Euro 2024

Comments

• I do wish more referees would have the courage to stick with their original decision after viewing. If she said 90% take the VAR response she may be taking into account across FIFA, it certainly feels more than that in the premier league, so much so the crowd instantly cheer and expect the decision to change as soon as the screen is viewed.

Had we gone out to that decision against us I think our press would have been damning of the referee and VAR.
  • That decision is one of the things that make me feel our name may be already on that trophy this year, but if we are getting superstitious can we overcome the Harry Kane trophy jinx, Bayern had there first barren season since 1734 when he arrived last season.
  • edited July 12
    Slacker said:

Both show you can get results when your opposition aren't that great 😂
  • Slacker said:

Both show you can get results when your opposition aren't that great 😂

To be fair, all the opposition football teams have been much better organised and managed than the political opposition were.
  • Since 2001 Spanish teams have been in 21 finals against non-Spanish teams (EL, CL, WC, Euro) and have won each and every one of them.
    Combine that with Harry Kane's trophy jinx I fear we're up against the wall.
  • Yet something gives me a bit of hope. I have seen us play much better only to get knocked out in World Cups and Euros, yet this time something seems on our side.

I really hope Bowen can get a little pitch time.
  • For me, the pen decision is the sort of thing that’s gone against us in the past so I have no problem with us getting the rub of the green. I also think over all that we were the better side so the Dutch haven’t got much of a leg to stand on. They didn’t do enough to win the game and that’s it.
  • A good breakdown or the impact of Watkins against Holland.

https://x.com/HKhaliqueLoonat/status/1811810759502090292
  • Eurgh. Can't decide if I want to watch it or not.
  • I'm going to go and buy more wine, then make a decision...
  • I’d drink it and then make my decision, but you do you 😀
  • Feels like we're playing with 10 men, Kane might as well not be there.
  • Bring off Kane and Bellingham. Win or lose, let’s just finish with a bang rather than a whimper!
  • Not bad half imo, we showed them a bit too much respect in the first 15 mins but then it became more balanced and we had more possession and created a couple of half chances.

Kane gets some stick but I think he puts in a shift - would like to see Watkins come on with at least 30 mins to go
  • We have no pace up front.
  • Very tight and both defences are doing well, Shaw has been great.

Nico Williams looks dangerous every time he gets the ball.
  • Oh dear.
  • Bish bosh, straight through us.
  • Nearly a second.
  • Over to you Mr. Southgate. Time to earn your salary.
  • edited July 14
    We’re in panic mode right now
  • Kane off - 15 minutes too late but better late than never
  • MIAHammer said:

Kane off - 15 minutes too late but better late than never

Let's be honest, an hour too late.

• MIAHammer said:

Kane off - 15 minutes too late but better late than never

60 minutes too late, again he did nothing. I think it got to Southgate's stage of being able take him off without causing him offence. At least Watkins has 30 mins, need Palmer on now as well.
  • Why so much faffing about with the B team starting.
  • Bowen on now please
  • I haven’t always been a big fan of Pickford but he’s kept us in this game.
  • So close.