Euro 2024

Comments

• A pedrestrian performance in the main. Better than most of the other matches, but that's not really saying much. Saka looks the main threat, although they're now looking to double up on him whenever they can.
  • That was more of the same, too many short passes backwards and sideways and too little movement and run making. I have never seen a short corner worked back to the keeper.

This said we have the players to produce a moment of magic as Jude did in the last match and the Swiss are making little themselves. We just need a stop doing the same thing with the same players and expecting a different performance.

Give them another ten minutes and make big changes.
  • Swiss coach preparing subs. After an hour.
    Does he know nothing?

😂
  • edited July 6
    Slacker said:

So much for all the talk about going with a back 3.

We are aren’t we?🤷🏻‍♂️

My mistake bbc initially had 4 at back.
  • Oh dear.
  • Same XI, same tactics, same Southgate

And we've been awful.... again, shock
  • Stones not decisive enough, and Walker beaten
    But who should have been marking that player - not Walker, presumably? 🤔

Need to see a replay
  • edited July 6
    Ooh look, Southgate making subs, whatever next =)
    But he's left Kane on and brings on Shaw who hasn't played since February.
  • Great goal from Saka

Another moment of brilliance bailing us out
  • How can you get to around 80 minutes without a shot on target and not think you need to change something.
  • Rice with the assist 😳
  • MrsGrey said:

Rice with the assist 😳

Absolutely, I saw that. Made the run, made the space.
  • Surely Tony has to get on now......
  • Surely Tony has to get on now......

Or Watkins.
  • Palmer has had more runs in less than 20 minutes than Kane, Bellingham or Foden all game.
  • How is Schăr still on the pitch?
  • Kane takes a tumble and makes it easier for Southgate to sub him.
  • Swiss finishing stronger
  • Never in doubt 😂🤣😂
  • What game were Lineker and crew watching because they’re in raptures over the England performance especially Richards who keeps saying everything we wanted from England they delivered. I thought it was only a marginal improvement on their previous games.
    As far as I can recall Sommer missed the only save he had to make.
  • Amazing to see a full penalty quota scored by us!!

Part of me hopes Kane is injured for the semi so we are forced into a change
  • That line-up for the penalties is really impressive

5 amazing penalty takes that I'd back against anyone

Need to sort out the onfield issues but a semi-final is a semi-final I guess
  • Great Penalties

That performance was poor and they only looked like the team they could be in the time they went behind until they scored, then dropped back a gear and reverted backwards.

Southgate is a terrible manager in my view and hindering a great set of players. He has been over promoted and should get no plaudits for getting us to a semi final at all, we have got their despite him not because of him.
  • Oh come on praise where it’s due lads. We dug in really hard against a really good side. Much much better and they worked their socks off.
    I’m not having this Kane criticism, he worked so so hard for the team and was knackered when he went off.
    So pleased for Southgate.
  • I have been impressed with Eze, I always saw he had touches and ability when I have watched Palace but also disappeared at times, but he really works hard and looks to go forward as first instinct but always back defending when you need. Palmer has been the other that has impressed. Sako has been good also and I feel for Bowen who would have had a lot more time were Sako not on such good form.
  • edited July 6
    I just switched over to ITV player to watch the later game.

Sponsored by..
    Visit Qatar
    and
    Lidl

😂

Not sure there's a crossover demographic there.
  • Don’t know how you cannot start Palmer but Southgate will find a way. A lot of sideways and backwards passing. Another uninspiring performance from Foden and Bellingham.
    But hey, we’re in the semis.
  • MIAHammer said:

Don’t know how you cannot start Palmer but Southgate will find a way. A lot of sideways and backwards passing. Another uninspiring performance from Foden and Bellingham.
    But hey, we’re in the semis.

Oh man we definitely watched a different game.

• I thought we were pretty good, much improved. Once again though, I don’t care about performances in knockout football.