Fitness is a joke
    Passing !!!!
    Ball winning !!! Luck
    Tracking back!
    Am lost !
  • Can't see bilic going tbh. Woudnt they have already done it by now?
  • No I don’t think so. I’m thinking things will unfold tomorrow
  • Hearing an announcement tonight. Around 7-8.
  • Strokes chin ;weep
  • imagelost said:

Fitness is a joke
    Passing !!!!
    Ball winning !!! Luck
    Tracking back!
    Am lost !

Gutless
  • edited November 2017
    Tbh I’d rather Pards.

Unlucky first time with us. Knows the club. Always speaks highly of us.

Had a decent go at keeping Charlton up (4-0 anyone). Did well at Newcastle. Did well at Palace. Starts well at clubs.

Also unemployed.

Might stick a £5 on him.
  • edited November 2017

If it is true that Slav is going, why haven't the owners sacked him already. I assume they are looking for a mutual agreement type thing to save money?

Because if Slaven goes then Jurcevic (Slav's assistant at Croatia, Lokomotiv Moscow and Besiktas), Rak (Fitness Coach at Lokomotiv and Besiktas) and Terzic (Coach at Besiktas) all go with him

That leaves Julian Dicks, Terry Westley and Chris Woods.

They're only going to sack him if they've got someone lined up and that someone his own coaching staff sorted
  • Oh so we’ve got a fitness coach have we? Who would have thought?!
  • Not sure what any of them do?
  • NO SHORT TERM / TO THE END OF THE SEASON TEMPORARY APPOINTMENTS.

NOT Pards.
    NOT Gus.
    NOT Moyes.
    NOT PNeville.

A proper - 3 seasons contract or there is no point sacking Bilic.
  • edited November 2017

NO SHORT TERM / TO THE END OF THE SEASON TEMPORARY APPOINTMENTS.

NOT Pards.
    NOT Gus.
    NOT Moyes.
    NOT PNeville.

A proper - 3 seasons contract or there is no point sacking Bilic.

NOT Moyes
    NOT P NEVILLE
    Pards?
    Gus?
  • Welll I thought I wS alone ;clap
This discussion has been closed.