Slaven Bilic named as West Ham Manager (09.06.15)

Comments

• Moyes done a great job at Sunderland
  • imagelost said:

Moyes done a great job at Sunderland

Is this quote from Stevie Wonder?
  • Stevie wonder
    song

1976 I wish
  • Jorderz

I was looking for someone to convince me about Moyes, and I think you've just about done it.
  • A fool for you 1967 ish
  • What we really need is
    Master blaster 1980
  • Roy hogson ;clap
  • My Cherie Amouryes
  • ;biggrin ;lol
  • Moyes Signed, Sealed , Delivered ?? ;nonono
  • Could Everton end up with bfs and we get Moyes ;nonono
  • Twist

Why on earth would Dyche or Wagner want to come to us? Regardless of money.

People keep trotting out this nonsense about our owners not wanting to appoint anyone who would cost money as though it was a given fact, instead of made up old rubbish.

I suspect if Dyche made it known he would come to us, the owners would happily stump up the required amount.

But he won't.

If we are going to get shot of Slav, the only managers who might come to us are those who are out of work.

I can't think of any manager in the league, that we might think would be a good appointment, who would want to leave his club for us.

But i thought the stadium move would take us to the next level?
    It has --- unfortunately it's the next level down
  • edited November 2017

"But i thought the stadium move would take us to the next level?"

>"I think we can probably safely conclude that the next level has been achieved"

>>The upper tier at the London Stadium certainly feels like the next level above the Boleyn.
  • Moyes Signed, Sealed , Delivered ?? ;nonono

If that were true, Heaven Help Us All...
  • The problem is if you want to take a club to the next level you have to provide the financial resources. You have to spend more tha £4m net and you have to be prepared to pay for the man you want and suffer the financial consequences if you decide to sack the manager. At the moment the Dave’s are not offering enough, financially, to get this club to where they said they were aiming to take it.

If the owners don’t have the money, I have no problem with that. I question it, but accept it. But you have to ask why bother selling the ground and moving if they can’t actually provide the resources to make that transition worthwhile? What was the point?
  • Lukerz, what about this new bod that has invested ??
  • edited November 2017
    Lukerz

Not sure of the value of looking at net spend, but this season it is 10, not 4.

If the club can sell on players, and make money, it is doing a good job.

Spurs mastered it years ago.

In gross terms, in the last 5 years, they have spent

£40m

£59m

£49m

£41m

£20m

In that period we have the 8th highest net spend (£106m), with Palace and Leicester the only 'non-top' clubs above us, and Leicester got a PL title out of that.

To suggest the owners have not been putting in the money flies in the face of the facts.

I'm really not sure why people insist on ignoring the facts.
  • Expat - we’ll have to see. But Sully seemed to suggest he was just a guy looking for a bit of a hobby and has no real meaningful money.
  • Sky bet
    1/10 Moyes
    Helpppppoopp!!!!!!
  • The other question I have over an “interim” appointment (if that turns out to be true) is what happens in the Jan transfer window? What if, say Moyes buys a player who six months later might not fit into a longer term manager’s plans. Not so much of an issue for a club like Chelsea who have far deeper pockets..
  • Who is Wagner?
  • Is Moyes the best we can do? NO ;doh ;weep

If we want the right manager the owners need to go out and do whatever it takes to get one simple isn't it? ;ok
  • Rather put Westley in caretaker position to not make a rash, poor decision... If they are sacking Slav.
  • If it is true that Slav is going, why haven't the owners sacked him already. I assume they are looking for a mutual agreement type thing to save money?
  • Fortune

No, it really isn't simple.

Unless they've opened a UK branch of 'Managers 'R' Us'.
  • grey,

I appreciate that because this is why they have struggled to make the right appointment. ;ok
  • edited November 2017
    It’s possibly a little easier if you have bottomless pits of money (not us). If, for example, they put a five year contract in front of someone like Dyche and paid burnley a large comp fee, they might have some joy. But that’s not going to happen.
  • baracks,

That is the crux of the problem as I said last week we neither have the manager nor owners to realistically take us to the next level however that is classified.
  • Fortune ;ok

Sorry, think I missed the irony in your post.
This discussion has been closed.