Summer Transfers 2024

Comments

• Various Turkish sources claim that we have made an enquiry about Zaha who reportedly didn't have a great first season with Galatasaray and only made 15 starts in 42 appearances

I hate football...
  • I don't particularly like Zaha, but he has absolutely bag loads of ability.
  • Seen a lot of reports that we are a little strapped for cash this summer

Maybe we were banking on the Paqueta money which seems unlikely now, but maybe a bit of bargain hunting this summer
  • alderz said:

I don't particularly like Zaha, but he has absolutely bag loads of ability.

He had bags of ability, but his last season at Palace suggested a drop off in form, and, as ASLEF says, his season in Turkey wasn't exactly impressive.

There were links to Zaha 2 or 3 weeks ago, apparently they're keen to offload him as his wages are supposedly a bit of an issue for them, so I think they're being a bit cheeky asking for 10m for him given they signed him for nothing last summer. They gave him the contract, let them stew on paying his wages then 😂🤣😂.

It's a big no from me though, He's likely to still want big wages from us, so exactly the wrong sort of signing imo.

• To old now
  • Kudus is very similar to Zaha but young and hungry. Zaha was a great player at best and kept Palace up on his own at times but it's a move looking backward for us and I suspect a step closer to retirement for him. I guess if we offloaded Ings and only had pay him those wages it would be a no lose and strengthen the squad, but If we had to pay a fee and increase the wage bill massively it would be a big no from me.
  • Looks like Wes Foderingham will be signing this week on a two-year deal. Medical took place today.
  • To be fair to Wes, all he has to do is let in less than 100 goals to have a better season than last...
  • He only let in 79 😂
  • Sheff let in 100+ goals last season, I assuming med he was in goal all the time....
  • edited June 24
    No, Grbic was in goal for the 9 games and let in 25.
  • Looks like Ben Johnson is going to Ipswich ,dont think he really pushed on with us .So not to concerned about him going .
  • steve said:

Looks like Ben Johnson is going to Ipswich ,dont think he really pushed on with us .So not to concerned about him going .

Tbf fair play to him, has clearly gone somewhere where he can get proper gametime and really try to kick-start his career
  • steve said:

Looks like Ben Johnson is going to Ipswich ,dont think he really pushed on with us .So not to concerned about him going .

Tbf fair play to him, has clearly gone somewhere where he can get proper gametime and really try to kick-start his career
    Not sure it's a kick start going to a relegation favourite.
  • Heard it was Paqueta 😮‍💨

• Ravel49 said:

We apparently offered £35m for Kilman, or £40m plus Ings.

• IronHerb said:

steve said:

Not sure it's a kick start going to a relegation favourite.
    But to have a good chance at playing regularly is, wherever you can get it.
  • I think he's chased the cash, no issue with that.
  • Don't see how joining a team where its very likely they have contract clauses where players wages drop once they're relegated (which is likely for Ipswich) is "chasing the cash", especially when said team have will have the lowest wages in the league
  • edited June 26
    IronHerb said:

I think he's chased the cash, no issue with that.

I seriously doubt if Ipswich could afford the £50k pw he allegedly wanted, their highest paid player is reported to be George Hirst on £17k pw

He's probably getting pretty much the same as he was at West Ham (£20k) but with a much better chance of more playing time
  • I heard he’s getting £40 grand a year and a company Suzuki Swift.
  • From the press it seems that too many players want to leave and we haven't tied-down outfield replacements (only 1 so far) though it may be early days. Even if we get them there is a daunting task ahead. Pre-season will begin in about 3 weeks. Before that players need to get fit and bed into new locations and the playing system preferred by the manager. New coaches also need to understand players physical and psychological make-up as there is little continuity in that department. I may be faint hearted but it doesn't look too good. I fear a repeat of the Pellegrini season.
  • The only way I can think of Johnson chasing the cash is via a sign on bit of wedge..
  • How much is he worth with a couple of years left on a contract? £10m? So if he takes half that as a signing on fee and £30k a week over a 5 year deal then it's £50k a week.
  • If Ipswich give him a 5M sign on then the world of football is even more crazy than I previously thought
  • Ipswich are sniffing around Hulls Greaves. Will not be impressed if we don't snap him up. Firstly for the qualities he has and secondly, he's the sort that they will sell for a big profit when they get relegated 😗
  • THE SUN

Basketball star Shaquille O'Neal is in talks about taking a stake in West Ham United. 🏀

THE TIMES

West Ham United have revived their interest in signing Aaron Wan-Bissaka, who is among the versatile right-backs on their shortlist.
  • I'd take Bissaka, he is limited going forward but so is Coufal so I think he'd be a good long term replacement

Think he'd make us look solid at the back, which is what we need after how horribly we defended last year

Kinda wild that he's still only 26
This discussion has been closed.