Comments

• edited July 8
    Semi-final team?

Pickford
    Alexander-Arnold - Stones - Guehi - Shaw
    Mainoo - Rice
    Saka - Bellingham - Palmer
    Kane
  • Can’t see a world where he doesn’t start Walker and Foden, tbh. I also don’t know that Shaw will have enough in him to start. I reckon it’ll be:

Pickford; Walker Stones Guehi Trippier; Mainoo Rice; Saka Bellingham Foden; Kane
  • Didn't we play with 3 at the back against Switzerland? It kinda felt like a Man City (at times) 3-2-4-1

Pickford
    Walker - Stones - Konsa
    Mainoo - Rice
    Saka - Foden - Bellingham - Trippier
    Kane

Saka, to me, wasn't really playing a WB; he was too far forward for that imo. Whether we'll do the same against the Netherlands remains to be seen, but it was a better performance against Switzerland than most we've seen so far in this tournament.
  • Dont think Southgate is gonna ring the changes, id say 9 of the XI we know

The only questions are, who's going to partner Rice? Does Guehi come straight back in for Konsa?

Maybe one more question, is Shaw fit to start?
  • That team goes out, IMO
  • Trippier & Foden as left-sided options is one of our biggest issues.

It’s either Saka or Foden from the right, that’s it. Then on the left it should be Gordon or Palmer. Bellingham in the advanced role. Rice next to another CM (currently Mainoo). Kane up front.

If he can’t start Shaw then maybe Gomez or somebody who has at least played at LB for a run of games in the PL.
  • I thought Shaw did ok so would start him and replace if necessary. I do think we need impose ourselves on the game early rathe than allow them to push us deep.
  • Get Trippier out of the starting line-up. He's a good sub to come on and shout at people (the Henderson role), but Gordon, Palmer or even Bowrn would balance the team better.

• Listen, that’s not the team I would want to see, but it’s what I think we’ll get. I personally don’t want to see Walker or Trippier, but I think we will.

I’d love something like:
    Pickford; Trent Stones Guehi Shaw (Konsa); Mainoo Rice; Saka Foden Bellingham; Watkins
  • alderz said:

Listen, that’s not the team I would want to see, but it’s what I think we’ll get. I personally don’t want to see Walker or Trippier, but I think we will.

I’d love something like:
    Pickford; Trent Stones Guehi Shaw (Konsa); Mainoo Rice; Saka Foden Bellingham; Watkins

No, just no. Cut that right out. It's bad enough that Baz is a Liverpool fanboy (sorry Baz 😂🤣😂), don't you go down that road too. TAA is perfectly acceptable, "Trent" should be an insta-ban imo.
  • alderz said:

Listen, that’s not the team I would want to see, but it’s what I think we’ll get. I personally don’t want to see Walker or Trippier, but I think we will.

I’d love something like:

No, just no. Cut that right out. It's bad enough that Baz is a Liverpool fanboy (sorry Baz 😂🤣😂), don't you go down that road too. TAA is perfectly acceptable, "Trent" should be an insta-ban imo.
    Shearer did this after the penalties. "Palmer, Bellingham, Saka, Toney, Trent". Grinds my gears.
  • You can’t say TAA out loud though, and Alexander-Arnold takes too long. Also me and him are like this 🤞🏻 so it’s fine
  • Shearer did this after the penalties. "Palmer, Bellingham, Saka, Toney, Trent". Grinds my gears.

Shearer was doing it when commentating in the first game when TAA started, sooooo annoying. Amazingly the other commentator managed to say Alexander-Arnold ok, despite what alderz says.

• alderz said:

You can’t say TAA out loud though, and Alexander-Arnold takes too long. Also me and him are like this 🤞🏻 so it’s fine

You're writing (or typing) it here, so still absolutely no justification.

• alderz said:

I’d love something like:

Whilst I appreciate the 'boy' part of fan boy, now the one and only Klopphas has departed, I think I will be too sad to watch the 'Pool next season 😥
  • Yeno, I agree.
  • That was a game worth watching. Back to drossville tomorrow.
  • That Spanish wonder kid any chance of us getting him not 17 till Saturday can't cost to much =) =) =)
  • Is he that fat kid with Messi? (as a baby?)
  • Also, Gary Lineker wiv a bit of Spanish. love it.
  • MrsGrey said:

Also, Gary Lineker wiv a bit of Spanish. love it.

Is Lineker so far up his own backside that he thinks the viewing public would be impressed with those couple of words in Spanish? Bring back Des Lynas.

• I don't think he's that bovvered about the viewing public... the English viewing public, anyway. I can't see he did that to impress 'them'... because clearly a lot of people won't be impressed that someone can speak Spanish.

Personally, I'm in favour of broadcasters being less parochial.

And, you know, he was actually a player in Spain, so it's nice that those who remember him feel that he remembers that time too with a bit of fondness and sympathy.
  • steve said:

That Spanish wonder kid any chance of us getting him not 17 till Saturday can't cost to much =) =) =)

Is that his age? The BBC commentators failed to mention that last night. 🤦‍♂️
  • DJ Hammer said:

MrsGrey said:

Is Lineker so far up his own backside that he thinks the viewing public would be impressed with those couple of words in Spanish? Bring back Des Lynas.

You mean Les Dynam.
  • DJ Hammer said:

MrsGrey said:

You mean Les Dynam.
    Yeah, him too

• Rice loses the ball & the Dutch score.
  • edited July 10
    Farcical penalty to England. Kane’s broken foot soon healed.
  • Never a penalty.
  • edited July 10
    And now England get an undeserved pen imo

And equalise.