Euro 2024

Comments

• Really hate Cucurella
  • 2 long stoppages in added time, yet he blows immediately at 4 minutes. Very poor.
  • Get Southgate out now and put in someone that’s going to play on the front foot.
  • Spain best side in tournament

England never played well

Correct result
  • No excuses. Spain deserved it. England didn't.
    Fair enough.
  • Fair result. Pickford stopped at least 3 and they missed at least 4 more.
  • Best team of the tournament won….
  • Watching the scenes on the beeb. Am I seeing Greeno there?
  • No West Ham player, no trophy. When will they learn
  • I feel the commentators are being very open and stating what many have felt. We just have never fielded our best starting eleven from the first whistle and have played too defensively and only began to enter some of the gears we have when going behind.

Spain were the best team but I would have liked to see us play our best eleven from the start and have gone at them more. The big difference was they were always looking for the forward pass where as we were so often taking a sideways pass.

I feel our players were at least the match of them individually but the managers and tactics made the difference.
  • Can have no complaints. I never expected us to reach the final given how Southgate has his team playing. Thanks Gareth but I think it's time someone else gets given a chance to show what they can do with this squad.
  • Sadly, the FA will always pick 'safe' Mr Nice.
  • Not so subtle criticism of Southgate from the BBC studio & deservedly so.
  • Southgate interview. Sounds like a broken man
  • If he is still in charge for the next World Cup qualification, I for one will not bother watching hahaha
  • He won't be.
  • edited July 15
    Pretty sure he has a contract til 2026, and there’s no way he gets sacked. If he’s not in charge it’s his choice. I would be happy for him to stay, personally, though recognise that’s a minority position.

Edit: yeah his contract is til December so maybe he doesn’t get a new one, idk.
  • We play the same XI (OK shaw) and we get the same results, put on Palmer and Watkins in and for the 7th time we look the better for it

Once is random, 2nd time a coincidence but every game we introduce Watkins/Palmer and get better, its just stupidity

Just thankful it's Gareths last game, liked out by having the easiest tournament runs and yet still had no clue what to do, clueless manager

Benefit is the guys that turned up today all have their primes ahead of them, the future is bright, we just need someone to bring them together
  • His contract expires this December so a decision needed soon.
  • Kane still cupless is that a word
  • steve said:

Kane still cupless is that a word

It is now!
    #kennethwolstenholme
  • I think if we were lacking in attacking talent then fair enough. But we are not.... We left players behind that would've got into most other squares
  • Gareth's epitaph: One game away from being a legend.
  • He’s quit today.
  • He’s quit today.

Good, a tournament (or 2) too late imo but I'll give him his dues, 2 finals and a semi is something I've never seen in my lifetime, so we'll done Gareth

But also I won't ignore the fact that he's had some ridiculously easy routes to the final and has shown no ability to win the big games due to his lack of tactical ability

No Idea who'll replace him, but they'll have a great crop of players to pick from
  • Can't wait for a new attack-minded manager and going out in the round of 16

Thr way the game is going that will mean winning 3 to 4 knock out matches soon 😅
  • People favouring Potter for the job but surprisingly his win % in the PL was 28%.

So if Luis de la Fuente Castillo were to be the new manager, you'd still reckon that?